~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

Found this article on Southwood/Reading's goalkeeper situation:

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bowen-rules-out

It's a bit of a c**t: if Mannone goes (which he and Reading both seemingly want) then Southwood doesn't come back to us, but if Mannone stays then it will probably be after him drawing it out until he has no other option, meaning a Southwood deal would have to be done really late in the window. 

Hopefully we've come up with a contingency plan that isn't Fon Williams/Fulton/Gourlay, as I'm not really confident of this working out. 

On 13/01/2020 at 16:16, Im_Rodger said:

There is probably a lot more that can be added to this list those were just his moments I can think of off the top of my head. 

Will miss him. 

I was surprised he signed for us, tbh, but we've been crying out for a horrible wee shithousing nyaff of a player for years. I can't wait to see him in a Thistle shirt.

This is a very dark transfer window. I am used to the waiting process of getting  whatever dregs are left, however, the potential non-re-signing of key players due to leave in the summer for hee-haw, combined with losing two REALLY important players, plus signing an absolute duffer. Doom N Gloom for me the now. 

Dales played well in the first half, although shite opposition etc. He actually looks like slightly different option to Miller and Smith, in that he's quicker and more direct than them but technically worse.

Yesterday proved that not having backups to McGowan and McMann is pretty negligent, however I am glad that we got at least 45 minutes seeing what Gogic and Hunt can do there.

22 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Playing against league 2 shite Rodger would have looked good against that mob.

100% agree. Edinburgh City would struggle against our reserve squad.  Jury is out on dales still.

I am so pleased that Winter got his debut and a goal to go with it, the guys been banging in goals for fun, so it's great to see the leap to senior level. 
Let's try and keep this one on longer than a one year contract ehhh accies! 

https://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/club-statement-sfa-notice/

Respect to Rice for being able to admit he again is having issues and trying to help himself. Hopefully he'll get the help he needs.

Unfortunately looks like this will end his stint as manager. If you wanna pay money for McPake, I won't say no.

14 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Good that he's admitted his addiction to gambling. Hopefully the club stands by him as stated.

Good luck to him going forward and keeping this addiction at bay.

This 100%

He has crossed the biggest hurdle by admitting to having an issue

I wish him nothing but good luck in over coming this.

Edited by Sheep62