Hello from Sunny Berwick Upon Tweed

BerwickRanger

Hi everyone,
Great to be here....looking forward to our stay,  much much better than Scottish league div 2 !!!

Welcome to the league. Im sure yous will be a great addition. Pretty sure this is not where yous would have wished to have been. But once the disappointment wears off you will see you are joining a very good division. Next year looks like it will be as strong as it has ever been. Great league, good people. Welcome aboard.

The strategy must be to make the most of the £40K parachute payment and money from Irn Bru Challenge Cup and Betfred Lfe Cup access... and challenge for the LL title next season. From what I saw today, the current squad would be nowhere near good enough to challenge for the LL title. I expect they’ll all leave anyway, apart from the 8 under contract. It will be tough, competing for players with Edinburgh City, Spartans, CSS, Kelty and the big EoS Premier teams. Berwick have always had an Edinburgh-area squad but without the lure of playing in the SPFL attracting players will be tough. The first step, though, is appointing a manager. Will it be Brownlie-Little for next season?

I'm more than happy to welcome yous to the LL but fcuk knows what league my team will play in next season. :o Its been a while since we played yous but if we are LL next season we do have a decent social club within the ground where you'll be made most welcome. From a selfish point of view it's now potentially my most local game. Few decent beers to be had in Berwick so fingers crossed we stay LL 8)

43 minutes ago, Crossbar said:

The strategy must be to make the most of the £40K parachute payment and money from Irn Bru Challenge Cup and Betfred Lfe Cup access... and challenge for the LL title next season. From what I saw today, the current squad would be nowhere near good enough to challenge for the LL title. I expect they’ll all leave anyway, apart from the 8 under contract. It will be tough, competing for players with Edinburgh City, Spartans, CSS, Kelty and the big EoS Premier teams. Berwick have always had an Edinburgh-area squad but without the lure of playing in the SPFL attracting players will be tough. The first step, though, is appointing a manager. Will it be Brownlie-Little for next season?

There is no parachute payment.

1 hour ago, The Informer said:

There is no parachute payment.

From memory Shire got it for 2 seasons but it was paid at the end of each season. Not heard anything has changed.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It has been claimed that you were one-off recipients on that and that it no longer applies but a lot of things get claimed on the internet with no url to back it up.

Happy to be corrected. Not looked into it since we went down for obvious reasons.

I would disagree
https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-prize-pot-reaches-25m

Hibbee put the actual figures up the other day, I don't have them to hand, including how they were assigned in the SPFL accounts (perhaps he can post again), but there's a linked reference to parachute payments from the SPFL April announcement plus confirmation that they are in addition to the £45k payment Berwick will go down with next season.

Relegation for club 42 is, of course, stacked in their favour of a quick return, but as the Shire found out, it's a tough route back.

Parachute payments are paid in season 1, then a reduced payment in season 2, then nothing.

So you can disagree if you like, but you'd be wrong. [emoji6]

5 hours ago, gogsy said:

This mob better not start with the billy big baws attitude.:)

I take it you weren’t at the game today??

4 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I'm more than happy to welcome yous to the LL but fcuk knows what league my team will play in next season. :o Its been a while since we played yous but if we are LL next season we do have a decent social club within the ground where you'll be made most welcome. From a selfish point of view it's now potentially my most local game. Few decent beers to be had in Berwick so fingers crossed we stay LL 8)

Here’s hoping newky, fingers crossed for you at Rosewell

It's certainly referenced in SPFL Articles of Association as £40k in Year 1; £20k in Year 2; only not paid if SFA don't pay monies to SPFL.

(p38 - 157): https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/067_324__articlesofassociationofthescottishprofessionalfootballleaguelimitedasat20july2016_1470742749.pdf

Berwick chairman discusses parachutes in TV interview today. Apparently they were also mentioned at a recent "talk-in". Given the circumstances it would be extraordinarily disappointing if the club is mistaken on such matters:

Edited by HibeeJibee