6 minutes ago, Stu said:

And only one of those on the bottle took a penalty - and next up seemingly was Cooke!

The fact yesterday seems to have annoyed both Tom English and Ewan Murray (the latter admittedly not difficult) makes it even sweeter.

Simeon Jackson is wrong too - should read panenka! I think the water bottle shows how much things have changed at the club that they probably couldn't find penalties from some of them but sure Cooke took some in the League Cup games. 

The fact Tom English is whining is tremendous. Ewan Murray is that bitter he'd have moaned either way before returning to get overly exited over golf, but the fact it was us probably winds him up even more as a Jambo and he'd be in tears from the cup final too. 

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I suspect they don’t really give a f**k if you’ll be buying the dvd.

It’s an explosion of emotion after a pretty horrible season. It’s what footballs about and frankly the objective view of a st Johnstone or Aberdeen fan about what the acceptable level of celebration is doesn’t really matter.

You haven't read what I wrote in the couple of posts I made on this.  I didn't comment on the celebrating. I said I understood the massive relief after the pressure of the play off matches and outpouring of emotion.

I was disagreeing with st Mirren fans going on about how dead and buried they were, and implying this was some kind of miraculous survival. Utter pish.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

I was disagreeing with st Mirren fans going on about how dead and buried they were, and implying this was some kind of miraculous survival. Utter pish.

Sums up your outpourings so far.

You have absolutely no idea what the state of our playing squad was like, unless you had witnessed them playing.

But keep digging...………..

27 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

It's brought up because it's the way things are in our league, it's not poor business management- clubs will spend all their budget every year to compete and we needed to spend at Premiership level this year. People are playing for their jobs and relegation to the Championship means less money all round and you have to make changes. Many contracts will have relegation release clauses or wage cut ones, and as we found out last time we were relegated, the good players are the ones that generally go or accept release because they can find better and you are left with the players that struggled. We also had video analysts and dietitians which were funded by fans in the Championship.  

I think Alan Burrows the CEO of Motherwell correctly points out the relief factor, the jobs and finances. Relegation is tough on a club. 

To be fair the premiership clubs had the chance to change it but voted against a re distribution of the prize money, I know Motherwell voted for it but we're in the minority, not sure about St Mirren

You haven't read what I wrote in the couple of posts I made on this.  I didn't comment on the celebrating. I said I understood the massive relief after the pressure of the play off matches and outpouring of emotion.

Apologies, you’re right I didn’t read through, just saw a few posts mocking the celebrations then read yours.

To be fair to them st Mirren of early season were absolutely dreadful. But Dundee were so bad that I agree you can’t really say st Mirren were totally dead and buried.

38 minutes ago, Doakes said:

You don't follow St Mirren if you want St Johnstone-style, mid table, dull, mediocrity. 

We're either really really good or really really shite. It's very rare we have a boring season, rollercoaster club. You'd need buddie to understand it fully :lol: 

Well this is clearly shite.  You haven't finished above 8th since the mid 1980's.  

34 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Eh, naw.  Stubbs assembled the worst pool of players ever to compete in the Premiership. OK had to bin them and start again from scratch in January so the players that are here now had every right to feel pleased with their achievements when we were dead and buried by September. f**k Alan Stubbs.

FFS. Yes he's shite, as a manager and a pundit, but this is just guff that you're pedalling to try to convince yourself that finishing above the worst Premiership club in years and winning a play-off over an average championship club on penalties is in some way a great achievement.

And, again, not a criticism of the players celebrating, as I can understand the relief they must have felt.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Well this is clearly shite.  You haven't finished above 8th since the mid 1980's.  

FFS. Yes he's shite, as a manager and a pundit, but this is just guff that you're pedalling to try to convince yourself that finishing above the worst Premiership club in years and winning a play-off over an average championship club on penalties is in some way a great achievement.

And, again, not a criticism of the players celebrating, as I can understand the relief they must have felt.

Stubbs signed a squad of English non-League part-timers and English U23s who had never ever played first team football in their lives, to compete in the Premiership. I doubt anyone on here had heard of any of them before. Josh Heaton for example was signed for £80k on a three year deal (one of the highest paid at the Club) from non-League Darlington. OK loaned him to non-League Kidderminster Harriers in January where he has started 2 games for them.  Unfortunately we still have him on contract for another 2 years. That was the worst Premiership team in years and not Dundee. The shite is being spouted by you as you have no idea of the squad Stubbs signed. I would have taken Dundee's squad all day long over ours last August.

