~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

Lots of anger around Andreu potentially going to St. Mirren but does anyone actually know if Rice wanted to keep him?

For me he's not the type of player Rice wants, he showed when he came in he wants youth and energy in the middle of the park and likes of Mimnaugh and Martin were 1st names on the team sheet.

Andreu wasn't part of Rice's plan, I'd have loved to have seen him back but I'm not surprised he won't be back. Potentially a great signing for St. Mirren but realistically will be nothing more than average for them as he was for us since January.

7 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Lots of anger around Andreu potentially going to St. Mirren but does anyone actually know if Rice wanted to keep him?

For me he's not the type of player Rice wants, he showed when he came in he wants youth and energy in the middle of the park and likes of Mimnaugh and Martin were 1st names on the team sheet.

Andreu wasn't part of Rice's plan, I'd have loved to have seen him back but I'm not surprised he won't be back. Potentially a great signing for St. Mirren but realistically will be nothing more than average for them as he was for us since January.

I was thinking the same to be honest. As far as I can tell we haven't actually signed him, and he's basically with us on a trial. We he really do that at this stage if he had something on the table from Accies? I mean, realistically even if St Mirren are able to offer more money it won't be that much more surely?

Which leaves 6 clear for another centre half imo. Alston will be 10 I imagine. Then 22 is free for you know who.

Johnny Hunt takes 6. Which is absolutely criminal for a full back IMO

Also too many scousers in the team for my liking.

Andreu owes Accies and their supporters absolutely f**k all. Honestly don't see what he'd be doing wrong by going to St Mirren.

Who said he owes accies anything or our supporters anything? He’s still an accies hero and we wouldn’t be where we are without him. Who said he is doing anything wrong by going to st Mirren? He’s got to chase the best offer he can at his age and if that’s st mirren then so be it but we are allowed to be disappointed by it.

Now back to the diddy league forum.

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Who said he owes accies anything? Who said he is doing anything wrong? He’s got to chase the best offer he can at his age and if that’s st mirren then so be it but we are allowed to be disappointed by it. Now back to the diddy league forum.

Anyone saying "f**k him" are clearly riled by the idea. You appear to have the right idea. 

Anyone saying "f**k him" are clearly riled by the idea. You appear to have the right idea. 

We are allowed to be angry. Doesn’t mean anyone thinks he owes us anything or that we think he’s doing anything wrong. I’m sure a lot of Morton fans were/are the same when any number of their players or managers chased a better option at Falkirk.

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

We are allowed to be angry. Doesn’t mean anyone thinks he owes us anything or that we think he’s doing anything wrong. I’m sure a lot of Morton fans were/are the same when any number of their players or managers chased a better option at Falkirk.

Surprisingly not much in the way of "f**k him" on that count actually. Feel free to have a look yourself. We know we're making cuts and we know Falkirk are spending to try and go up at the first try. Plenty of disappointment with not much in the way of bitterness. 

This chat has actually reminded me that we signed Jim Goodwin from you guys. 

I remember seeing him for Accies and thinking he was garbage. Certainly wasn't though!

Would that have been a Billy Reid signing? Was he any good for you guys? 

I remember seeing him for Accies and thinking he was garbage. Certainly wasn't though!
I remember him making one unreal pass for a Flavio Paixao goal once. I'm also pretty sure he wore number 2 despite being a midfielder, which really was a disgrace.

17 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
20 minutes ago, Silvio said:

I remember him making one unreal pass for a Flavio Paixao goal once. I'm also pretty sure he wore number 2 despite being a midfielder, which really was a disgrace.

I remember going 'who is that horrible fucking hammer thrower with the baldy heid?' when we first played you. 

Then we signed him and I was delighted as he wouldn't be playing against us.  Even though he went from the disgraceful number 2 for a holding mid, to the fucking abomination of number 11 for us. 

31 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Yeah, Billy Reid signed him and he rarely lasted the full 90 mins despite him playing well in some games.  Not even sure he had any fitness issues. It seemed quite strange at the time.

Tony Andreu of 2019 is nowhere near as good as Tony Andreu of 2014. He was a decent option for Accies if they couldn’t find anybody better. If he goes to St Mirren or anywhere else we all move on. We have lost many better players and still stayed up. There is little point is wasting a fortune on wages for a player who did very little in his loan spell. Tony will always be fondly remembered for his goal at Easter Road, his goals under Alex Neil and even the penalty that relegated Dundee last season. We do however have to move on and look forward to watching the team that Brian Rice is building. If Tony comes back and haunts us , well that’s the chance you take but he didn’t at Dundee Utd and his form has dipped badly since. I think the injuries have taken their toll and he has lost that yard of pace that gave him space to score so many goals.

On 01/07/2019 at 15:00, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Would have been more than happy if Tony re-signed but that's football. Don't really blame him as Accies likely offered him a pittance and most people would have done the same if offered more money elsewhere to help pay the bills. He wasn't quite the same player last season as he was in our 1st spell at the club but still that one player in our team who had the vision to pick out a pass to set up a goal. That's something we'll have to address before the season starts. Hunt coming in has convinced me even more that Shena's been signed to play centre half this season.  With another scouser at the club, we seem to be turning into that there 'amilton!

Accies pay better or match most of our bottom six rivals like St.Mirren,Motherwell and Livingston,so would be surprised if they had offered much more money. 

Rice has stated he wants a younger,more energetic team which may explain us not "bursting the bank" to sign him but as you allude to,we desperately still need a creative midfielder.

Most Accies fans would have wished him well if he had went to a side not in direct competition which is the issue here as it could come back to bite us up the jacksie.

Sign the likes of Aaron Doran and it will be Tony Who?

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

21 hours ago, EKACCIES said:

Tony Andreu of 2019 is nowhere near as good as Tony Andreu of 2014. He was a decent option for Accies if they couldn’t find anybody better. If he goes to St Mirren or anywhere else we all move on. We have lost many better players and still stayed up. There is little point is wasting a fortune on wages for a player who did very little in his loan spell. Tony will always be fondly remembered for his goal at Easter Road, his goals under Alex Neil and even the penalty that relegated Dundee last season. We do however have to move on and look forward to watching the team that Brian Rice is building. If Tony comes back and haunts us , well that’s the chance you take but he didn’t at Dundee Utd and his form has dipped badly since. I think the injuries have taken their toll and he has lost that yard of pace that gave him space to score so many goals.

He has not signed he is on trial.  If Jim Goodwin decides he wants him that will be good enough for me. Our board must bring in who Goodwin wants if the club have  too move  to the next level that for me is well safe. That will be success for me to build on the following season. Anyway good luck to you guy's also. 

Edited by Demented Zebra