10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

With regards to your last point, as my elder son pointed out to me tonight St Mirren playing three across the back with wingbacks minimised McMullan’s normal effect.  Having him and Safranko running directly at the back three might have more of an impact.

I can see that point, but McMullan was still influential out on the right in the first half despite that. My concern after tonight is that if we put him up front then we have no one capable of offering a decent supply to the forwards.

Pawlett, while providing decent defensive cover, did nothing going forward tonight. Harkes and Bouhenna didn't offer much there either, even before Connolly and Reynolds decided to bypass them and resorted to hoofing the ball forward for almost the entire second half.

That's why I was really on board with the Stanton sub tonight. An extra body in midfield, capable of moving forward with the ball, should have encouraged us against going for aimless, hopeful long punts. Unfortunately it didn't pay off.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Allan Preston : "Watching that tonight, St Mirren are the better players they showed that.. but let me tell you, after watching that tonight, United will fancy it on Sunday" 

:wacko:

I'd like to break some Biscuits.

It would be BRULLLYANNNTTT!

I wouldn't bet on it, they've managed to not lose a couple of games and somehow everyones decided they're on the up.
They've not won a match against 11 men since mid-March, I believe.

Good point however, as you would say, ‘worth mentioning’ that all those teams started with 11 men on the pitch and each managed to have a man sent off while stopping a St Mirren attack.

2 rotten teams played tonight. Don’t understand why Kearney waited until 89th minute to make a sub with both Cooke & McAllister blowing out their arses much earlier. United are just as crap as Saints. Whoever is in the Premiership next season will most likely be involved in this fixture this time next year.

1 minute ago, buddie06smfc said:

Good point however, as you would say, ‘worth mentioning’ that all those teams started with 11 men on the pitch and each managed to have a man sent off while stopping a St Mirren attack.

2 rotten teams played tonight. Don’t understand why Kearney waited until 89th minute to make a sub with both Cooke & McAllister blowing out their arses much earlier. United are just as crap as Saints. Whoever is in the Premiership next season will most likely be involved in this fixture this time next year.

Aye cos whoever is in the Premiership will just stick with the exact same squad and won't make any signings at all

24 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Worth mentioning that the attack against Livi was very fortunate in that one of your players was playing a short pass square across the field and Lawson tried to cut it out but managed to play a perfect through ball; your attacker then never had it under control before being brought down by Halkett. But I’m not bitter :lol: 

Clearly, I have no place in this thread (this season at least) but I did spend money at the pub and feel like I deserved a better game.

Edited by crispy

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye cos whoever is in the Premiership will just stick with the exact same squad and won't make any signings at all

In fairness they will need to make quite alot of them if they are to avoid 12th spot 

Just now, Buddie Holly said:

he was terrible tonight.

Awful performance. He actually looked lazy, he was so badly out of position it was unbelievable.

I've never seen so many fouls go against one player without a booking as happened with Connolly (who looked rotten, I thought).

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Awful performance. He actually looked lazy, he was so badly out of position it was unbelievable.

I've never seen so many fouls go against one player without a booking as happened with Connolly (who looked rotten, I thought).

2 utd players head the ball one after the other and it's a goal kick. 

6 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

2 utd players head the ball one after the other and it's a goal kick. 

Me and my pal discussed that should be a rule . there is a reasonable amount of skill to get it off the park by two consecutive players without it touching the ground, That should mean its a by kick