19 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

We either win the league, flirt with relegation, get relegated or win a cup. Can't remember the last boring season we had!

3 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Stubbs signed a squad of English non-League part-timers and English U23s who had never ever played first team football in their lives, to compete in the Premiership. I doubt anyone on here had heard of any of them before. Josh Heaton for example was signed for £80k on a three year deal (one of the highest paid at the Club) from non-League Darlington. OK loaned him to non-League Kidderminster Harriers in January where he has started 2 games for them.  Unfortunately we still have him on contract for another 2 years. That was the worst Premiership team in years and not Dundee. The shite is being spouted by you as you have no idea of the squad Stubbs signed. I would have taken Dundee's squad all day long over ours last August.

So absolutely out of their depth that they got a penalty shootout victory over killie in Betfred group stages, and beat Dundee on the first day of the season.  Also managed a draw with the treble treble (double treble at the time) winners in Kearney's first game in charge. 

But you keep kidding yourself that your Jossie's Giants have just pulled off the greatest footballing miracle of all time.

There are stats that provide a clear picture on the worst Premiership team in years.  St Mirren are undoubtedly shite, but it's not them.

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

So absolutely out of their depth that they got a penalty shootout victory over killie in Betfred group stages, and beat Dundee on the first day of the season.  Also managed a draw with the treble treble (double treble at the time) winners in Kearney's first game in charge. 

But you keep kidding yourself that your Jossie's Giants have just pulled off the greatest footballing miracle of all time.

There are stats that provide a clear picture on the worst Premiership team in years.  St Mirren are undoubtedly shite, but it's not them.

Your coming across as a bitter twat for no obvious reason. It's all finished now so irrelevant. You can only judge how you would react if you ever find your club in that situation, it's just a massive sense of relief. You seem a tad peeved that the Saints are getting praised for winning a playoff final while the fakes were basically ignored for finishing 7th.

Having watched our first game v Dundee at McDiarmid when we won 1-0 and then our first game v St Mirren also at McDiarmid when we won 2-0, I'd have said that Dundee looked slightly the better of the two at that stage of the season. By the time I saw both teams in the 2nd half of the season I'd say Dundee looked far the poorer of the two.
St Mirren and their fans are fully entitled to celebrate staying up. Of course they are.

Great stuff, absolutely brilliant yesterday. Obviously I'm biased, but at times it just felt everything was against us. A soft penalty,  a soft red card, a ton of injuries and a team that looked dead on their feet in the last 15 mins of normal time. Not only that, but when we did have chances their goalkeeper was superb, but we hung in there, and were definitely the better team over the two legs.

The scenes at the end were beautiful, a pure, joyous outpouring of emotion, from the players and the fans. The McGinn brothers interviews on Radio Scotland are amazing, you can hear how much it meant to them after the disgraceful hatchet job Stubbs did on the club. 

I hope Kearney stays, and I would have said that whatever league we were in. It'll be another rebuilding job in the summer, I expect another big turnover of players, hopefully next season can be a little less traumatic.

35 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Stubbs signed a squad of English non-League part-timers and English U23s who had never ever played first team football in their lives,

That's exactly what Falkirk did last summer.  A fucking mental recruitment policy.  Seasoned English League 2 and National League players who are looking to prove a point is the way to go.

Falkirk signed the Chelsea under 23 captain and he was probably the worst player I have seen above 2nd Division/League One watching ICT.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That's exactly what Falkirk did last summer.  A fucking mental recruitment policy.  Seasoned English League 2 and National League players who are looking to prove a point is the way to go.

Falkirk signed the Chelsea under 23 captain and he was probably the worst player I have seen above 2nd Division/League One watching ICT.

You see some of these guys come up from the youth teams of big clubs in England and wonder how the f**k they ever managed to get to that club in the first place, never mind still be there in their early 20's. We had the Southampton U23 captain, who was brutally out his depth up here. I was at his first game (I think) when he got an absolute schooling from Curtis Main and I've never seen a player look so shocked! To be fair, he was one of Stubbs better signings as well. Matty Willock was another, he's at Man United still, aged 22 and he's fucking shite. He's championship level at best.

Edited by GAD