~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

1 hour ago, TavTastic said:

Supposedly you are after Lewis Macleod from Brentford.

Has been mentioned elsewhere. No chance he will come to us. Bound to get better offers from better teams.

7 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Has been mentioned elsewhere. No chance he will come to us. Bound to get better offers from better teams.

And it would involve quite a pay cut. We pushed the boat out with Kilgallon, who must have been on £2k a week. Macleod will likely be on even more so can't see it happening.

14 hours ago, Estragon said:

Jeezo, what eye-gouging season was this? I'd forgotten all about it.

The worst I can place off the top of my head is in the first of our unholy trinity of seasons I don't understand how we survived (2010, 2015, 2016) where we scored 29 and finished 11th - drawing a blank in exactly half our matches.

I think that was our second second back up so 10/11.

23 goals scored, 43 conceded and we picked up 44 points, 18 clear of automatically relegated Hamilton. That can't be far off the record low watermark.

I'd quite like Lewis Macleod. 

14 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

He's got natural talent but has had huge injury issues. His injury record might mean he's seen as a risk by many clubs thereby lowering his market value.

Edited by TavTastic

2 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

He's got natural talent but has had huge injury issues. His injury record might mean he's seen as a risk by many clubs thereby lowering his market value.

We took that risk with Templeton and it paid dividends. 

If we are realistically in for him we should definitely go for it. 

And it would involve quite a pay cut. We pushed the boat out with Kilgallon, who must have been on £2k a week. Macleod will likely be on even more so can't see it happening.
I would guess that MacKinnon and McGowan are our only (relatively) high earners left. Gordon, Imrie, Kilgallon and Tshiembe won't have been on a (releatively) small wage, although I could be way off about Tshiembe.

So the 2019/2020 Ladbrokes Premiership lineup is going to look something like this:-

1. Aberdeen
  2. Celtic
  3. Hamilton Academical
  4. Heart of Midlothian
  5. Hibernian
  6. Kilmarnock
  7. Livingston
  8. Motherwell
  9. Rangers
  10. Ross County
  11. St Johnstone
  12. St Mirren or Dundee United

It looks like next years relegation battle could include ourselves, Livingston and St Mirren if they win the Play-off.

Might look like we will need to rely on another team having a disaster season next year. 

Edited by Im_Rodger

So the 2019/2020 Ladbrokes Premiership lineup is going to look something like this:-
  1. Aberdeen
  2. Celtic
  3. Hamilton Academical
  4. Heart of Midlothian
  5. Hibernian
  6. Kilmarnock
  7. Livingston
  8. Motherwell
  9. Rangers
  10. Ross County
  11. St Johnstone
  12. St Mirren or Dundee United

It looks like next years relegation battle could include ourselves, Livingston and St Mirren if they win the Play-off.
Might look like we will need to rely on another team having a disaster season next year. 

County will be down there too

We've released Alston and I believe you were linked with him in the press a couple of weeks ago.

Fill yer boots - another contribution from St Johnstone to keep you up next year.

2 hours ago, bomberharris said:

County will be down there too

Uncle Roy will be splashing the cash to make sure Ross County and relegation are not even muttered together. 

I imagine Dundee United's new owner will have similar wealth to throw at the team in summer. 

Edited by Im_Rodger

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 12:13, Owsley said:

2k is literally double what we had Halkett on :D Pittman is on about 700 as well.