~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

Andy Dales is an absolute non-entity of a player. He was one of the 'brighter' loans we made last year, but he contributed absolutely nothing. He's the type that'd take on two men, take a shot and it'd go out for a throw-in - And it was pure luck that he'd dribble past the 2 men in the first place.
Personally I think that's quite harsh from the few games we saw. He was deffo quite raw but I think he added quite a bit I thought and when he come in, we were getting points on the board. He had a poor game against Hearts at Dens but there weren't any games where I thought he was particularly bad apart from that - those 4 games we got points in he was crucial to and had good performances.

He was exiled for that Celtic game and dropped whilst we absolutely fell from lowr mid table form in his half a round of fixtures to zero points until we were relegated. Rumours at the time were he was suspended by the club for whatever reason.

34 minutes ago, Owsley said:

Did he get into the Dundee side when they lost ten in a row?

Missed out on the last three games I think.

Played 12 games for Dundee, 0 goals, 0 assists.

Brian Rice quoted as saying he was impressed by him at Dundee and that's why you're signing him.

Was he not injured a lot of the time at Dens?

Either way he’s only a kid. Scunny signed him from non-league and he’s turned out for their U-23s mainly. Being kept out the team by 2 wingers in top form and a third (Ryan Colclough) miles ahead in the pecking order. He works quite hard and I think his confidence shot to pieces last season.

A good loan spell with Accies would be good for both parties. If he heads south without much to show for his time in Scotland he’ll be back in non league next season.

Just now, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

Is Southwood returning to Accies? You surely can’t go into a relegation battle with Owain Fraud Williams as your #1? Didn’t turn out well for the last team that did...

Most likely but there is no confirmation. 

Going into the second half of the season with OFW between the sticks worries me a lot. 

Dales is absolutely brilliant at using the line, getting by a few men and having no end product. I don't mean poor crossing. I mean he can't judge the simplest of passes. Every single time he releases the ball be it a pass, a cross or a shot it is criminally underhit. 

Woeful player.