~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

40 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:
41 minutes ago, red23 said:
Another year of hamilton in the top flight, depressing thought that.

Lovely, been a while since a bit of seethe has surfaced. Happy to help.

Large number of posters who need to take time out to check what the word seethe actually means tbh.

On 27/04/2020 at 13:51, FuzzyBear said:

Only Temps getting one. Chairman saying that the others who will soon be out of contract - McGowan, Hunt, Alston, Gogic, Miller, Oakley and Davies will be away at end of May.

How does that work, btw, if the SPFL decide the season should be played out from mid-June to July?

Gogic to Hibs on a three year deal I hear. [emoji26]
Didn't expect him to make that big a jump (if it happens), but Hibs were making noises about desperately needing a holding midfielder in the first half of the season - I don't know if that's still an issue. Playing in a side that requires him to pass the ball a bit would be interesting to watch.

How does that work, btw, if the SPFL decide the season should be played out from mid-June to July?

Wouldn’t change anything their contracts are still up on the 31st of May. We’d need to sign new players/sign them to 2 month extensions/play youth players in any remaining games.

Another reason it won’t happen and another reason it wouldn’t be fair as Hearts would be able to go out and outspent us again.

Contracts on the table for Gogic, McGowan, Miller and Oakley:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/hamilton-accies-transfer-waiting-game-21945119

Oakley's the only one I have confidence will agree to a new deal (and the only one of the four I'm not bothered about), but you never know what they'll do given the current uncertainty.

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Contracts on the table for Gogic, McGowan, Miller and Oakley:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/hamilton-accies-transfer-waiting-game-21945119

Oakley's the only one I have confidence will agree to a new deal (and the only one of the four I'm not bothered about), but you never know what they'll do given the current uncertainty.

Withdraw the offer for Oakley and use the cash to give better terms for the other 3. 

Oakley will be 4th choice behind Oggy, Moyo and Winter anyway.

McGowan on FB last night suggesting he may be signing a new contract.
The thread & post for which has now disappeared / been deleted.

Maybe Aaron had a few too many & said something he wasn't meant to or implied something that isn't the case.

No season tickets for next season then... so if an average home punter is able to attend a full 19 home games next season it will now cost them around £418 (not taking into account Motherwell and the Old Firm costing £25) as opposed to this seasons price of £320 for a season ticket.

Think this will backfire on the club to be honest people rarely use PATG as it is due to the amount of comps flying about. I won’t be attending any games against the OF next season now since they’ll be on TV which I’m fine with but if we have Motherwell at home twice (pre split) I won’t be going to both.

I’d hope the club now scrap the increased price for those games mentioned.

If anything, I think they might increase prices for whatever games fans are allowed into next season in order to make up for half of the season (at least) probably being behind closed doors. That's unless we just don't play any football until fans can attend in which case they'll probably reverse the ST decision.

It's pretty risky as I'm sure a number of fans would've been willing to buy a ST to try and help out (which would've given the club more money than what would be generated from, say, nine games at £22).

I hope they know what they're doing.

I’ve got no idea how many season tickets Hamilton sell annually, I will guess around 1000? I think the common consensus is that you will always get the majority of your season ticket holders renewing and actually going to games.

Its an easy habit to fall out of, my concern for the Accies would be that the season after next they struggle to get a lot of these season ticket sales back.

As mentioned above a lot of season ticket holders would probably have bought a ticket regardless of the outlook and for Accies to be risking this kind of extra income is strange to say the least.