Only someone who isn't a football fan would begrudge a support, in this case The Buddies, celebrating after a match such as the play off final. Do you think these paid journalists will be so critical of Villa or Derby fans later today?
Totally different as they're winning promotion.

It always looks a bit over the top when it's the team surviving the drop.

A bit of celebrating is fine but the whole shabang should be kept for teams getting promoted, or winning trophies. I didn't watch the celebrations yesterday so can't comment if they were ott.

But I always feel a team who does a st Johnstone or a livi don't get to celebrate despite performing considerably better all season. Hamilton got their celebrations last week, and that wasn't ott. Just relief.

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That's exactly what Falkirk did last summer.  A fucking mental recruitment policy.  Seasoned English League 2 and National League players who are looking to prove a point is the way to go.

Falkirk signed the Chelsea under 23 captain and he was probably the worst player I have seen above 2nd Division/League One watching ICT.

There are some gems to be unearthed at that level, but to fill your squad with these guys is at best a massive risk and at worst fucking mental (to use your phrase).

These lads are probably decent players for their age but it's a different ball game playing against guys who have racked up hundreds of professional appearances. I reckon a lot come up expecting that they'll be able to waltz into the team and play every week then chuck it after a few weeks because they're not up to the standard.

25 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Your coming across as a bitter twat for no obvious reason. It's all finished now so irrelevant. You can only judge how you would react if you ever find your club in that situation, it's just a massive sense of relief. You seem a tad peeved that the Saints are getting praised for winning a playoff final while the fakes were basically ignored for finishing 7th.

Fucking hell you lot are touchy.

I've acknowledged several times I can understand the players and fans celebrating, would be a huge outpouring of relief after a nerve wracking few days.  Yes I'd be delighted too if it was Saints winning a play off. Absolutely entitled to celebrate.

I was merely disagreeing with st Mirren fans a few pages back who were claiming it to be a brilliant survival, and almost against the odds. No matter how poor Stubbs was for his 4 games in charge, I think Livi, for example, have a far better claim at a great against-the-odds-season, and Accies as well.  Dundee have had such a poor season I don't think finishing above them was that big an ask. That was it really, the only point I was making, disagreeing with a few posts on here, and nothing to do with emotion or celebrations.

Where St Johnstone finished is neither here nor there, I don't begrudge st Mirren their day in the limelight and I wanted them to win yesterday, was merely pointing out a few facts that you lads are taking the huff about.

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

There are some gems to be unearthed at that level, but to fill your squad with these guys is at best a massive risk and at worst fucking mental (to use your phrase).

These lads are probably decent players for their age but it's a different ball game playing against guys who have racked up hundreds of professional appearances. I reckon a lot come up expecting that they'll be able to waltz into the team and play every week then chuck it after a few weeks because they're not up to the standard.

Yep.  Ruben Sammut, the Chelsea lad I alluded to, is probably a very good player for the level he plays at, and like you say, when he's expected to come to a harsh, physical league and have the cigars out, it's a different story. He looked like a wee lost boy.  It's not his fault of course, more Paul Hartley's.  Think he was chucked after only about 9 games for Falkirk this season.

14 hours ago, B0baFatt said:

That will be because Livi beat them in the Semi Final last year and Accies beat them two years ago

Irrespective of how great a teams fans are perceived to be, if the players don’t perform in big games the club deserves to be playing in the Championship

Well said! Tired of hearing this nonsense about teams which 'deserve' to be in the top league. It is how many points you have, not how many supporters or how much money you have that determine a team's league position.

I suspect they don’t really give a f**k if you’ll be buying the dvd.

It’s an explosion of emotion after a pretty horrible season. It’s what footballs about and frankly the objective view of a st Johnstone or Aberdeen fan about what the acceptable level of celebration is doesn’t really matter.
Subjective, but aye.

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

A lot of people in the media, and a large percentage of fans too sadly, would love nothing more than a closed shop league where the 'biggest' twelve teams play each other until the end of time with no relegation out or promotion in.

The more teams that upset that viewpoint the better IMO.

Mon the diddies.

Aye, maybe they would like the league positions to be determined on a count of supporters. Then, we could eliminate all this time consuming nonsense of actually playing games. I mean, we all have other things we could be doing on a Saturday afternoon!

10 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

A lot of people in the media, and a large percentage of fans too sadly, would love nothing more than a closed shop league where the 'biggest' two teams play each other until the end of time with no relegation out or promotion in.

The more teams that upset that viewpoint the better IMO.

Mon the diddies.

FIFY

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Is there one single fucking moaning faced c**t from Perth who isn’t obsessed with St Mirren

Away and get a fucking life. 

They are like that with most teams. Best thing about being relegated is they will hopefully stay out of the Dundee forum for more than 10 minutes at a time.

I'm not reading through the full thread, so this may have been mentioned already. However, that ref from yesterday, if he is Premiership referee surly he will be demoted to the Championship next season. Oh wait... 

15 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Mark Connolly is an utter donkey. You will struggle to see a worse centre half in Scottish football.

I thought yesterday he was rubbish on the deck but good in the air.

Like a balloon.

When did United become so direct?  I'm guessing it's with the signing of Reynolds?  His default setting is launch it diagonally.  It's a good tactic to use with Sow and Safranko don't get me wrong. However they've spunked cash on Pawlett and Harkes to stand in the centre circle and watch the ball fly over their heads all game.  

Someone at the club not fancy having a quiet word in Reynold's ear?  Neilson obviously wants these two to dictate play but it doesn't really work when the other loanee chooses to completely miss them out.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Regardless of what you say, we WOULD have finished behind Dundee if it carried on, we would have very likely finished with a lower points total than even Gretna's liquidation season.

Right you, I'm quite happy for your team right now and support your right to celebrate, but I can't support this statement. This would never have happened.

49 minutes ago, Crawford said:

They are like that with most teams. Best thing about being relegated is they will hopefully stay out of the Dundee forum for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Hahaaaaa not a chance.

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I don't understand how any football fan can be surprised or confused by St Mirren's celebrations yesterday. All the pressure leading up to the game and knowing how important it is, and folk like Tom English and POTM seem to think you should just have a polite wee clap and then walk back to get your train home with a carton of Ribena.

Indeed.

Not seen #scenes like that since Falkirk scored a first half equaliser at Cappielow.

Pitch invasion to celebrate almost getting relegated by a dreadful Dundee United side. You can tell it's been a bad season for the Midden.
What would you know about celebrating? Its been a while

1 hour ago, hollerman said:

Aye, maybe they would like the league positions to be determined on a count of supporters. Then, we could eliminate all this time consuming nonsense of actually playing games. I mean, we all have other things we could be doing on a Saturday afternoon!

There are Arabs in my office that, today, are back to the 'they have to make the league bigger' argument because, apparently, the SPL "just can't ignore" the enormous crowds that the Dundee Uniteds and Dunfermlines of the world generate.  To do so is apparently "unsustainable".

So yes, they are in effect arguing for promotion by way of gate size rather than actual performance.