~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

3 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Scott McMann signs a new deal !!!!!

Underwhelmed doesn't cover it. Poor player rewarded for poor performances.

Normally I would agree with this, and it isn't wrong to a degree either although I have to bite my tongue as I think he has earned it. 

Our defence for once isn't a circus. 

Although some might put that down to the players around him E.g. Stubbs. 

2022 is a bit long though. 

8 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Scott McMann signs a new deal !!!!!

Underwhelmed doesn't cover it. Poor player rewarded for poor performances.

Scott McMann is an easy target for too many of our fans who see him as a scapegoat while others get off "scott free".

23 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Scott McMann is an easy target for too many of our fans who see him as a scapegoat while others get off "scott free".

He is an easy target as he is a very poor defender. 

I'd thought youd like to know Martin Canning is favourite for the Ayr job, and theyve started to convince themselves he'd be a decent appointment. 

I've always wanted to see how he'd do at a club where the remit is beyond getting eight or nine wins a season. I'm not sure if he was suited to a relegation battle or his style of management adapted to that, but he always seemed to have a togetherness with mad b*****ds and eye-bleeding football.

So yeah, I have no idea how he'd do.

I've seen comments like "might not be the worst".

So we’re not convincing ourselves he’d be a decent appointment? And looking at the list of guys mentioned he’s not the worst which probably says more about the quality of managers linked to the post than it does about Canning.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

So we’re not convincing ourselves he’d be a decent appointment? 

I've seen Canning mentioned a lot on these forums.

"Not the worst" is the highest praise I've ever read.

If he gets the job then I hope the Ayr fans don't give him any criticism, his daddy gets awful worked up when he hears his son getting abuse.
Yup, his dad may offer a go of a four equal sides variety should you dare to criticise his son.

20 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I've always wanted to see how he'd do at a club where the remit is beyond getting eight or nine wins a season. I'm not sure if he was suited to a relegation battle or his style of management adapted to that, but he always seemed to have a togetherness with mad b*****ds and eye-bleeding football.

So yeah, I have no idea how he'd do.

I do, say goodbye to any hopes of Premiership football Ayr. 

According to The Scottish Sun, Mikey Devlin's Scotland debut has landed a £25K bonus for Accies. I don't think it's ever been revealed what the initial fee was, but I'd guess that bonus is around half of what Aberdeen paid.

According to The Scottish Sun, Mikey Devlin's Scotland debut has landed a £25K bonus for Accies. I don't think it's ever been revealed what the initial fee was, but I'd guess that bonus is around half of what Aberdeen paid.

There was rumours the fee was around £80K. Although that could be the total with the aforementioned bonuses etc.