~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

3 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Probably still more than what we'd be able to offer him then I'd imagine. I guess it would come down to what the player wants, if he's happy being a bit part player which he'd likely be at Perth or being a regular at Accies, getting a game every week.

Aye but as I said, Saints have stood by him and would hope he's decent enough to show a wee bit loyalty back. Nothing stopping him from moving on but it would spoil  the good relationship he has with a few at Saints. 

Money talks for some folk though....

Edited by tree house tam
Ffs what's wrong with me tonight

Ah Celtic Focus :lol: otherwise known as Myopia. 

Great day for the Accies fans and the seeth makes it all the more delicious!

Nice for those gammons to get out their caves for a bit too! 

tenor (1).gif

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Aye but as I said, Saints have stood by him and would hope he's decent enough to show a wee bit loyalty back. Nothing stopping him from moving on but it would spoil  the good relationship he has with a few at Saints. 

Money talks for some folk though....

Nursed him back to fitness over the last season. Would hope he would have the integrity to consider that, but no disaster if he goes. 

Anyway well done Hamilton, another great achievement, and glad we were able to help. Nice to be nice. 

Now, please use that extra cash to rip up the carpet tiles and put some grass down. 

Quick question to @Im_Rodger

Why start a new thread?  Why not edit last season's excellent thread title and make it Grand Theft Premiership VI- (Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 thread.)?  You'd not want to lose some of the little gems from last season such as these two from Well fans from a year ago:

You can edit the thread title yourself and then ask one of the Mods to merge posts from this new thread in to the retitled one.

Quick question to [mention=54005]Im_Rodger[/mention]

Why start a new thread?  Why not edit last season's excellent thread title and make it Grand Theft Premiership VI- (Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 thread.)?  You'd not want to lose some of the little gems from last season such as these two from Well fans from a year ago:

[/url] You can edit the thread title yourself and then ask one of the Mods to merge posts from this new thread in to the retitled one.

New threads is something I’ve done for each of our 6 seasons in the top flight.

I don’t believe in superstitions... but it is a weird coincidence we have stayed up for the 5 seasons so far.

I also feel a new thread is good for capturing the pre season atmosphere with regards to potential signings and puntings.

Grand Theft Premiership V was a play on Grand Theft Auto V.

There is no Grand Theft Auto VI so that wouldn’t work.

10 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
10 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:
McGowan on twitter implying Stephen Hendrie coming back. Never rated him but still a better option than what we have at the moment.

Really hope not. If Sheena is out of favour at St Johnstone and they are looking to release him, I'd welcome him back at NDP no problem. Never rated Hendrie at all.

How did Easton look yesterday?

As Tam says, hes been offered a new deal. I dont know what he'll do as hes been replaced now.

You also offered a deal to Alston, as did Dundee. I think you're front runners for that signing unless something changes.

How did Easton look yesterday?
As Tam says, hes been offered a new deal. I dont know what he'll do as hes been replaced now.
You also offered a deal to Alston, as did Dundee. I think you're front runners for that signing unless something changes.

He was poor. I appreciate it was his first game back in 18 months, but he was positionally really poor at times and offered nothing going forward. There seemed a reluctance to actually give him the ball at times which hindered us going forward. If he’s to be back up next year, he’s gonna have to up it from yesterday. If Tanser plays the second never happens and we have more of a threat down the left hand side.

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

He was poor. I appreciate it was his first game back in 18 months, but he was positionally really poor at times and offered nothing going forward. There seemed a reluctance to actually give him the ball at times which hindered us going forward. If he’s to be back up next year, he’s gonna have to up it from yesterday. If Tanser plays the second never happens and we have more of a threat down the left hand side.

Cheers. Maybe worth a reduced one year deal to see if he can step it up with a pre-season and maybe some diddy cup minutes?

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

How a club as shit has Hamilton managed to avoid relegation is beyond rational explanation.

Well let me explain then -

2014/2015 - finished 7th

2015/2016 - finished 10th

2016/2017 - finished 11th. Beat your mob 1-0 over 2 legs to stay up & keep you down.

2017/2018 - finished 10th

2018/2019 - finished 10th

Couple of questions:
- How much faith do you guys have in Rice for next season?
- Does anyone think Canning would've kept us up?

I do still have my doubts about Rice but I'm not sure if that's because it's not his own squad, and he's still pretty inexperienced as a manager so I'm willing to cut him some slack.

I don't think Canning would've picked up 19 points after the break and if he did, it wouldn't have been as entertaining as the fashion Rice usually managed it.

Couple of questions:

I do still have my doubts about Rice but I'm not sure if that's because it's not his own squad, and he's still pretty inexperienced as a manager so I'm willing to cut him some slack.

I don't think Canning would've picked up 19 points after the break and if he did, it wouldn't have been as entertaining as the fashion Rice usually managed it.
Sill unsure about Rice but give him the benefit of the doubt. He was astonished that the only midfielder we have that can pass the ball is 17 and weighs 7 stone.

I reckon we would have only got 5 or 6 points under Canning.

Nee signings are vital but cant be worse than Phillips, Smith, Penny, Bloomfield and Sam Kelly !

14 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Couple of questions:

He has earned the entirety of next season for me. 

Canning would not of kept us up.