~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

7 hours ago, thisal said:

Can I offer a belated congratulations on staying up. I always enjoy the seethe Accie's survival causes. Pity it wasn't led by Canning as that also caused a kind of seethe amongst some Accies.

..and aided by Dougie Imrie who seems to cause big seethe amongst fans of all clubs.

imrie.jpg

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

It's not confirmed that Andreu won't be re-signing though, just that his loan spell has come to an end.

In fact, McMillan, Taiwo and Tshiembe are the only players who they've actually said have left the club (I know I'm pedantic but the wording is poor), and Gordon, Miller and Penny are all likely to leave and haven't been included in the list. 

Interesting that they included Andreu though, to me this suggests that he won't be re-signing, as the rest are all definitely away. If there was talks going on with him with the possibility of staying, they surely would hold off on saying anything, like for example Woods not being mentioned despite rumours suggesting he's away.

Hope I'm wrong as he's definitely always a big asset and capable of moments of magic.

Few Falkirk fans saying we've offered Tidser a deal, don't know how to feel about that. There was certainly a time when I'd have happily had him, but now it feels like it could be similar to the Taiwo situation.

I totally agree.

We shouldn’t be offering contracts to players who have been relegated into league 1.

19 hours ago, accies1874 said:

It's not confirmed that Andreu won't be re-signing though, just that his loan spell has come to an end.

In fact, McMillan, Taiwo and Tshiembe are the only players who they've actually said have left the club (I know I'm pedantic but the wording is poor), and Gordon, Miller and Penny are all likely to leave and haven't been included in the list. 

You are not being pedantic. The wording is very poor and ambiguous.

Just checked the players leaving list.

Why is McMann not one of them?

Lenny Sowah - Personally would have kept him. 

Matthew Kilgallon - Massive boots to be filled for next season, played a massive part in keeping us up. 

Jacob Marsden - Meh.

Tom Taiwo - Good signing on p[aper at the time. Now apparent the Premiership is not his level. 

Delphin Tshiembe - Lol.

Hamish Morrison - Who?

David McMillan - Not going to lose sleep over this one. 

Tony Andreu - Hopefully the discussions with regards to next season have begun, would be great to sign him back up.

13 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Since the SPFL was formed in 2013 the fewest goals scored in a Premiership season is:-

28; Hamilton Academical, 2018–19

What a team we are. 

We managed to finish 4th after scoring 34 goals and 8th with 23 goals in our decade in the top flight. Pretty grim watching but decent shitehousing efforts.

5 hours ago, Kyle said:

We managed to finish 8th with 23 goals...

Pretty grim watching but decent shitehousing efforts.

Jeezo, what eye-gouging season was this? I'd forgotten all about it.

The worst I can place off the top of my head is in the first of our unholy trinity of seasons I don't understand how we survived (2010, 2015, 2016) where we scored 29 and finished 11th - drawing a blank in exactly half our matches.

1 hour ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Was thinking on Saturday with St Johnstone fans bringing a drum, anyone know what's happened to ours? The atmosphere in the home end has been garbage this season. At least it helped to generate a bit of noise at least.

Was it returned to its rightful owners from Fir Park ????