~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Dumbarton fans said that Beuzelin was alleged to be the brains behind their unreal form under Murray so maybe he is a lot better at the team stuff.

I'm sure they were telling us it was Jack Ross when we appointed him...

On 04/02/2020 at 11:46, G51 Red said:

Re. the goalie and Celtics free kick ... yes , his positioning is poor , but if the wall had jumped ( even one or two of them ) then the ball would not have hit the back of the net , IMO....

Regarding Goalkeeping positioning, see SECOND conceded free kick in under 7 days with exact same goalkeeping position, giving himself ZERO chance. you HAVE to more central at such close quarters. 

33 minutes ago, JudgeFlash said:

Regarding Goalkeeping positioning, see SECOND conceded free kick in under 7 days with exact same goalkeeping position, giving himself ZERO chance. you HAVE to more central at such close quarters. 

Not defending him and I agree his set up at free kicks is poor . but at the Celtic game , he wasn’t helped by the wall staying grounded ...

Surely the goalkeeping coach had a word with him after his first mistake ??

20 hours ago, JudgeFlash said:

To be fair, I think the St Mirren free kick would have beaten most keepers.

Davies is a good footballer and the only finisher at the club, but turning down money for him is turning out to be a bad decision. He's been poor since the last time we played Rangers, and he picks up a fair number of injuries.

Davies is a good footballer and the only finisher at the club, but turning down money for him is turning out to be a bad decision. He's been poor since the last time we played Rangers, and he picks up a fair number of injuries.
Its ridiculous that a professional athlete is that weight.

9 hours ago, Owsley said:

To be fair, I think the St Mirren free kick would have beaten most keepers.

Not much Southwood could do IMO. TV footage shows he was in the centre of the goal. It was an unexpectedly superb strike.

6 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:
7 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Its ridiculous that a professional athlete is that weight.

I mean, Akinfenwa managed quite the career despite being super-heavyweight, however it boggles my mind that APPARENTLY we had money offers for Davies and turned them down? I mean, he's very often injured and struggles to do a full 45 minutes, despite being with us over a year. 

With the starting lineup, we obviously didn't take the cup too seriously *which is something I dont mind, HOWEVER PRICES SHOULD REFLECT*

Why he persists with Hamilton over Want i've NO IDEA. I thought Want was very competent against St Mirren, whereas Hamilton has zero physicality unless it involves a foul. 

Hamilton is a prospect, no doubt about it but is still a bit naïve and not yet ready for a starting slot at this level. A few bench appearances and bed him in slowly is the way to go. Want has shown glimpses of what he is really capable of lately this season and is a much safer option. He should be getting his fair share of regular 1st team football now to aid his development.

21 hours ago, accies1874 said:

IMO he doesn't look arsed anymore, even watching him warming up on Wednesday he didn't look bothered. To a point I can't blame him when he hardly gets a chance. He's never a starter though, second half sub if anything.

Woods' loan cancelled, Alston's contract terminated, Rice mutual consented and an announcement that we don't need to play any more games this season.

If I don't wake up to any of this news then Rodger will be sacrificed at the stake.

If you want to stay up surely you’ll need to punt Rice?
We might towards the end of the season, but it won't really make a difference. Plus the club need to stand by him after his addiction stuff*, which is annoying from a football perspective and there are probably ways to do it without him incompetently leading the team.

*Any Accies fan who jokes about this or uses it as a stick to beat him with is a fucking idiot with absolutely minging patter.

It's a real pity we don't have a strong, well organised fans group with good leadership who could engage with the club on all things football. I think someone a few seasons back tried to get something up and running but it obviously came to nothing. All the so called fan engagement has come to nothing and the divide between club and fans is as wide, if not wider than ever.The SLO is a decent guy who tries his best, but it's obvious the club don't pay much attention to him after the ticket debacle against Rangers.

The yearly forums are good for answering questions but not for making any changes. Our 'fan experience' is obviously shite - shite stadium, no atmosphere, low crowds, a bit too expensive - but we wouldn't really be complaining about that or engagement if we were doing alright. Not that I disagree with anything you've said.

On 09/02/2020 at 02:52, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Hamilton is a prospect, no doubt about it but is still a bit naïve and not yet ready for a starting slot at this level. A few bench appearances and bed him in slowly is the way to go. Want has shown glimpses of what he is really capable of lately this season and is a much safer option. He should be getting his fair share of regular 1st team football now to aid his development.

A prospect at what exactly? As he certainly lacks the key ingredients of a centre back. I don't solely blame him though, unlike Lewis Smith, he's not ready for the first team.