1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

How long can Utd afford to sit about in the Championship for?

At least another year according to our rolling in cash American Overlord.

22 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

How long can Utd afford to sit about in the Championship for?

The clock was essentially reset financially when Ogren came in. He's been clear that he'll support Neilson with whatever tools he needs  season to get promoted if we don't go up tomorrow.

If we don't go up next season he might start rethinking how much fun he's having pouring money into a championship club.

As a neutral, St Mirren looked the more likely team to score, as they were dangerous on the break.

I feel Utd missed there best chance at home with the big crowd and would make St Mirren favourites now.

Neilson has improved Utd though and should they lose tomorrow must surely be favourites to win the championship next season.

The clock was essentially reset financially when Ogren came in. He's been clear that he'll support Neilson with whatever tools he needs  season to get promoted if we don't go up tomorrow.

Do you have credible evidence for that claim? Because if I were Ogren looking at next season’s potential Championship, the tools needed ought to be ‘what revenue the club takes in and no more’. Ross County are gone already so there’s no souped-up outfit to compete with.

I don’t see why he would feel the need to shell out anything at all next season until you’ve already Falkirked it by January. And by then it would be too late for anything more than the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Do you have credible evidence for that claim? Because if I were Ogren looking at next season’s potential Championship, the tools needed ought to be ‘what revenue the club takes in and no more’. Ross County are gone already so there’s no souped-up outfit to compete with.

I don’t see why he would feel the need to shell out anything at all next season until you’ve already Falkirked it by January. And by then it would be too late for anything more than the playoffs.

Stop talking pish.

He backed the manager in January and him and the sporting director, Tony Ashgar, have already said the budget won’t be too dissimilar if we don’t go up and it won’t be the end of the world if we don’t win tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Right lads, if we all go to our beds just now with clear heads and no distractions, we should drop off somewhere between 5am and 6am. 

Shiteing it. 

Calm yourself, it’s only United you’re playing.

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Right lads, if we all go to our beds just now with clear heads and no distractions, we should drop off somewhere between 5am and 6am. 

Shiteing it. 

Optimistic imo. 

Just now, oaksoft said:

Strangely enough I am actually feeling pretty confident about tomorrow. Utd have blown their chance at home and I don't reckon they have another gear. We, on the other hand, do have a few more gears to go through.

I think that by the hour mark we will be two goals ahead and wondering what all the stress was about.

Hope your players believe that too. 

25 minutes ago, virginton said:

Credible evidence ffs. Dearie me. 

Stop talking pish.

He backed the manager in January and him and the sporting director, Tony Ashgar, have already said the budget won’t be too dissimilar if we don’t go up and it won’t be the end of the world if we don’t win tomorrow.

He backed him in January because big-spending Ross County were in the division and your club - ridiculously - thought that you could still challenge them from far behind them in the table at the halfway point. That investment might get you through the playoffs anyway, but that remains to be seen.

Next season is an entirely different matter. Why would an owner chuck more of his own money in when your club’s turnover and budget would start off much higher than any other club the division? The onus will instead be on Neilson to get the best out of that major advantage. If he doesn’t though, you fail again.

That’s what will actually happen if you stay down, as opposed to the logic-free, Brooks Mileson-esque fantasy that Dundee United fans want to eagerly gobble up for some bizarre reason.

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

VT using an awful lot of words (most of them shite) there to try (and fail) to make something out of a total non issue.

Standard, really. The endless Ainsley Harriott memes are tedious as hell, but it beats the hell out of when he uses actual words.