Im_Rodger

~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

Can I offer a belated congratulations on staying up. I always enjoy the seethe Accie's survival causes. Pity it wasn't led by Canning as that also caused a kind of seethe amongst some Accies.

Easton, Hendrie and McMann are pretty poor choices at left-back. If Easton can get back to full fitness then he should skoosh being first choice, but, to be honest, he looked absolutely done on Saturday.

Hopefully a pre-season can help him, however I wouldn't be confident of those three being our options. 

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Easton, Hendrie and McMann are pretty poor choices at left-back. If Easton can get back to full fitness then he should skoosh being first choice, but, to be honest, he looked absolutely done on Saturday.

Hopefully a pre-season can help him, however I wouldn't be confident of those three being our options. 

Sowah? Inconsistent, but who isn't? Did well in the centre on Saturday but his best position is surely left back. Is Hendrie definite or just speculation? He seemed to be out of favour at Southend latterly. We surely won't sign both him and Easton. I quite like McMann too but I rarely travel away. He seems to play well enough when I see him.

Sowah, Killgallon and Tshiembe all released according to the Daily Ranger. 
Marsden, Morrison,Taiwo, McMillan and Andreu also away. No mention of Penny.

It's not confirmed that Andreu won't be re-signing though, just that his loan spell has come to an end.

In fact, McMillan, Taiwo and Tshiembe are the only players who they've actually said have left the club (I know I'm pedantic but the wording is poor), and Gordon, Miller and Penny are all likely to leave and haven't been included in the list. 

Sad to see Easton go if it's true, but he'll still be on a decent senior first team wage at Saints which can be freed up, and tbh he looks done.

7 hours ago, thisal said:

Can I offer a belated congratulations on staying up. I always enjoy the seethe Accie's survival causes. Pity it wasn't led by Canning as that also caused a kind of seethe amongst some Accies.

..and aided by Dougie Imrie who seems to cause big seethe amongst fans of all clubs.

imrie.jpg

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

It's not confirmed that Andreu won't be re-signing though, just that his loan spell has come to an end.

In fact, McMillan, Taiwo and Tshiembe are the only players who they've actually said have left the club (I know I'm pedantic but the wording is poor), and Gordon, Miller and Penny are all likely to leave and haven't been included in the list. 

Interesting that they included Andreu though, to me this suggests that he won't be re-signing, as the rest are all definitely away. If there was talks going on with him with the possibility of staying, they surely would hold off on saying anything, like for example Woods not being mentioned despite rumours suggesting he's away.

Hope I'm wrong as he's definitely always a big asset and capable of moments of magic.

As I said before (can't remember in what thread TBH), I never in a million years thought I be saying this but I'd happily have Sowah back.

I'd also be ecstatic if Tony returned.

What's happened to Ross Cunningham BTW? Was he not out on loan as well?

Edit: I now see he was on loan at Forfar but returned in January.

Hopefully some more of the young lads step up next season.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Few Falkirk fans saying we've offered Tidser a deal, don't know how to feel about that. There was certainly a time when I'd have happily had him, but now it feels like it could be similar to the Taiwo situation.

Few Falkirk fans saying we've offered Tidser a deal, don't know how to feel about that. There was certainly a time when I'd have happily had him, but now it feels like it could be similar to the Taiwo situation.

I totally agree.

We shouldn’t be offering contracts to players who have been relegated into league 1.

3 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

I totally agree.

We shouldn’t be offering contracts to players who have been relegated into league 1.

Tidser plays for Morton, m9.

Tidser plays for Morton, m9.

Oops apologies, please disregard what I said.

Will have a look at him in the morning.

19 hours ago, accies1874 said:

You are not being pedantic. The wording is very poor and ambiguous.

Expect Easton to get announced in the next week or so. If he can get fit that’s a decent signing. Fits in with the club ethos. An experienced guy who knows the club and others can learn from.