Sow is hilarious, tbf. I was gutted when he went off on Friday, and delighted when he came on today.

Yeah, looked like the wrong subs at the wrong time. Although it could just be coincidental. St Mirren were slightly the better side in the later stages of the first leg, I got a bit of stick on here for saying I thought St Mirren were fitter. There was no question about that today, we were well on top in extra time.

Sow is hilarious, tbf. I was gutted when he went off on Friday, and delighted when he came on today.

Wot he said MON THE MIRREN
Done wot they had to do no under performance SMFC STAYIN UP

The refereeing conspiracy stuff is pretty bathshit.

Beaton isn't bent, he's just a mile out of his fucking depth with absolutely no bottle to make the big decisions. When he did finally decide elbowing someone was a red card offence, he left until about 5 mins from the end when it didn't really matter, and even then it was only worthy of a yellow. 

Next season's derbies should be fun, with two squads of absolute dross, being managed by two fucking idiots. 

I’d quite happily never go through another 120 minutes like that again.

Not a great game quality-wise, but a good advert for Scottish football - both teams gave everything, and both sets of fans generated a cracking atmosphere.

Obviously Hladky will make the headlines for us, but I thought Ferdinand was fantastic when he came on - guy hasn’t kicked a ball really since January, but strolled through extra time and looked a calming influence at the back. From the starters, Cooke was a handful and Hodson was solid throughout.

Wasn’t a massive fan of our subs, but Neilson has a knack of changing the game with his - not in the way he intends I’m sure. 6 subs across two ties, and none of them had a positive effect.

Celebrations justified from our point of view, but we can’t end up back here next season. Not sure I’d survive it!

#beautifulsunday

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Despite your best attempts Beaton, justice prevailed, hang your head in shame, you absolute fucking disgrace of a man.

Thank you.

At least you will again be able to look forward to being pumped by the Arabs on a regular basis.  I'm glad Roy bought us the Championship so we can now avoid Dundee all together next season.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:
Well done, Saints.
Pleased for Oran Kearney, hope he can build on it for next season.

Rumour is he is going back to Colraine.

Wrong, listen to after match interview

Well that was quite something. Enjoyed the result but would prefer not to go though that again! Thought the game was lousy, two teams were nervy, trying not to make a mistake and generally cancelling each other out. I think we had the better chances especially as the game wore on, but got nothing from Beaton who had tangerine specs on all day.  

Was concerned when the two Kyles went off that we were in trouble but Nazon played well. Mullen's finish is tremendous and Cooke didn't give Dundee United's defence peace. Hodson was good too and wouldn't be opposed to him staying if Rangers release him and we can afford his wages. What can you say about Vaclav Hladky, composed with the ball at his feet, makes stops and keeps a clean sheet in a shootout. 

Sore one for United's fans no doubt.  Given Neilson's subs ruined United 's momentum and he celebrated a draw and going to penalties I can't help but laugh at that fud. 

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:
2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

A shocking game, but surely folk on here don't seriously believe he was bent in some way?

It's one of those throw away lines, but tell me no sensible poster actually believes that shite.

At least 'five wtf' decisions, for the DAB's.imo.

You would like to think he is simply just not a very good ref, BUT isn't it slightly at odds  .............  with the odds, that virtually all of the dubious calls were beneficial to Dundee United.                  Just saying.

I agree with Tom these players have underperformed all season and narrowly beat a terrible championship side. Not really worth the full champagne spray and winners board kept up by a random chair.
On the other hand it does seem that everything conspired again St Mirren the celebrations would have been better placed on the pitch with the fans who have been amazing, in the referees room with Beaton or in the away dressing room.
OK and the fans are the real winners today and I hope they enjoy their night but the players at the club have woefully underperformed all season 
To be fair the players that were kept on and brought in in January have been a great improvement on what was signed in the summer. We have had 2 different teams. This current squad deserve to have a few beers tonight after the mess that was left by the previous manager.

As you say though we narrowly beat a championship side but we have now only lost 1 game in the last 10 and that was against Celtic, in high pressure games. In fact i'm sure our keeper made more saves in the shootout than in the previous 120 minutes. McMullan put in a few dangerous balls and Clark missed a good chance. Other than that United's keeper made 6/7 really good saves over the 2 legs to keep us out.

Great way to win shite way to lose United fans to a man were amazingly well behaved and conducted themselves impeccably and just a pity that we could not have them up aswell in place of a Livi or Hamilton.  

That will be because Livi beat them in the Semi Final last year and Accies beat them two years ago

Irrespective of how great a teams fans are perceived to be, if the players don’t perform in big games the club deserves to be playing in the Championship

23 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Oh and special mention for the joyless Tom English on the BBC. Yes we celebrated winning the playoff, staying up and finishing 11th. If Saints had gone down to the Championship the club would have to cut its cloth to suit.  Many players and staff would have lost their jobs or have pay cuts. God forbid them and the fans having a few drinks and being happy at surviving, especially when it looked bleak in December. Just cause the BBC didn't get one its favourite 'big clubs' up....

Nae wuner we jocks hate the fecking English ............  :thumsup2