36 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Oh and special mention for the joyless Tom English on the BBC. Yes we celebrated winning the playoff, staying up and finishing 11th. If Saints had gone down to the Championship the club would have to cut its cloth to suit.  Many players and staff would have lost their jobs or have pay cuts. God forbid them and the fans having a few drinks and being happy at surviving, especially when it looked bleak in December. Just cause the BBC didn't get one its favourite 'big clubs' up....

Firstly the fans have every right to celebrate it looked like automatic relegation was a real possibility for most of the season.

However you say "many players and staff would have lost their jobs or wages cut" and this is usually brought up for every clubs relegation however the players wouldn't just be sacked it's unlikely that you could afford it so the ones losing their jobs are the ones who weren't good enough to play at the level they had been playing at and being a footballer is hardly the safest employment choice of all time. The staff is an interesting one because how many full time positions did St Mirren make for one season in the premiership? Casual staff will of course be impacted by relegation if hospitality numbers drop then the catering staff will have less hours but we are no longer in the days when clubs have huge levels of non football staff and I would worry about any club making redundancies due to relegation (when it was a distinct reality at the start of the season) really are very poor at business management.

I doubt St Mirren is run in such a way as they always seemed like a pretty slick operation, i.e. not the sort of club to have their passwords guessed by a couple of kids.

Enjoy your night and be sure to get it right up Pawlett.

58 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Geniune question.. why are Dundee United perceived to be a favoured club by the BBC and other media folk? Never really noticed it myself.

Many, many so-called pundits believe six teams have a god-given right to be in the top flight:

Celtic
"Rangers"
Hearts
Hibs
Aberdeen
Dundee Utd

Then you have Kilmarnock and Motherwell who really should be there but aren't as "big" (cue @Dindeleux). For instance, Motherwell were dispensable when up against "Rangers" in the play-off. 

For the other four teams, take your pick from the remaining 34 clubs. But god-forbid one or more of them "takes the place(s)" of one or more of the "big 6" (cf. today with St Mirren having the audacity to keep Dundee Utd out of the top flight). 

Edited by The Master

3 hours ago, steviesmfc1877 said:

Tell tom english its about stayin up when u were dead and buried at xmas and also playin a supposed big team in the play off u sad act f**k SMTIDemoji1267.pngemoji209.pngemoji1267.pngemoji209.pngemoji1267.pngemoji209.png

It's almost as if certain individuals in the media wanted St Mirren to go down after they sacked their pal 'Stubbsy'.

A good lesson to all you children reading this. "DONT DO DRUGS"

With yet another season looming in the championship, I think that is now your only hope. Yer man Beaton tried his best but even he couldn’t manage it. My post was absolutely correct.

A quite tremendous end to a horrible week. 

The bankhouse last night was superb. At one point on way home, we stopped in a local kebab shop and the skipper himself showed up beside us declaring he was starving and needed grub as he had to be on a flight to London early this morning to watch his wee bro in action for villa.

To say he was delighted at what transpired yesterday would be an understatement. 

8 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Geniune question.. why are Dundee United perceived to be a favoured club by the BBC and other media folk? Never really noticed it myself.

During their match v ICT it was repeatedly said by the commentators that United "deserve to be in the top flight" as they're a "big club", along with other shite about how much theyd add and how great for the game it would be.

Thompson and Stewart then parroted that on Sportscene. 

If they weren't al so aware theyd be lynched for it, theyd have named Hamilton as being undeserving of a top flight space, I'd have guessed.

Great way to win shite way to lose United fans to a man were amazingly well behaved and conducted themselves impeccably and just a pity that we could not have them up aswell in place of a Livi or Hamilton.  
Hamilton and Livingston have proven with results they deserve to be in the premiership....Dundee United haven't....dry your eyes