1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Pitch invasion to celebrate almost getting relegated by a dreadful Dundee United side. You can tell it's been a bad season for the Midden.

I can remember United fans pitch invaded when they beat Airdrie in a cup match a few seasons ago. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Look, I'll be the first to admit the Pars are fucking shite m8.

Doesn't mean yesterday's celebrations weren't a tad cringy to the neutral.

Maybe some neutrals.

However, many neutrals actually appreciated the horrendous state Stubbs left us in, and appreciated what an achievement it was to remain unbeaten in our last nine games and to retain top league survival.

I certainly wouldn't criticise any club for celebrating survival in the top league, given the relative financial boost compared with a few years in the championship. We could quite easily have gone the way of Falkirk a couple of seasons ago, so I don't think our celebrations yesterday were out of place.

Plus Dundee is a shithole and it means I don't have to go there next season. Another reason for celebration.:thumsup2

37 minutes ago, Doakes said:

From where we were under Stubbs it was a fantastic achievement to stay up. Well worth a pitch invasion. McCoist was loving it in the BT box 

He's big pals with Gus so will have been loving it.

Alex Rae, while continuing to offer little as a pundit, was actually not that bad yesterday either. Also, massive credit to BT for sticking with the celebrations. I was expecting a cut to adverts, 30 seconds' analysis and then end of show.

37 minutes ago, Doakes said:

From where we were under Stubbs it was a fantastic achievement to stay up. Well worth a pitch invasion. McCoist was loving it in the BT box 

He's big pals with Gus so will have been loving it.

Alex Rae, while continuing to offer little as a pundit, was actually not that bad yesterday either. Also, massive credit to BT for sticking with the celebrations. I was expecting a cut to adverts, 30 seconds' analysis and then end of show.

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Maybe some neutrals.

However, many neutrals actually appreciated the horrendous state Stubbs left us in, and appreciated what an achievement it was to remain unbeaten in our last nine games and to retain top league survival.

I certainly wouldn't criticise any club for celebrating survival in the top league, given the relative financial boost compared with a few years in the championship. We could quite easily have gone the way of Falkirk a couple of seasons ago, so I don't think our celebrations yesterday were out of place.

Plus Dundee is a shithole and it means I don't have to go there next season. Another reason for celebration.:thumsup2

Just jealous our jute, jam and junkies are world famous imo.

39 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't understand how any football fan can be surprised or confused by St Mirren's celebrations yesterday. All the pressure leading up to the game and knowing how important it is, and folk like Tom English and POTM seem to think you should just have a polite wee clap and then walk back to get your train home with a carton of Ribena.

Do they not understand that the prize is the same for both sides?  Whether it's promotion or not relegation it's still a place in the premiership at stake

46 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't understand how any football fan can be surprised or confused by St Mirren's celebrations yesterday. All the pressure leading up to the game and knowing how important it is, and folk like Tom English and POTM seem to think you should just have a polite wee clap and then walk back to get your train home with a carton of Ribena.

POTM is one of those fans who takes great delight in watching other teams rather than actaully going and watching his own. He's a bit odd.

Tom English used to be a refreshing listen/read when he first got employed by BBC Scotland.  Now he's had any non-OF bias beated out of him and has turned into the biggest fud going.

Don't worry that it will be another year in the championship without parachute payments, uncle Robbie says United have "awoken" [emoji38]
Screenshot_20190526_231953_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.a252e3f3dc087b38b8271e099ed1a0f0.jpg
It's the use of "again" that is interesting. Not sure how many times a "sleeping giant" can be awoken again before they are no longer the sleeping giant they are perceived to be.