West Premiership Prizemoney

.Stuart.

Was having a wee look at the SPFL Premiership board and stumbled across an interesting thread about SPFL prize money where the top 2 share a combined 23% leaving the other 40 clubs sharing 77% between them. (The team finishing bottom of League 2 earns £43,000).

It got me thinking about Prizemoney in the juniors, particularly if there’s a difference between finishing -say- 2nd and 3rd in the top league.

Without having to speak to club treasurers, is there a place online to find these numbers?

It would also be interesting to find out the rewards for winning the Junior cup or WOS cup.

Was having a wee look at the SPFL Premiership board and stumbled across an interesting thread about SPFL prize money where the top 2 share a combined 23% leaving the other 40 clubs sharing 77% between them. (The team finishing bottom of League 2 earns £43,000).

It got me thinking about Prizemoney in the juniors, particularly if there’s a difference between finishing -say- 2nd and 3rd in the top league.

Without having to speak to club treasurers, is there a place online to find these numbers?

It would also be interesting to find out the rewards for winning the Junior cup or WOS cup.

I might be wrong but didn’t they do away with 2nd and 3rd prize money a few years back? The sponsors don’t put that much money into the leagues (that might have changed but I doubt it). In the cups the cut of the gate was worth more than the prize money when we won the west a few years back.

The west region don’t do a good job of promoting themselves. I asked for them to make better use of social media and stream draws etc online as that can be used to attempt to attract new sponsors rather than relying on existing sponsors. I was told 2 years ago it was happening. Still waiting [emoji849]

I might be wrong but didn’t they do away with 2nd and 3rd prize money a few years back? The sponsors don’t put that much money into the leagues (that might have changed but I doubt it). In the cups the cut of the gate was worth more than the prize money when we won the west a few years back.

The west region don’t do a good job of promoting themselves. I asked for them to make better use of social media and stream draws etc online as that can be used to attempt to attract new sponsors rather than relying on existing sponsors. I was told 2 years ago it was happening. Still waiting [emoji849]
One of my gripes re:promotion is the west region doesn't have its own site whereas all other junior regions do as does the rest of non-league.

Whoever runs the SJFA fb page is doing a decent job on promoting the leagues but I do agree with you. There’s hardly any appetite for junior football nowadays and it’s only going to get less popular as the LL strengthens.

Talbot presented with a Trophy last night (a new Trophy) which had the wrong League name on it - saw something similar on here about Gartcairn and 1st Division / League 1.

How can the West Region not know that their top League is the West Premiership and not the West Region Premier Division? It was debated enough last year. Whoever ordered these trophies should be made to pay for further new ones out of their own pocket.

Also, seen on Twitter that Talbot weren't even presented with their medals - merely handed a carrier bag (Iceland) full of them "here's aw yer medals".... not even as good as amateurish.

2 hours ago, Bellsdale Boy said:

Talbot presented with a Trophy last night (a new Trophy) which had the wrong League name on it - saw something similar on here about Gartcairn and 1st Division / League 1.

How can the West Region not know that their top League is the West Premiership and not the West Region Premier Division? It was debated enough last year. Whoever ordered these trophies should be made to pay for further new ones out of their own pocket.

Also, seen on Twitter that Talbot weren't even presented with their medals - merely handed a carrier bag (Iceland) full of them "here's aw yer medals".... not even as good as amateurish.

If that last part is true then it should be the death knell for any loyalty Talbot show to the Junior grade. The club have represented Junior Football positively for years now and that's what they get in return? Unreal.

Who is to blame though? Is it the West region or the SJFA?

Could also add that the Central League Cup was presented to Talbot for the new West of Scotland Sectional Cup.

Totally sums up Scottish football as whole from the people running the game half hearted approach as usual.

On 18/05/2019 at 17:34, Wile E Coyote said:

Top two in the league get prize money (although its not all that much). The rest get nothing

How would Auchinleck know about how much you get for coming second?

Edited by garrellburn

Guys it was me that ordered cups and inscriptions on them, if it’s wrong it’s on me not the west region.
If it’s required I’ll replace them personally
Alex Mcdowall

5 hours ago, Bellsdale Boy said: