~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

1 minute ago, Stevieda said:

We must be making some announcement video for this one. Cant believe it, would never have thought we'd get him back. Him and Lewis in the same team will be great. Keep Temps fit and we stay up.

😂

Just now, accies1874 said:

Temps in, Miller out would be bittersweet.

A combo of miller/templeton on either side of a striker is just.....Jizz-lobbingly-amazing. 
I said it last year, Miller NEEDS to be given a two year deal and regular play, in a regular position. 

Brilliant to have Temps back! Saw the 'daft' speculation earlier today, seemed highly unlikely only a few hours ago.... Then all the wee hints... The statement from Burton Albion... Then the media reports. Just need the official welcome home video now! 

Absolutely delighted! 😍

A combo of miller/templeton on either side of a striker is just.....Jizz-lobbingly-amazing. 
I said it last year, Miller NEEDS to be given a two year deal and regular play, in a regular position. 
Later I'm gonna write a really boring post about how Templeton will fit in, but I don't think he'll be suited on the wing. Having him and Miller in the same team would be the most frustrating masterpiece ever witnessed though.

Later I'm gonna write a really boring post about how Templeton will fit in, but I don't think he'll be suited on the wing. Having him and Miller in the same team would be the most frustrating masterpiece ever witnessed though.

I can actually see him behind the striker again [emoji848]

I can actually see him behind the striker again [emoji848]

This is probably the most likely scenario. The only thing is that Rice has liked Alston or Martin there this season, who are quite similar in that they'll press quite hard and drive the team forward with counters from deep (there are probably a couple of Kenneth Williams-worthy snippets there). Templeton isn't likely to do either. He's unreal in tight spaces (another), good with his back to goal and pretty clever too, so he might be best playing the second-striker role that he did so well last time. I know it's quite similar to being in behind the striker, but it probably reduces the emphasis on driving counters. He could maybe actually work with Ogkmpoe (Davies would be ideal, but neither will work hard enough).

There will be real structural problems with that or as a 10 though, as we've seen that the midfield really struggle in a two, either because of a lack of support ahead (e.g. Rangers) or getting dragged out wide (e.g. County and St Mirren). A lot of this also stems from Miller and Smith not being wingers you want to plug gaps in the middle. A diamond could be interesting, but it will be difficult to fit Templeton and Miller into that.

I don't think Templeton is capable of playing on the wing for a team like us, although I'd be lying if I said I'd seen any of his time at Burton. Maybe if we dominated the ball and he'd be mostly taking up positions in the opposition third, but he'd no doubt be getting dragged out to left-back a lot for us and unable to get forward quick enough.

He's obviously a really talented player (perhaps the best I've seen at Accies), but I don't know what we have planned for him, and I'm worried Accies don't know either. I'm really intrigued though.

ETA: His set-pieces are also really good. McMann's have been decent recently, but it just adds another dimension plus we finally have someone who can shoot from free-kicks.