He was a million pound player as a teenager, would you believe. Derek McInnes had him sussed. Brought him in on loan, he started one game, got hooked at half-time and was never seen again. 
No wonder Bolton are in the shit paying 7 figures for dross like him.

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Connolly's play acting after Nazon's challenge is embarrassing. At worst Nazon's arm brushes against Connolly's face, no motion towards his face. Connolly collapses holding his face as if he has been slugged by a super-heavyweight. He was blatantly trying to con Beaton and he succeeded. Connolly should be punished retrospectively for this.

He tried exactly the same with Cody Cooke at Tannadice on Thursday night Rolling around claiming he was hit by an elbow Filthy cheat of a man

Edited by Danny

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning he was a regular in our midfield and looked more than capable, even garnering praise from opposition fans. Seemed very much a player who needed used thebright way though.

They're on Twitter claiming they're our biggest away crowd and we need them to stay afloat. 

Have to wonder if they're actually aware its 3 years since they played at McDiarmid and we've miraculously survived. 

But the crack are appearing.  The St Johnstone, Jonnyco. Scottish football needs a strong St Jonstone.  ETA you can't liquidise a club. (my peronal favorite)

Edited by Insaintee

2 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I can’t believe anyone is suggesting the motives of Beaton and the SPFL aren’t suspicious in any way. Corruption clearly exists in football at higher levels so there’s no reason to believe it doesn’t happen in this country, especially with its history of pandering to the ‘establishment’. In United’s 3 most important ties this year (Scottish Cup QF vs ICT, Play-Off Semi vs ICT, Play-Off Final vs St Mirren) they’ve had absolutely every decision go for them. Whether it be dodgy reds for the opposition, winning dodgy penalties, getting away with obvious reds, clear onside goals for the opposition being denied etc. It becomes even more obvious when United are failing to take advantage of it, so the refs try even harder.

Don't disagree, but come on Dundee United... A big team? Maybe in the 80's but even then thier crowds were not that great.

37 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

But the crack are appearing.  The St Johnstone, Jonnyco. Scottish football needs a strong St Jonstone.  ETA you can't liquidise a club. (my peronal favorite)

5cee607d00b66_tenor(5).gif.f733f65f2724665e5f132c49b980c693.gif

53 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I can’t believe anyone is suggesting the motives of Beaton and the SPFL aren’t suspicious in any way. Corruption clearly exists in football at higher levels so there’s no reason to believe it doesn’t happen in this country, especially with its history of pandering to the ‘establishment’. In United’s 3 most important ties this year (Scottish Cup QF vs ICT, Play-Off Semi vs ICT, Play-Off Final vs St Mirren) they’ve had absolutely every decision go for them. Whether it be dodgy reds for the opposition, winning dodgy penalties, getting away with obvious reds, clear onside goals for the opposition being denied etc. It becomes even more obvious when United are failing to take advantage of it, so the refs try even harder.

Shut it Charlie Kelly

52 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I want to be a 'good winner' about it, but it was absolutely scandalous - and I don't think the issue should go away just because we beat them. If anything, it puts us in a stronger position to raise a stink about it, because we don't look like sore losers. 

I'm already to intrigued to see what will happen next season if they don't win the title. Very much hoping you and Dundee can give them a decent challenge.

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Is Reynolds and Connolly United's regular defensive pairing? I appreciate we only managed one goal against them over the two games but they looked horrendous. Reynolds was at fault for our goal and Connolly just looked a mess. Surely better than that will be needed to win the Championship next season?

I was going to make a comment about sending them to the glue factory but Connolly is only 27 - I assumed he was about 10 years older and heading for the end of his career.

Was he not meant to be pretty decent at Killie? Pascali made way for him and he was eventually captain. A Killie fan might shed better light on it @Dindeleux ? Agreed though, he looked permanently rattled over both legs.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning he was a regular in our midfield and looked more than capable, even garnering praise from opposition fans. Seemed very much a player who needed used thebright way though.

They're on Twitter claiming they're our biggest away crowd and we need them to stay afloat. 

Have to wonder if they're actually aware its 3 years since they played at McDiarmid and we've miraculously survived. 

If we have to give the OF 3 sides of the park, I guess that we'd have to give them the whole stadium. 

I want to be a 'good winner' about it, but it was absolutely scandalous - and I don't think the issue should go away just because we beat them. If anything, it puts us in a stronger position to raise a stink about it, because we don't look like sore losers. 
I'm already to intrigued to see what will happen next season if they don't win the title. Very much hoping you and Dundee can give them a decent challenge.

Look at him in the shootout. Absolute c'nt. Doesn't speak to the United keeper once. What was his problem?

It was Connolly at fault for the equaliser, he was the one who fucked his clearance that gave Mullen a chance at the volley. As for the both of them, I think statistically we're betting with both of them playing, but Connolly gives me the fear and I honestly think Bouhenna is better than him at Centre Back, unless it's against Ayr United. For some reason, he's always atrocious against them.

Also maybe I've just done a good job at getting rid of the weirdos in our support from my twitter feed, but I've not seen a single United fan say that St. Johnstone are missing out on our away support.

19 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Look at him in the shootout. Absolute c'nt. Doesn't speak to the United keeper once. What was his problem?

It's the penalty before Sow. What does he say- "listen you keep saving these I'm sending you off". It's hardly as if Hladky was miles off his line every kick, he was pretty much doing what every keeper including Siegrist was doing! 

7 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

It's the penalty before Sow. What does he say- "listen you keep saving these I'm sending you off". It's hardly as if Hladky was miles off his line every kick, he was pretty much doing what every keeper including Siegrist was doing! 

No coincidence that's the only one he goes the wrong way for. As the ball rolls back off the post, Beaton knows he's beaten.

Having watched the video of Sunday's match "from a different view", you clearly see that Hladky was no more off his line than Seigrist yet I don't remember seeing Beaton speak to him. We can easily start to sound paranoid over this, but it's difficult to argue in favour of Beaton's performance and decision making

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

54 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

12 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

No coincidence that's the only one he goes the wrong way for. As the ball rolls back off the post, Beaton knows he's beaten.

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.thumb.jpg.8428bd2ffedd86e8782ab3e413869ced.jpg

If you don't think the refs have been told to be lenient to the 'bigger' clubs then you really need to wake up.

It's fairly clear the SPFL and the SFA want United in the Premiership.  As do all Scottish football journalists and pundits.

1 hour ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Also maybe I've just done a good job at getting rid of the weirdos in our support from my twitter feed, but I've not seen a single United fan say that St. Johnstone are missing out on our away support.

Was he not meant to be pretty decent at Killie? Pascali made way for him and he was eventually captain. A Killie fan might shed better light on it@Dindeleux ? Agreed though, he looked permanently rattled over both legs.

He was reasonably good for us, I was disappointed when he left.

However he did play for us during one of shittest periods in our recent history so that may have skewed the view.