~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

My concern is we still don't have enough creativity in midfield. We can't expect MimNaugh to do it week in week out. We don't yet have that someone who can pick a pass out like Andreu and also the lack of experience in our centre back pairing that's already been mentioned. Plenty time yet though.
Spot on. A dominant centre half and an Andreu type player and we are looking ok.

My big concern is looking back at start of last season the majority of Accies fans thought we had made some great signings, we had plenty of them. Turned out the majority were pish and got bumped back.
OFW in goals eeehhh No, just NO
We need an experienced centre back someone similar to Kilgannon to help the younger lads through

Literally everyone knew Sam Kelly and Aaron Smith were going to be horrendous the moment they signed. Most people expected Bloomfield to be garbage. McGowan, Ziggy, Kilgallon and Sowah people were pretty happy about and they were fine.

22 hours ago, smc4761 said:

My big concern is looking back at start of last season the majority of Accies fans thought we had made some great signings, we had plenty of them. Turned out the majority were pish and got bumped back.

OFW in goals eeehhh No, just NO

We need an experienced centre back someone similar to Kilgannon to help the younger lads through

I don't know anything about the new keeper, Williams, apart from recalling him playing for ICT, so can someone enlighten me as to where all this negativity about him is coming from?

5950e1a090503_i3tSE8(1).gif.5a334e3fb0ef8eecc4cea52752a41284.gif.1dba46fdef9057b4b92194f0162c5830.gif.09635b40c0f77aabed90fa9928d82621.gif
Magic.

Just going off rumours, we've lost out on Andreu and Crawford and I have no idea what's happening with Doran, so it's clear that they're trying to bring in a creative midfielder. It seems like we'll be going further and further down the list though.

16 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Don’t know why people think we’ve lost out on Tony

This. A lot of English league contracts rum until the end of this month.

Woods replaced by Fon Williams
Sowah by Easton
Gordon by McKenna
Tshembie by Fjortoft
Imrie by Alston
This still leaves scope to replace Killgallon, Keatings & Andreu.
I would imagine there will be players available awaiting the best offer they can before deciding on a club and these likely to be deals done towards end of August. We also have youth to promote like Hamilton, Stanger, Smith & Winter

I'm sure I saw Marcus Nash say somewhere that Andreu won't be re-signing and [mention]ekfootball[/mention] also said talks had stopped.

Marcus said it on WAH but then put lots of crying face emojis and then left WAH. Obviously he isn’t going to give away any secrets over social media.

On 17/06/2019 at 12:35, EKACCIES said:

Woods replaced by Fon Williams
Sowah by Easton
Gordon by McKenna
Tshembie by Fjortoft
Imrie by Alston
This still leaves scope to replace Killgallon, Keatings & Andreu.
I would imagine there will be players available awaiting the best offer they can before deciding on a club and these likely to be deals done towards end of August. We also have youth to promote like Hamilton, Stanger, Smith & Winter

Kilgallon replacement is a huge one.

Brian Rice needs to hit a bulls eye if it's gonna get an upgrade.

Edited by Im_Rodger

I was thinking that myself. Like surely £10 for a friendly against a league 2 (?) Side is unreasonable or am I being a grinch.

A fiver and I might have considered it, but I’ll give it a miss when we’ll have 4 league cup games the following weeks between £10-£15 a pop.