~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

1 hour ago, cdisaaccie said:

Home friendly on Mon 8th July against Stirling Albion

£10 adults, £5 concessions.

Haud me back emoji23.png

Website actually says £5 for CHILDREN and £10 for adults. This suggests  that over 65s  charge is £10 which would make it more expensive than the Betfred Cup games which are usually £12 and £6 for concessions! Surely some mistake? 

Tony will likely wait until nearer the end of the transfer window to get the best deal. Ziggy likely in the same boat as will many of the better available players. Can’t force players to sign in June. I would expect more signings but guess the manager needs to asses his current squad and the young players before making final squad alterations

Does anyone think our squad is better than last season? There's certainly less shite but I don't think it's improved, and we haven't addressed a main issue from last summer - a creative midfielder.
I'd only expect to see one more signing (Hunt) before the Betfred Cup. It's just a matter of waiting to announce him.

14 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Does anyone think our squad is better than last season? There's certainly less shite but I don't think it's improved, and we haven't addressed a main issue from last summer - a creative midfielder.
I'd only expect to see one more signing (Hunt) before the Betfred Cup. It's just a matter of waiting to announce him.

Alston and Easton are better than what we had but I pretty much agree. If we can sign a dominant centre half and a decent creative midfielder I would be a lot happier.

Alston and Easton are better than what we had but I pretty much agree. If we can sign a dominant centre half and a decent creative midfielder I would be a lot happier.

I’m going to say this cautiously, there’s absolutely no way of knowing how good Easton will be. There’s little chance he’ll be as good as he was 3/4 years ago and he hasn’t played football for the best part of 2 seasons. I wouldn’t be holding my breathe that he’s going to upgrade you at all.

Admittedly he maybe doesn’t have to be very good to still be an upgrade, but based on what I’ve seen of him post injury, he may get exposed a lot this season.

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

I’m going to say this cautiously, there’s absolutely no way of knowing how good Easton will be. There’s little chance he’ll be as good as he was 3/4 years ago and he hasn’t played football for the best part of 2 seasons. I wouldn’t be holding my breathe that he’s going to upgrade you at all.

Admittedly he maybe doesn’t have to be very good to still be an upgrade, but based on what I’ve seen of him post injury, he may get exposed a lot this season.

He doesn't have to be very good to be a step up from Scott McMann.

I'm not sure he's been signed to play LB though, as we've already got McMann and this Hunt character.
I don't think Alston's better than Andreu, but he and Fjortoft are the signings I'm most intrigued about seeing.

Currently I’d say no. We still lack a creative midfielder as you’ve suggested, but Andreu MUST be the answer to that and we just need to iron things out with him.

Our defence was an absolute car crash last season on the field but at least looked good on paper by the end of the window with Ziggy, Kilgallon, Sowah, McGowan and Tshiembe. Where as our squad just now gives me the absolute fear if Gogic, McKenna and the Kiwi guy are our first choice centre halves.

Still plenty of time for folk to sign.
Betfred Cup doesn't kick off for another 3 weeks.
I think we're more or less done unless folk become available or agreements can be made with previously failed targets.

5 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Andreu is better than Alston, Easton, as Widge says, is an unknown, but he apparently struggled badly at CH for our reserves after his return from injury.

2. Aaron McGowan (ENG)

3. Scott McMann (SCO)

8. Steve Davies (ENG)

9. George Oakley (ENG)

11. Mickel Miller (ENG)

13. Alex Gogic (CYP)

14. Ross Cunningham (SCO)

15. Ronan Hughes (SCO)

18. Darian Mackinnon (C) (SCO)

19. Andrew Winter (SCO)

21. Shaun Want (SCO)

23. Ryan Fulton (SCO)