~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

To be honest I thought Hughes was anonymous. He surely cant start in the league. McGowan contibuted very little as well. McMann had a good 20 mins after his goal going forward but his defending was awful.

Smith, Miller and Ognpoe were a handful but still reckon Rice has no idea what team will start against Ross County.

Also thought Lewis Smith was the standout for you guys last night, anytime he got the ball he looked like he could make something happen. 

Thought we competed fairly well, created a few good chances although second half we gave the ball away far too often. Was a decent game though. 

26 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

11th at best currently and that’s only because st Mirren look worse than us currently, but they’ll bring in 5/6 faces before the start of the season. I don’t even think we’ll sign the centre back we are crying out for.

You'd hope we will... Depends who the faces are, right enough. We are laughably threadbare at the moment. Barely getting a team out. We started today with a CH and a FB in defence, with two midfielders at fullback. That's not even injuries, we just haven't got any players. It's a joke.

Anyway, yeah, as it stands, we are by some distance worse than you guys.

11th at best currently and that’s only because st Mirren look worse than us currently, but they’ll bring in 5/6 faces before the start of the season. I don’t even think we’ll sign the centre back we are crying out for.
I think we'll sign a centre-back, but whether it's the one we need is another matter.
If Rice doesn't fancy Fjortoft ahead of Easton, Gogic McKenna and Want, I'd be v surprised if he is the man to salvage the defence.

Poor man's Simon Mensing. Gunther put it in the top corner everytime.
Mensing's penalties ended up going to shit. Think he missed three or four in the relegation season, including one against an Alloa outfielder.
I'll agree with Rodger on MAC, although I'm not sure he hit enough to be considered ELITE.

So our DoF has left his position.

The club can now do 1 of 2 things:-

1. Promote Brian Rice from head coach to manager.

2. Find new DoF.

What would you prefer the club to do?

I wouldn’t mind option 1 tbh.

So our DoF has left his position.

The club can now do 1 of 2 things:-

1. Promote Brian Rice from head coach to manager.

2. Find new DoF.

What would you prefer the club to do?

I wouldn’t mind option 1 tbh.
No 1, thus saving a wage for a new DOF to bring in a centre half instead.

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)