2012/2013 SFL Division 1 - Stevie May 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2013/2014 Scottish Championship - Anthony Andreu [emoji632]

2014/2015 Scottish Premiership - Anthony Andreu [emoji632]

2015/2016 Ladbrokes Premiership - Michael McGovern [emoji636]

2016/2017 Ladbrokes Premiership - Darian Mackinnon 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2017/2018 Ladbrokes Premiership - David Templeton 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2018/2019 Ladbrokes Premiership - Aaron McGowan 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

17 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Poor signing a player that was relegated into League 1. 

20 years old and chucked into a relegation battle half way through. I was reading some of the replies to his signing and they are not all bad. 

I'll give him every chance.

Edited by Skondras

1) I read this in the voice of the wee girl in Poltergeist saying "they're here".

2) If "he" turns out to be a jobber like Alston or OFW then I wish for Sean to be removed from his duties as SLO.Screenshot_20190606-115849_Twitter.thumb.jpg.8075cd4af8344f5af39e6bba90986336.jpg

ETA: That arm is too fat to be anyone other than Steve.

It's Alston.

Best of luck to him. Showed himself a capable player at this level in patches but pretty inconsistent. Will definitely add a goal threat to your midfield.

Can only be Alston, Davies, OFW or Hunt. 3 have signed just waiting to be announced and Davies may sign any day now.
If that is right and we are getting Davies, Hunt and OFW I guess we will need another centre half and an Andreu type player and that will be about it.

It's Alston.

Best of luck to him. Showed himself a capable player at this level in patches but pretty inconsistent. Will definitely add a goal threat to your midfield.
Having a look at the Saints thread, I don't really know what to expect from him.
I saw folk say that he's not any better than any of the wingers at St Johnstone, but we don't have any so could he do a job out wide?
You say he'll add a goal threat, but he doesn't look like he's scored many goals in his career.
Will he create much?

14 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Having a look at the Saints thread, I don't really know what to expect from him.
I saw folk say that he's not any better than any of the wingers at St Johnstone, but we don't have any so could he do a job out wide?
You say he'll add a goal threat, but he doesn't look like he's scored many goals in his career.
Will he create much?

He was alright on the wing. He's not really a direct winger but he works hard, is decent enough technically and can link up well with other players with a footballing brain. If he plays through the middle, he times his runs into the box well nd gets chances off that. He made a bit of a habit of scoring against Rangers at Ibrox and against Dundee for us for some reason. He's versatile, technically decent and will run himself into the ground for the team.

He does disappear in games though and can flit between looking like a top 6 player to a championship one in the same match. 

He was ok for Saints. Underwhelmed slightly during his first two years as I think we all expected more than we got from him in terms of actual contribution (his goal/assists tally isn't great) but his tail was up and he looked excellent in the Autumn in the season just past. I think he only started one game in the second half of the season though and  I can't say I ever sat at a match thinking 'we could really use Blair Alston in this game'. He'll do well if the team is built around his strengths and he's given a run in a position. I reckon he's probably best playing the advanced role in a midfield 3 but if I'm being honest, he never quite excelled enough anywhere on the pitch to really justify a sustained run in that position every week.

Edited by Kyle

Happy enough with that. Bear in mind some the last few seasons have seen us signing the likes of Kurakins, Sumsky, Richard Roy, Kurtaj etc. With no experience of the Scottish game to get two decent players from a decent st Johnstone side is a bit of a coup.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:
3 hours ago, ekfootball said:
Can only be Alston, Davies, OFW or Hunt. 3 have signed just waiting to be announced and Davies may sign any day now.

If that is right and we are getting Davies, Hunt and OFW I guess we will need another centre half and an Andreu type player and that will be about it.

Andreu at the moment is not signing. Things can always change but talks have stopped.

Happy with Alston.
Proven Premiership player.
More please. 

I’m going to play Devils Advocate here and say he’s not proven anything at this level. The jury was very much still out on him, 3 years after he initially joined.

Kyles hit the nail on the head when he says nobody at saints could give you a clear answer as to what type of player and where his best position is. Also let’s his man run off him far too often so if you play him wide, expect the opposition fullback to create chances.