Hello from Sunny Berwick Upon Tweed

BerwickRanger

47 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-prize-pot-reaches-25m

Hibbee put the actual figures up the other day, I don't have them to hand, including how they were assigned in the SPFL accounts (perhaps he can post again), but there's a linked reference to parachute payments from the SPFL April announcement plus confirmation that they are in addition to the £45k payment Berwick will go down with next season.

Relegation for club 42 is, of course, stacked in their favour of a quick return, but as the Shire found out, it's a tough route back.

Parachute payments are paid in season 1, then a reduced payment in season 2, then nothing.

So you can disagree if you like, but you'd be wrong. emoji6.png

I’ll stick by my original statement  thanks.

13 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I'm more than happy to welcome yous to the LL but fcuk knows what league my team will play in next season. :o Its been a while since we played yous but if we are LL next season we do have a decent social club within the ground where you'll be made most welcome. From a selfish point of view it's now potentially my most local game. Few decent beers to be had in Berwick so fingers crossed we stay LL 8)

Met quite a few times in pre-season Newky last time at Shielfield April 15th 2014. Kiddo and Wayne Sproule scored in the 2nd half and we won 2-1 in the City Cup Final. 

I’ll stick by my original statement  thanks.
Fair doos.

If you want to ignore the evidence provided by both myself and Hibbee above and dismiss that parachute payments exist based purely on the voices in your head, providing no evidence to the contrary, who are we to stand in your way. [emoji846]

Crack right on.

17 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Fair doos.

If you want to ignore the evidence provided by both myself and Hibbee above and dismiss that parachute payments exist based purely on the voices in your head, providing no evidence to the contrary, who are we to stand in your way. emoji846.png

Crack right on.

You haven’t shown me anything where it says it does exist?

P.S You seem to be getting a bit tetchy about this, let’s try and keep it civil if you don’t mind. Thank you.

Edited by The Informer

All I can see is the prize money list??

Did you read the text above that which references parachute payments multiple times, or the separate link to the SPFL articles which Hibbee then added, showing parachute payments in year one of £40k, year two of £20k, and the link he provided to the Berwick chairman talking about parachute payments? 

Not really sure what other evidence anyone would need TBH.

Informer indeed. [emoji39]

157. Pyramid Play-Off Parachute Payments

157.1. Subject to Articles 157.2 and 157.3, fee payments, Pyramid Play-Off

Parachute Payments, shall be made by the Company for each of the two

Seasons following relegation of any Club relegated from the League from

time to time of £40,000 in the first Season following relegation and

£20,000 in the second Season following relegation. The Parachute

Payments payable for each such Season shall be paid to the appropriate

Club(s) at the commencement of the relevant Season(s) following

relegation.

157.2. In the event that a Club is promoted to the League, after having been

relegated for only one Season, it shall not receive any Pyramid Play-Off

Parachute Payment in respect of the second Season after its relegation.

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Met quite a few times in pre-season Newky last time at Shielfield April 15th 2014. Kiddo and Wayne Sproule scored in the 2nd half and we won 2-1 in the City Cup Final. 

Some great players in that team :thumsup2

Think that's the last trophy won by Whitehill apart from big Caesar's heroics in the Challenge Cup in 2016.

P1000238.JPG.27fa86e1c294d23dcf344417de0a4407.JPG

Edited by The Mantis

19 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Think that's the last trophy won by Whitehill apart from big Caesar's heroics in the Challenge Cup in 2016.

I’m sure Mickey was away on his Easter hols ? That was taken just before the helicopter ‘incident’ ... 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

50 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

The cup Berwick fans  hated and had no respect for, a cup they've now got to qualify for :o

Gonna need a new sat nav to find these new grounds .If we don't make drastic changes to the whole club we'll not be in LL long .The current team would certainly toil in this league. EoS  beckons. As for competing with Edinburgh based sides forget it ..we need to look to Northumberland to recruit. Base our training in Berwick not Edinburgh. Get the local football teams to connect with BRFC which has for far too long been missing. I'm not expecting 11 Berwick lads in the starting line-up but it's not beyond reality that a team of borders and Northumberland lads could turn out for us .

You'll love the pubs in Berwick lads n lasses of the LL

1 hour ago, Radge Cantal said:

Gonna need a new sat nav to find these new grounds .If we don't make drastic changes to the whole club we'll not be in LL long .The current team would certainly toil in this league. EoS  beckons. As for competing with Edinburgh based sides forget it ..we need to look to Northumberland to recruit. Base our training in Berwick not Edinburgh. Get the local football teams to connect with BRFC which has for far too long been missing. I'm not expecting 11 Berwick lads in the starting line-up but it's not beyond reality that a team of borders and Northumberland lads could turn out for us .

You'll love the pubs in Berwick lads n lasses of the LL

There’s some good Northumbrian Amateur teams around there, the pre-season tourney at the fort with Scottish and English sides was always great craic too. I don’t know how many you could convince to play LL though