~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

On 03/01/2020 at 15:32, Scotty Tunbridge said:

He’ll be back despite what some panic merchants on WAH say.

Genuine question, why are you so certain of this?Source?? 

It's rare to have extended loans, especially if Reading want to either use him/move him on permanently in the January window. 

OFW is such a mystery, I'd seen him play only a few times for ICT and thought he looked rather decent, however he's been pretty sub standard for Accies, I mean not as much of a bomb-scare as Ryan Fulton or Darren Jamieson, but still a bit of a shambles at times. 

Genuine question, why are you so certain of this?Source?? 
It's rare to have extended loans, especially if Reading want to either use him/move him on permanently in the January window. 
OFW is such a mystery, I'd seen him play only a few times for ICT and thought he looked rather decent, however he's been pretty sub standard for Accies, I mean not as much of a bomb-scare as Ryan Fulton or Darren Jamieson, but still a bit of a shambles at times. 

The bottom line literally said we are in talks to bring him back. Why would Accies with one of, if not the smallest budgets in the league want to continue paying the 50-100% of his wages when we aren’t playing any games for nearly a month.

We were obviously happy to let him go back to Reading like originally planned to avoid that and Reading are probably happy for him to be in and around their first team for a month before coming back.

Could Darian McKinnon still do a job in the Championship? We're apparently trying to sign him. 
You might get him on loan as he is going to be a coach with us long term. Slow as a week in the jail now but might be ok in the Championship.

Accies after Berra as seems Sam Stubbs away back to Middlesbrough. Berra makes McKinnon look quick.

Losing Stubbs is a big unexpected blow. IF we get Berra to replace him it’s an ok panic move. He’s looked finished with Hearts but he could be ok with us given we will be sitting deeper than hearts would be most games. Him and Easton would be hideous though.

18 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The bottom line literally said we are in talks to bring him back. Why would Accies with one of, if not the smallest budgets in the league want to continue paying the 50-100% of his wages when we aren’t playing any games for nearly a month.

We were obviously happy to let him go back to Reading like originally planned to avoid that and Reading are probably happy for him to be in and around their first team for a month before coming back.

Well yes, I understand we are hoping to keep him, HOWEVER you said he will definitely be back, wondering if you maybe had a WEE bit of inside info, apparently not.  🤐

Berra looked pretty rotten every time I have seen him in recent times, slow and often out of position, miles off the pace of Stubbs IMO. 
Let's hope from the 6-8 we will probably trial/bring in that we find a couple diamonds in the rough, i'd settle for CZ's though at this rate. 

6 hours ago, Scosha said:

Could Darian McKinnon still do a job in the Championship? We're apparently trying to sign him. 

2016/17 I thought Darian was perhaps our most consistent performer. By 2018/2019 though he had become a liability, it literally looked like his once reliable engine had left him.  He's not kicked a ball since November, so I don't know if he's maybe been carrying an injury or just not good enough for the bench. Morton would maybe benefit more from young Mimmnaugh, he's VERY out of favour just now and would definitely benefit from some more competitive games. 

Confirmed by the club that Stubbs has gone. That's a blow as he was decent but I have felt his form has dipped from the start of the season. That said, he was still our first choice at CB so I would hope the club would try and replace him. I shan't however, hold my breath on that one.

Confirmed by the club that Stubbs has gone. That's a blow as he was decent but I have felt his form has dipped from the start of the season. That said, he was still our first choice at CB so I would hope the club would try and replace him. I shan't however, hold my breath on that one.
With Easton often unavailable and Hamilton potentially (but probably not) leaving, we'll definitely sign one. Whether or not they're any good is the main concern, although the current plan will probably be to play with Easton and Hamilton.

We also still have Fjortoft, McKenna and Want.

To answer recent questions.

100% YES to Berra. 

Mackinnon will stroll the Championship @Scosha.

Finished as a Premiership player but as a Championship player his physical prowess will be a lot for most teams in that division. 

Very good leader on the pitch as well, I don't know much about the Morton team but if you were to get him it wouldn't be a bad idea to hand him the captaincy.

Andy Dales is an absolute non-entity of a player. He was one of the 'brighter' loans we made last year, but he contributed absolutely nothing. He's the type that'd take on two men, take a shot and it'd go out for a throw-in - And it was pure luck that he'd dribble past the 2 men in the first place.