1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

There are Arabs in my office that, today, are back to the 'they have to make the league bigger' argument because, apparently, the SPL "just can't ignore" the enormous crowds that the Dundee Uniteds and Dunfermlines of the world generate.  To do so is apparently "unsustainable".

So yes, they are in effect arguing for promotion by way of gate size rather than actual performance. 

That's embarrassing.

I do think that the leagues should be made bigger, but not because shite teams like United and Dunfermline can get their way up without having to try. I just think it would make the league more entertaining. 

United had chances to win in both games. They didn't take them, they lost on penalties and St. Mirren deserve to stay up on merit. simple as.  

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Totally different as they're winning promotion.

It always looks a bit over the top when it's the team surviving the drop.

A bit of celebrating is fine but the whole shabang should be kept for teams getting promoted, or winning trophies. I didn't watch the celebrations yesterday so can't comment if they were ott.

But I always feel a team who does a st Johnstone or a livi don't get to celebrate despite performing considerably better all season. Hamilton got their celebrations last week, and that wasn't ott. Just relief.

I agree with the bit in bold, but that's always been the case. You're much more likely to celebrate staying up on the last day than you are if you finish comfortably midtable.

Yesterday was set up like a cup final, the atmosphere as as good as it's been in our new ground, nerves grew and grew, there were folk in absolute bits before the penalty shoot out, the players must have been the same. These emotions had been building for weeks. Ladbrokes also want several pictures taken with the team in front of the board and a video of the team in the changing room. In years gone by we wouldn't have seen the celebrations.

To use your example of St. Johnstone, they finished their season with a defeat away to Hamilton and in reality their season had finished weeks before. Did they have a better season than us? Of course, but it was nowhere near as emotional so the celebrations will always be more reserved.

FFS. Yes he's shite, as a manager and a pundit, but this is just guff that you're pedalling to try to convince yourself that finishing above the worst Premiership club in years and winning a play-off over an average championship club on penalties is in some way a great achievement.
And, again, not a criticism of the players celebrating, as I can understand the relief they must have felt.
If you c***s had not lay down to Accies we would not have been in the play off cheating b*****ds.

Right you, I'm quite happy for your team right now and support your right to celebrate, but I can't support this statement. This would never have happened.
Yes it would have we were fucking diabolical.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

When did United become so direct?  I'm guessing it's with the signing of Reynolds?  His default setting is launch it diagonally.  It's a good tactic to use with Sow and Safranko don't get me wrong. However they've spunked cash on Pawlett and Harkes to stand in the centre circle and watch the ball fly over their heads all game.  

Someone at the club not fancy having a quiet word in Reynold's ear?  Neilson obviously wants these two to dictate play but it doesn't really work when the other loanee chooses to completely miss them out.

If you watch Pawlett then missing him out is not a bad idea at all.

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 14:59, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 14:57, Romeo said:
Is St Mirren go down will they rename their stadium again?

It will always be the Simpleton Arena for me.

It will indeed

36 minutes ago, elvis said:
4 hours ago, PauloPerth said:
FFS. Yes he's shite, as a manager and a pundit, but this is just guff that you're pedalling to try to convince yourself that finishing above the worst Premiership club in years and winning a play-off over an average championship club on penalties is in some way a great achievement.
And, again, not a criticism of the players celebrating, as I can understand the relief they must have felt.

If you c***s had not lay down to Accies we would not have been in the play off cheating b*****ds.

5cec03b5959cc_giphy(16).gif.6cb74d08cda66c54998f7b8189cbb152.gif

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I said yesterday that at times we would have been better with me in there.

I'd have fucking scored a penalty as well.

Surely there must be a young, up and coming defender at United that would do a better job than that dumpling? He was rotten against Inverness too. Neilson seems to show a lot of loyalty to his players.