~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

Couple of questions:

- How much faith do you guys have in Rice for next season?

- Does anyone think Canning would've kept us up?

I do still have my doubts about Rice but I'm not sure if that's because it's not his own squad, and he's still pretty inexperienced as a manager so I'm willing to cut him some slack.

I don't think Canning would've picked up 19 points after the break and if he did, it wouldn't have been as entertaining as the fashion Rice usually managed it.

You can only really judge him properly until after next season,  providing he's allowed to bring in the players he thinks will fit into his style of play.  I doubt we'd have got over the line with Canning.  It just wasn't working out, with the majority of our players looking like they'd chucked it working under him this season.  Also, the majority of our fans were sick of Canning also and were crying out for him to go. The atmosphere around the club had turned a bit toxic. They've now brought in a manager who brings a different philosophy to his and wants to play a more adventurous attacking formation which it's much more easier on the eye.  We're not going to win every week as admittingly it can leave us a bit open at times when playing against the teams with much better players but I'd rather we take his approach  than Canning's boring snoozefest tactics. 

Heard on a podcast that you’ll have Kieran Anderson training with you this summer. Scored almost 50 goals for Camelon Juniors in the EoS League.
Aye was mentioned a few weeks back. Decent player at EOS level but nowhere near good enough for the step up to Premier League.Wouldnt be surprised if he went to Falkirk.

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Couple of questions:
- How much faith do you guys have in Rice for next season?
- Does anyone think Canning would've kept us up?

I do still have my doubts about Rice but I'm not sure if that's because it's not his own squad, and he's still pretty inexperienced as a manager so I'm willing to cut him some slack.

I don't think Canning would've picked up 19 points after the break and if he did, it wouldn't have been as entertaining as the fashion Rice usually managed it.

I had been saying for some time that Canning had taken us as far as he could. Football was crap fans turning against the club and a pretty toxic atmosphere. he had to go and should have went at end of December at the winter break. This would have given the new manager time to work with players for a few weeks and avoided the squeaky bum time at end of season.

Rice did well and apart from getting shafted by the blue half of bigot brothers our home form has been decent.

Rice now has a huge rebuild job to do, Imrie, Ziggy and Kilgannon away and a good few others will follow, mainly the dross that Canning signed. I like the idea of bringing in the youth BUT they need to have some experienced guys around to talk them through

5 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Was our 1st goal yesterday our 1st from a corner since Tomas at Tynecastle in Sept 2017 ?

Oakley v Livi came from a corner but the ball did bounce around a wee bit. 

Imrie v St Mirren came straight from a Keatings corner. 

If we had kept Canning it would have been us down automatically and Dundee in the play off with St.Mirren safe.

McIntyre signed I think 10 players,Kearney six or seven and Rice one so the guy did a better job for me as he was still lumbered with Canning's dross and had to play some of them to help us over the line.

Looking forward to the summer and hopefully a few coming in with a decent pedigree rather than being proven correct about most Canning signed.

With Keatings away and Imrie retired and Marsden, Ziggy, Tshiembe, Kilgallon, Penny, Taiwo, Davies, Boyd and McMillan all likely to depart. 

Fjortoft already signed and Hendrie, Doran, Andreu and Alston all possibly coming in. 

Who else are realistic possible signings.

I don't think we'll sign all three of Alston, Andreu and Doran - Alston's probably the least likely. Let's be honest, though, we're as well talking about what positions we want as opposed to specific players.

- Goalkeeper
- Centre-back (maybe two as well as the Norwegian)
- Right and left-back (McGowan's really come onto a game and we've been lucky he's always fit, but there is no cover for him. If Hendrie signs then he'll be the left-back - are he and McMann good options for there though?)
- A winger (Miller and Imrie leaving means Lewis Smith is our only option there)
- Creative midfielder(s) (Boyd, Imrie, Keatings, Kelly, Smith, Miller, Andreu - all have taken up the position of being our key creator, many/most/all have failed in that position. No one seems to know if Andreu will sign but I'd be surprised if Doran doesn't. We'll need a couple of '10s' anyway, and I'd be content with those two)

Sadly, most of those positions are starters and I've not really addressed bulking up the squad depth.

13 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I don't think we'll sign all three of Alston, Andreu and Doran - Alston's probably the least likely. Let's be honest, though, we're as well talking about what positions we want as opposed to specific players.

- Goalkeeper
- Centre-back (maybe two as well as the Norwegian)
- Right and left-back (McGowan's really come onto a game and we've been lucky he's always fit, but there is no cover for him. If Hendrie signs then he'll be the left-back - are he and McMann good options for there though?)
- A winger (Miller and Imrie leaving means Lewis Smith is our only option there)
- Creative midfielder(s) (Boyd, Imrie, Keatings, Kelly, Smith, Miller, Andreu - all have taken up the position of being our key creator, many/most/all have failed in that position. No one seems to know if Andreu will sign but I'd be surprised if Doran doesn't. We'll need a couple of '10s' anyway, and I'd be content with those two)

Sadly, most of those positions are starters and I've not really addressed bulking up the squad depth.

Forgot about Miller - is he leaving ?

The players are in today for the last time this season and it was this time last year all the departures were announced, so we'll probably hear everything today in terms of outgoings.

My opinions on the squad going forward:-

Goalkeeper: we are absolutely fucked. Woods gone, Fulton pish. A big signing needed.

Right back:- McGowan will do. No cover as said though. So even if we sign a centre back that can play there we’ll be ok

Centre back:- Another area we are pretty much fucked. The plan might be for Sowah or Hendrie to play there and cover left back but at least 2 still needed with all our departures.

Left back:- McMann is fine for me. With as mentioned Sowah/Hendrie to cover.

Midfield:- MacKinnon and Martin fine as the ball winners maybe someone needed as back up. A creative midfielder needed if we can’t keep Andreu

Wingers:- A couple needed if miller is offski and Imrie out to pasture.

Upfront:- The one area we actually look ok IMO with Oakley and if we can re-sign Davies and Ogkmpfru. Neither of the 3 are going to score 10/15 goals a season but they all suit our style of play and have excellent link up play.

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

My opinions on the squad going forward:-
Goalkeeper: we are absolutely fucked. Woods gone, Fulton pish. A big signing needed.

Is Woods definitely leaving ?