~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

• 2 weeks later...

In our last seven games, we've been ahead against Kilmarnock, Ross County and St Johnstone, and equalised against Celtic and Rangers.

We've taken two points from those five games. 

Anything less than six points from our next three home games would be completely unacceptable. 

Dry yer eyes Scotty. Although the points total is hugely disappointing I defy anyone to say that watching Accies now is as bad as under Canning. I actually look forward to going to games now. Rice is moulding a side that i don't think is too far away from being able to challenge for top six. A good mix of experience and youth which if we can stay up this year could really kick on next season. It's the Accies fans way to complain but I for one am happy with how this team is developing.

Dry yer eyes Scotty. Although the points total is hugely disappointing I defy anyone to say that watching Accies now is as bad as under Canning. I actually look forward to going to games now. Rice is moulding a side that i don't think is too far away from being able to challenge for top six. A good mix of experience and youth which if we can stay up this year could really kick on next season. It's the Accies fans way to complain but I for one am happy with how this team is developing.

We’re you at Livingston? Or at Aberdeen at home? Both of these were on par if not worse than anything served up under Canning.

If you are happy with watching a team continually shit the bed and drop points then you are easily pleased.

We’re you at Livingston? Or at Aberdeen at home? Both of these were on par if not worse than anything served up under Canning.

If you are happy with watching a team continually shit the bed and drop points then you are easily pleased.
Two games? C'mon! We had week after week of Cannings brand of football!

After picking up our sixth red card of the season, three times the amount with the second-most, it would be easy to say that the team are ill-disciplined, however only one of the six was down to that. 

Easton v Kilmarnock: Everyone dragged AOTS by a simple sequence from Killie. Easton tries to take one for the team while covering and mistimes it. 

Hamilton v Motherwell: Cut open by Motherwell's movement and Hamilton denies a goal with his hand. 

Oakley v St Mirren: Never a second yellow. 

Martin v Ross County: Stupidity. 

Stubbs v Kilmarnock: The two centre-backs can't deal with a bouncing ball and Stubbs denies a GSO. 

Gogic v St Mirren: Picked apart on the counter and Gogic denies a GSO. 

Easton's was the only one that was a nasty challenge (and even then I don't think he meant it to be) but that was a result of poor structure. We're not actually a nasty team (fifth in the league for fouls and eighth for yellow cards), it's just that poor shape and decision making means that players are having to commit fouls to atone for these mistakes. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

After picking up our sixth red card of the season, three times the amount with the second-most, it would be easy to say that the team are ill-disciplined, however only one of the six was down to that. 

Easton v Kilmarnock: Everyone dragged AOTS by a simple sequence from Killie. Easton tries to take one for the team while covering and mistimes it. 

Hamilton v Motherwell: Cut open by Motherwell's movement and Hamilton denies a goal with his hand. 

Oakley v St Mirren: Never a second yellow. 

Martin v Ross County: Stupidity. 

Stubbs v Kilmarnock: The two centre-backs can't deal with a bouncing ball and Stubbs denies a GSO. 

Gogic v St Mirren: Picked apart on the counter and Gogic denies a GSO. 

Easton's was the only one that was a nasty challenge (and even then I don't think he meant it to be) but that was a result of poor structure. We're not actually a nasty team (fifth in the league for fouls and eighth for yellow cards), it's just that poor shape and decision making means that players are having to commit fouls to atone for these mistakes. 

Aren't you choosing to forget that Oakley's first yellow ought to have been a straight red card ?

Why no Brian Rice interview after the game this week.

Hopefully because he was too embarrassed to come back out the dressing room.

I can tell you how it would’ve went anyway:-

“I’m no happy Marcus, the players didn’t do what I asked of them.

There are certain ones in there that need to take a good look at themselves.

It was meant to be a day off tomorrow Marcus but preparation for Aberdeen starts tomorrow.”

On 05/12/2019 at 13:36, stepek 4 tellys said:

You cannot be serious, paying to watch that piss every week..

2 wins in 17 league games, pretty much sums it up. Any team on a poor run of form must look at fixtures and hope they are playing Accies soon, 

Rice win ratio is almost as bad as Canning, football is worse than attrocious most weeks, crowds are down. Canning mark 2.

We will be bottom of league come 31 December and thats where we stay

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18095280.hamilton-midfielder-reegan-mimnaugh-attracting-interest-leeds-fulham/?ref=fbshr

I'm a massive fan of Mimnaugh, and he has the foundations of a really great player, but this is seems like the Stanger to Leeds rumour earlier in the season; feed someone a story to raise a player's profile in the hope that another club takes him on loan.

If English clubs didn't try and sign him after impressing a few times in the Premiership last season, why would they do so after a start against Airdrie and sub appearance against Killie?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18095280.hamilton-midfielder-reegan-mimnaugh-attracting-interest-leeds-fulham/?ref=fbshr

I'm a massive fan of Mimnaugh, and he has the foundations of a really great player, but this is seems like the Stanger to Leeds rumour earlier in the season; feed someone a story to raise a player's profile in the hope that another club takes him on loan.

If English clubs didn't try and sign him after impressing a few times in the Premiership last season, why would they do so after a start against Airdrie and sub appearance against Killie?

He’ll make a starting appearance against Aberdeen. Then be loaned out to a lowland league side? BSC maybe so the hammy ad can run another story about 2 Accies yufs playing each other in the Scottish cup.

It’s a shame he’s not been able to break onto the scene this season especially with Alston missing so much time, but that’s what changing agents at our crooked club can do for you.

Jesus, I forgot that Stanger made his only appearance the weekend after that Leeds report.

I was always a wee bit sceptical of the belief that Mimnaugh was dropped because he changed agents, but when you see that four of the six academy graduates (or three of five if you exclude Easton) with the most minutes are represented by the agency that Mimnaugh apparently left, you do begin to wonder. 

That said, neither of the highest two, McMann and Smith (apparently Smith's dad is his agent), are represented by StormSportsX, so it could just be entirely coincidental or confirmation bias on my part. 

22 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

There are a lot of poisonous influences in Accies don’t worry about that.

On A different point. £15 to get in for the Scottish cup game has quashed my interest in going.

destined to be the lowest attended cup tie of the weekend.

As others have said, that game against Livingston was maybe the worst football i've seen in a decade. Absolutely honking, nobody seemed to  take charge of the game. 
The 'not expecting signings' thing is of course worrying, I believe we are only 2-3 decent signings off picking up more wins. Goalkeeping *poor parrys* and defensive howlers have really cost us in recent games, however the one good thing I have noticed is that we are not losing 90% of goals to crosses/set pieces anymore. 

Mimmnaugh for me is simply nowhere near ready, fine with seeing him potentially go, in my opinion Lewis Smith is ten times the player and will only get better. If Rice will continue his two striker approach, I wish he'd let Mikel play as a forward instead of having him work as a winger/getting lost in midfield, something he isn't exactly great at is tracking back, his strength lies in running at defenders. 

Edited by JudgeFlash

• 2 weeks later...