~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

On 13/02/2020 at 14:39, accies1874 said:

I promise you that probably at least half of Section A from the Neil era are now armchair Celtic or Rangers fans.

The free ticket thing is something that really, really annoys me. Every so often (as in once or twice a season) in attempt to get fans along = fine. You should expect to pay otherwise. I understand that the football's been shite for years but the unwillingness of fans to give money to the club is pretty shocking. I don't know how so many comps end up in circulation, but nothing annoys me more than people complaining about a lack of ambition etc when they don't expect to even pay into home games.

I can't comment on folk being invited for a chat with McGowan as I don't really know the details.

The fan experience is utter shite - you won't find me defending it - and it would be better if Accies just focused on keeping our existing disintegrating support rather than any efforts to get new fans.

I'm still REALLY fucked off that I was 2 weeks in renewing my season ticket and they gave my TWO PAID Seats to the BLAMELESS CHARITY for FREE. Refused to give me my seats back and replace those free tickets elsewhere. The lack of support to actual fans has led to me attending maybe 12 games all season on a Patg basis. 

Couple of positives after another disappointing result:

Want's done well the last few games he's played. It's mostly been a case of defending cross balls which was never his main weakness, but he's actually managing to prevent chances which I would have never imagined a year or so ago. I reserve the right to retract this once I've watched today's highlights though...

Ogkmpoe might be doing a Gogic and extending a couple of decent performances into a really solid run. He's a nightmare to play against on his day (and with the right partner) and is actually scoring a few goals now. I don't think foll realise how quick he is either. He still needs to be told what to do off the ball a lot though, which isn't great for a striker.

22 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Do we have to? He's pretty rotten.

Livingston have signed EFE AMBROSE on a free for 18 months. Genuine question, ultra experienced defender who has played at the top level, why didn't Accies try and secure the services of someone like this, instead of loaning in GUFF?  

Livingston have signed EFE AMBROSE on a free for 18 months. Genuine question, ultra experienced defender who has played at the top level, why didn't Accies try and secure the services of someone like this, instead of loaning in GUFF?  

Livingston have a board that probably cares more about football/results on the pitch than junkies that’ll be why.

Also Livi probably won’t be offering to pay new signings peanuts.

Anyway discounting Ibrox we have 4 games left before the split. We will be lucky to take even a point Imo.

Kilmarnock (H)

Ross County (A)

Hibernian (H)

St Johnstone (A)

I’d say we need to win at least 2 of these to have any hope of survival. We obviously won’t win 2 games in succession. County away is the only one I’d say is winnable solely because of the unpredictably of County.

The fat lady will soon be taking to the stage.

We can only afford to lose one of those four and only drop points in two.

I said before the Motherwell game that eight points from the six before the split would see in us in a decent place, and that's still manageable despite a really disappointing result on Saturday.

If we get to the split with anything below 26 points then we're pretty fucked, barring a post-split run that we haven't put together in 10 years.

On 24/02/2020 at 12:46, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Anyway discounting Ibrox we have 4 games left before the split. We will be lucky to take even a point Imo.

Kilmarnock (H)

Ross County (A)

Hibernian (H)

St Johnstone (A)

I’d say we need to win at least 2 of these to have any hope of survival. We obviously won’t win 2 games in succession. County away is the only one I’d say is winnable solely because of the unpredictably of County.

I would not bet your house on that, we have beaten Ross Country away TWICE in 11 years. 

Quick question team....

I know a few people that are pals with Jamie Hamilton so have kept a bit of an eye on him in the last few months.

Whats everyone's thoughts? A future Scotland international or a soon to be journeyman?

FWIW i hope you stay clear of relegation. The seethe you guys cause the media and bigger clubs is hilarious.

Edited by Jacky1990

Quick question team....

I know a few people that are pals with Jamie Hamilton so have kept a bit of an eye on him in the last few months.

Whats everyone's thoughts? A future Scotland international or a soon to be journeyman?

FWIW i hope you stay clear of relegation. The seethe you guys cause the media and bigger clubs is hilarious.

Not ready for the premiership but yet we are starting him. Not sure why bigger clubs are looking at him. Has cost us too many games already this season.

I can see why teams are looking at him, to be fair, as he's confident on the ball and quick. There are a lot of things to iron out in his game though, such as his actual defending, and if he does get a move to a big team then he won't be playing there for a good few years.

Check out the Daily Record and spot the racist mistake!
I was following the game during the week on Twitter and Superscoreboard said Ogkmpoe was the goalscorer. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as a genuine bad eyesight related mistake as both Moyo and Oggy were in the box when the ball hit the net.

The Record, however has no excuses for this. After the BBC's Kobe/LeBron balls-up the other week, you would expect picture editors to be more vigilant.

Kilmarnock (H)
Ross County (A)
Hibernian (H)
St Johnstone (A)

That aged well !

One defeat in our last six league games. The nature of all the draws in that period were a bit disheartening, but we're actually on a bloody run.

We've obviously seen collapses around this time of the season before, but IF we can get one more win before the split then we'll be in a good place. I think Hearts and St Mirren are better than Dundee last season (St Mirren ended last season really well but started abysmally) and County and Thistle the season before, so we'll probably see a higher points tally required for 10th and 11th.