~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Yous will know dogshite when you see it tbf

Worth mentioning QOS havent finished above Hamilton since 2004/05...

So, not only did Will Collar play a league game, he played quite well. The problem is that he's just the same as Gogic, Martin and MacKinnon.

Jamie Hamilton was better than I thought he would be and probably deserves to keep his place next week.

Poor game between Accies Reserves v Morton Reserves, although there were some good performers.
Meikle was a wee bit shaky at LB but the rest of the back four were good. Fjortoft and Stanger were v dominant and 16-year-old Jay Blair was composed and confident in possession.
Mimnaugh was perhaps the best player on the park: terrific under pressure, his usual good passing and did more of the 'dirty' stuff than Hughes (who was alright).
Adedoyin started terribly but got a bit of confidence as the game went on and did quite well. The problem was that he just kept running into trouble after getting into good positions.
Moyo was anonymous and Miller came off with an injury.

Rice watched most of the game with his pal who is apparently a Leeds United scout. I don't know the legitimacy of whether he is but it would obvs explain the Stanger links.

We are in some state. Few injuries and it’s straight back to square pegs in round holes.

Back line consisting of two kids and an RB at LB, Stubbs and McGowan edging pass marks as showed good attitude when thrown under the bus.

Midfield was essentially non-existent. Towel thrown by so many that the second half actually looked like a training match. Collar was invisible, Mackinnon looks done and Mickel Miller now looks so ready to go home he was effectively playing with boarding pass in hand.

Also thought it was so clear from the outset that Oakley was not going to do it up front.

Frighteningly bad. Worth mentioning as well that not a single header was one all day (as it was quite literally men against boys) and we still can’t defend corners.

On the showings of others, as is we are plummeting straight down. So many at a high level within the club couldn’t give a flying f*ck what the results are though as long as the youth are getting minutes and they’re charitable exploits are continuing. Can’t say I much enjoyed my pint in full view of Colin McGowan once again playing Fagan to a bunch of weans.

Utter sh*te, depressing and soul-destroying. End of rant.

19 hours ago, Accies_LJA said:

We are in some state. Few injuries and it’s straight back to square pegs in round holes.

Back line consisting of two kids and an RB at LB, Stubbs and McGowan edging pass marks as showed good attitude when thrown under the bus.

Midfield was essentially non-existent. Towel thrown by so many that the second half actually looked like a training match. Collar was invisible, Mackinnon looks done and Mickel Miller now looks so ready to go home he was effectively playing with boarding pass in hand.

Also thought it was so clear from the outset that Oakley was not going to do it up front.

Frighteningly bad. Worth mentioning as well that not a single header was one all day (as it was quite literally men against boys) and we still can’t defend corners.

On the showings of others, as is we are plummeting straight down. So many at a high level within the club couldn’t give a flying f*ck what the results are though as long as the youth are getting minutes and they’re charitable exploits are continuing. Can’t say I much enjoyed my pint in full view of Colin McGowan once again playing Fagan to a bunch of weans.

Utter sh*te, depressing and soul-destroying. End of rant.

I do feel for you, but this could have been predicted when you appointed Rice. It looks like the only thing he learnt from his time at St Mirren was how to construct a Stubbsesque squad. If Darren Jackson rolls up then you really are in trouble.

Does anyone have an idea of what our best XI is yet? Other than Stubbs (who looks absolutely class) and McGowan (because we have no other RBs), there isn't anyone who should be a guaranteed starter.

I've actually been impressed with Alston in his last couple of appearances, but I'd still be looking for a creator to be signed tomorrow, and, going by a post on WAH, that seems to be the case. I don't know how reliable the poster is though.

We have never lost when George Oakley has scored (W3, D2) and all of his seven goals have been one-touch finishes.

Last season he was also Accies' top player for expected assists and made 15 key passes (which seems a bit too high but I'll allow it) - that's the same as Andreu and three fewer than Miller, both of whom took set pieces. It ends up working out that he had just over one p90... pretty decent record.

He's not been great this season, yet still has a really good scoring record and works harder than any of our other strikers. His hold-up play remains pretty honking - Davies is best for that - but is good in the air.

He doesn't get many opportunities, which could also be a fault of his, but he is playing in a team that creates very little.

So yeah, I think he's a bit better than he looks and works much better when he has a strike partner. That said, his issues aren't the kind that I'd expect to be ironed out.

Obviously know nothing about him but it's certainly a position we need.

I'm guessing, but having one earlier makes me think there will be another later.

With Miller not even in the squad on Saturday, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.