~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

He's played 13 games for you and had 1 good one. Bit soon to be thinking he'll be some sort of saviour.
If he's not getting much service he's not gonna score many. We have been creating very little chances in games apart from the Motherwell game 2nd half.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Fair enough.

I'm highly dubious of such a claim preposterous claim but so be it.

Why would I , M74 ? 
I support Accies ... don’t really care about other teams or players if they have left Accies 

Maybe it is just me , but surely I’m can’t  be alone in this ?? 

Just now, G51 Red said:

Maybe it is just me , but surely I’m can’t  be alone in this ?? 

I'd hazard a guess that you are alone in the claim that you've never discussed any single football transfer outside of Hamilton Academical in your life. 

On 11/01/2020 at 18:27, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Fat Andy from the Advertiser saying the club are now doubtful about Southwood coming back

And a winger was top priority for some reason.

That can't be, you said he's "Definitely coming back" 😂

Dales signing has completely changed my mind on Rice. He said he was impressed with him at Dundee, where he was  described as having some of the worst passing witnessed.  Couple this with the fact hes 25 and not played even 40 professional games yet AND in his interview with the Accies ginger reporter, he admits that he's been injured TWICE in a year. 

I am of course open to the possibility that this guy is the second coming, or even a decent back up winger, however, all the signs point to this being a really bad signing.  

27 minutes ago, JudgeFlash said:

That can't be, you said he's "Definitely coming back" 😂

Dales signing has completely changed my mind on Rice. He said he was impressed with him at Dundee, where he was  described as having some of the worst passing witnessed.  Couple this with the fact hes 25 and not played even 40 professional games yet AND in his interview with the Accies ginger reporter, he admits that he's been injured TWICE in a year. 

I am of course open to the possibility that this guy is the second coming, or even a decent back up winger, however, all the signs point to this being a really bad signing.  

Anything's possible.

Yeah Dales will be Sam Kelly levels of shit IMO. A signing we all knew would be terrible and was just that.

15 accies players *at least* are out of contract in the summer, included in this is Mikel *Who will almost certainly leave for nothing*, Mcgowan, Gogic, Stanger, Davies, Martin.   I've listed these as I think these guys 100% need to be sought to be resigned. 
The likes of Mackinnon, Mimmnaugh *Who apparently has had a poor attitude rewarded by being in the reserves*  Ogkmpoe, Moyo,  Fjortoft, Easton *Forever injured*,  Oakley, Hughes etc are also out of contract, however I don't think they're now of a quality to play weekly football at this level. 

Thoughts!? 

10 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Well there’s Easton signed a new deal. Only think McGowan, Davies and Miller would consider it if we are guaranteed to be in the premiership next season. So no point thinking about it just now unfortunately.

Martin, Miller, Mcgowan, Gogic. That's a helluva spine to lose. I am 100% sure Miller will be gone, he was meant to be heading back to England in the Summer, so this one he will definitely be gone sadly. 

Stanger of course is a future prospect, Davies whilst never fully fit seemingly can still contribute. 

Easton, meh. He's certainly good for a rotational CB, I don't think however he can do a full season uninjured. 

6 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Captain Darian Mackinnon is gone.

Scored a crucial goal in the Play Off Semi Final VS Falkirk ✅

Was in the team that resulted in the best moment I have ever had supporting this club. (2014 Play Off Final VS Hibernian 2nd Leg) ✅

2016/2017 Player of the season. ✅

Had the Dundee staff, players and fans on strings. ✅

Stuck the middle finger up to the Well Bois. ✅

Captain after initially rejecting the position. ✅

...Legend?

Absolutely. 

Edited by Im_Rodger

2 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Scored a crucial goal in the Play Off Semi Final VS Falkirk ✅

Was in the team that resulted in the best moment I have ever had supporting this club. (2014 Play Off Final VS Hibernian 2nd Leg) ✅

2016/2017 Player of the season. ✅

Had the Dundee staff, players and fans on strings. ✅

Stuck the middle finger up to the Well Bois. ✅

Captain after initially rejecting the position. ✅

...Legend?

Absolutely. 

There is probably a lot more that can be added to this list those were just his moments I can think of off the top of my head. 

Will miss him. 

Not many players play for us as long as he has, so for that and all the things Rodger's listed, Sunday League Daz is absolutely a modern Accies hero. It's a shame he didn't have a nice send-off like Imrie.

I'm not surprised (but still happy) to see Easton extend. I could see Gogic and Martin doing so too, but I'd be shocked if McGowan and Miller did.