1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

The play offs are horrendous and no doubt take years off your life. Dont understand why we didnt just win the league and leave this nonsense to other teams?

that's why we decided to chuck the towel in and just go straight doon….f**k this shit....imagine if it was a derby...the drug dealers in Dundee would be working overtime

6 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

that's why we decided to chuck the towel in and just go straight doon….f**k this shit....imagine if it was a derby...the drug dealers in Dundee would be working overtime

they probably don’t need much more work tbf but I see your point.

Have you not got some pictures you can post, there's a good lad.

That’ll be deflection and an unequivocal ‘no’ to the test of Dundee United’s owner spending his own money next season then.

You hate to see it happen.

IMG_0697.jpg

VT using an awful lot of words (most of them shite) there to try (and fail) to make something out of a total non issue.

An awful lot of parentheses to couch yet another utterly shit, zero pointer contribution from yourself tbh.

Better luck next time.

IMG_1450.jpg

Playoffs are great fun hm?

First time St Mirren have ever been in them. We usually go straight down or straight up.

Indeed first time we’ve played a two legged competitive tie since... The European adventures of the 80’s?

More of this kinda thing. Loving the 2 day long half time break, it’s like extended pie queue banter on steroids.

Can’t wait for tomorrow. It’s going to be totes emosh either way.

Strap in.

Much ridicule has been deservedly aimed our way at the predicament we've found ourselves in over the past few years, but from anyone's perspective, to equate Dundee Utd's promotion efforts to a "Brooks Mileson-esque fantasy" is surely stretching the limits of permissible banter.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

He backed him in January because big-spending Ross County were in the division and your club - ridiculously - thought that you could still challenge them from far behind them in the table at the halfway point. That investment might get you through the playoffs anyway, but that remains to be seen.

Next season is an entirely different matter. Why would an owner chuck more of his own money in when your club’s turnover and budget would start off much higher than any other club the division? The onus will instead be on Neilson to get the best out of that major advantage. If he doesn’t though, you fail again.

That’s what will actually happen if you stay down, as opposed to the logic-free, Brooks Mileson-esque fantasy that Dundee United fans want to eagerly gobble up for some bizarre reason.

I'm really not sure where to start with this.

The owner has owned more than one sports club so is not going in with his eyes closed. Also has people with decent footballing  knowledge and experience.

He backed Neilson heavily in January. From Tuesday's Q&A the investment was to stop a major change in the summer. The direct quote from the Chairman was no promotion was "not the end of the world". Four player are ready to be announced no matter the league we are in.

The owner has stated that money has been invested for the academy, available for the playing side, commercial side, etc. He has stated his plans for the club. They are not unachievable.

There is no Gretna-esque fantasy. Really do not understand why unconnected fans, ignorant of statements or full facts rabbit on on their own made up fantasy. 

Like all clubs we have fans that blindly follow and give it large about owners, just like Morton do as we are all aware. Having said that I've not met any United fans personally that have, there have lots of questions asked and to be fair still are being asked of the new regime. 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

He backed him in January because big-spending Ross County were in the division and your club - ridiculously - thought that you could still challenge them from far behind them in the table at the halfway point. That investment might get you through the playoffs anyway, but that remains to be seen.

Next season is an entirely different matter. Why would an owner chuck more of his own money in when your club’s turnover and budget would start off much higher than any other club the division? The onus will instead be on Neilson to get the best out of that major advantage. If he doesn’t though, you fail again.

That’s what will actually happen if you stay down, as opposed to the logic-free, Brooks Mileson-esque fantasy that Dundee United fans want to eagerly gobble up for some bizarre reason.

Utter. Fucking. Pish.

I'd be happy to debate this at any other time, but all I can think about just now is tomorrow, which involves neither you  nor Greenock Morton.

If it all goes wrong, and therefore your team are still relevant,  perhaps we can pick this up again. 

Fanny.

I had some really profound things to say, but as I’ve been drinking heavily, it’s all a bit of a blur now. Should we not prevail tomorrow, the consolation is that it feels like we are moving in the right direction, and that at least the support don’t hate the owner now. Real progress. The atmosphere at tannadice has been fantastic for the play offs, and if nothing else else, it’s a sign we can still draw on a big core support that loves United.

I’d start with Pav and Sow tomorrow, keep,Clark in reserve, should we need a burst of pace in the final 20, or it goto penalties.

Sleep tight folks, it’s going to be emotional tomorrow

I think we go into the game as underdogs simply on the basis that St. Mirren have been playing shite against good teams, where as we've been  shite for long spells against shite teams this season.

We have been notably better for half a dozen games or so but we're still a bit of a bombscare at the back as was seen the other night. Mind you, the Maureens didnt look too clever either.

We can certainly win this, we are capable. We are also capable of throwing one in and being the masters of our own downfall. 

For me, if we start with 1 up front it has to be Pav. Probably his last game for us, biggest game of the season and Sow wants to do all the fancy rather than just get the ball down and pick a pass or generally be direct.

Id probably opt for Booth and Robson rather than Pawlett left mudfield as hes been gash due to either being hugely unfit or carrying an injury.

Keeper

Watson Connelly Reynolds Booth

Bouhenna Harkes

McMullan.      Clark.        Robson

Safranko

Could play Sow and Pav up front but that would be a bit too balls out for Robbie from the off i think. Maybe if we go a goal down or are going for it woth 20 to go we may see it. I wouldnt be against it though.

Last game of the season, please just do enough to get the f**k out of this league lads!

Edited by mishtergrolsch

7 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Dundee Utd are hopeless, I’d take relegation as there are some tasty away days in the first division. However, losing to the guff Utd have filled their squad with would be embarrassing.

You can only go down one division IF you lose today....

Anyway, tough one to call even after Thursday’s goalless draw. Both teams have been on decent form. Not really bothered who comes down next season so may the best team (on the day) win! 

I’ll still probably stick a fiver on the Yinited just to hex them :angel