5 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Safranko will start on the left on Sunday instead of Pawlett. 

Sow and Clarke up front for the first half and then Safranko will move up top when United will inevitably be chasing the game. 

Sow shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting lineup.  He slows the game right down.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Sow shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting lineup.  He slows the game right down.

But if the final goes to 15 replays, he should eventually get the winner.

6 hours ago, Bohemian said:

In fairness they will need to make quite alot of them if they are to avoid 12th spot 

They'd both be in a scrap with Hamilton, Livingston and Ross County, but if we could hang on to our current team I'd be reasonably confident of avoiding 12th. 

Considering how we looked at Christmas, I think at that point, if any Saints fans were offered a one off home game, starting at 0-0 against lower league opposition to stay in the division, we'd have been delighted. 

Last night was only our 2nd away clean sheet of the entire season outwith cups. One of life's certainties is that we'll concede on the road so the fact the Utd couldn't get through is encouraging. 

23 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Considering how we looked in September, I think at that point, if any United fans were offered a one off home game, starting at 0-0 against 11th place opposition to get promoted, we'd have been delighted. 

FTFY for the United perspective. I think both sets of fans are accepting of the balance of the tie and that makes it very tough to call (although I still see St.Mirren as slight favourites). Both clubs will fancy their chances on Sunday and rightly so.

2 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

FTFY for the United perspective. I think both sets of fans are accepting of the balance of the tie and that makes it very tough to call (although I still see St.Mirren as slight favourites). Both clubs will fancy their chances on Sunday and rightly so.

Agreed. This has a goal in it either way, tops. 

I don't think my heart or underpants could handle a penalty shootout. 

I don’t understand United fans sometimes. The best shot on target they had all game was when Reynolds had that bullet header that almost went in his own net. They’ll probably win on Sunday though because it would be the cherry on top of the shitcake of a season Dundee fans have endured.

Still  50/50 I reckon. 

Interesting to note that, despite the huge influx of players in January (signed a whole new team), the United side that finished the game last night had just three of those players. 

Quality over quantity in January might have served us better 

1 minute ago, K.T said:

I don’t understand United fans sometimes. The best shot on target they had all game was when Reynolds had that bullet header that almost went in his own net. They’ll probably win on Sunday though because it would be the cherry on top of the shitcake of a season Dundee fans have endured.

:lol:  Another Funster who will be in tears if we win on Sunday.

Neilson will have an option, play a striker who might become s good player for us or play a striker who has proven to be a good player for us,

I’m not convinced he will make the right call.

:lol:  Another Funster who will be in tears if we win on Sunday.
Neilson will have an option, play a striker who might become s good player for us or play a striker who has proven to be a good player for us,
I’m not convinced he will make the right call.

Not tears, GD. A minute or so of profanities maybe and then texting my dab mate to congratulate him. The derbies would be nice to have next season though.

Madden and Beaton are not referees you would want officiating a game which will decide the short term (and possibly longer term) future of your club. Look on the bright side though at least you won"t have Barry Cook as referee. He doesn't know the difference between a legitimate 'goal' and a 'throw in'! Worst decision I have ever seen. 

BTW read recently the Jags have been ordered by the SFA never to comment publicly on our 'ghost' goal v Morton. 

TBH I can't think of any Scottish referee I would want involved in this game though Collum has I think improved over the last couple of years. Rest are very poor. 

Best of luck to both teams though have to say I am hoping the Paisley Buddies win (used to live near Paisley.