~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

8 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Penny was Welsh, Bloomfield scored us a winner that without the points would've put is into 11th. 

There was a few but our Starting XI for most of the season had more English players than Scottish.

Last season we got it right with the English players. 

A few did flop but our English players were better than our Scottish players last season. 

I was thinking you were meaning players picked up in England. If it's just English players I'll chuck Tom Taiwo in too :P 

Just now, Kyle said:

I was thinking you were meaning players picked up in England. If it's just English players I'll chuck Tom Taiwo in too :P 

Ah forgot about that monumental flop. 

Funny how he was great for Falkirk in the diddy league but couldn't handle the tempo of Premiership football.

According to some malchick on Facebook, we're set to sign Will Collar from Brighton: played 10 games in the PL2 last season, supposedly did alright against Southampton in a cup game, and can play at right-back or midfield.

6 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

The 'English jobbers' did not bad last season imo.

Aaron McGowan

Mickel Miller

Gary Woods

Steven Davies

Matt Kilgallon

I'll give you Bingham though.

I did say "a few" which would include Alex Penny, Sam Kelly, Mason Bloomfield, Adam Phillips and Kieran Monlouis.

We are top 6 next season . A long way from Cowdenbeath with no players . Or the right bad days of Firhill with Watson and Fulston . We are really in our best years ever.  Proud to be an Accie forever 

3 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

It sounds like we're due a sizable sell- on fee if Brophy moves on from Kllie.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4340298/hamilton-ronnie-macdonald-accies-eamonn-brophy-kilmarnock/

If true & given he has 2 years left, after signing an extension last summer, he wont be leaving on the cheap, so you may have a wee wait......

"Eamonn Brophy has been rewarded for his impressive debut season by being handed a new Kilmarnock contract.

The club has moved to extend the Scotland Under 21 international's contract until the summer of 2021"

Edited by C4mmy31

7 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

I have just found out that you's lot are paying Owen Fon Williams 5 grand a month.. bit much no ?

Have you also just found out the moon is made of cheese?

Yep, would be happy with that.
A strike force of Oakley, Davies and Oggy would do me.
What's Oggy's contract situation?
Defos here next season. As far as I can tell, only Boyd and Fulton are signed up beyond then and I'm pretty certain the former will leave/has left.
The mystery surrounding the length of contracts is a fucking pain though.