1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I suspect because it's 0-0 but I can see why someone lacking like yourself would struggle with that concept. 

They had the better chances and limited you to., what, 1?

Why would they change that? 

If anything it's United that need to go gung ho and try to break St Mirren down. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

No one is grappling straws more than you with this fucking Nelson patter.

Brutal.

If you are a United fan and can't see Nelson fucked up with the subs then I'm more than happy. Work than one out. This was a result for St Mirren away from home in a Dundee United full house. Sorry mate Nelson blow it. 

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

I suspect because it's 0-0 but I can see why someone lacking like yourself would struggle with that concept. 

yet do you not also need to open up and go for it...and if that was you going for it tonight I pity you...for a team that only came to park the bus st mirren did a good job of keeping your keeper so busy that he got voted man of the match....so why would they need to open up when they know the tactics they played tonight was good enough to hold you to a draw and in truth deserved a win...

9 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

yet do you not also need to open up and go for it...and if that was you going for it tonight I pity you...for a team that only came to park the bus st mirren did a good job of keeping your keeper so busy that he got voted man of the match....so why would they need to open up when they know the tactics they played tonight was good enough to hold you to a draw and in truth deserved a win...

Benji got man of the match because he made two great saves that kept united in the game. 

Apart from the two saves he made I'm struggling to think of any others. 

Hardly like the St Mirren team were battering the goal was it :1eye

4 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Benji got man of the match because he made two great saves that kept united in the game. 

Apart from the two saves he made I'm struggling to think of any others. 

Hardly like the St Mirren team were battering the goal was it :1eye

Screenshot_20190523-231638.png

so yir keeper only made 2 saves that kept united in the game( I counted 3 but hey ho) and yet st mirren came for a draw and will have to open up on sunday...I think not only 1 team will have to change the way they played after tonight and its not the one from the west coast.

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There is nothing to suggest that Neilson thinks he is making a mistake therefore he will not learn from it he will simply repeat it.

We must start with Safranko and Clark, alternately Safranko and McMullan, up top on Sunday but I’ll be amazed if we do.

We have the players to beat St Mirren, I’m not sure we have the manager to beat them.

I'm taking hope from the fact the Sow sub was the first one Neilson made, without any sign that it was due to injury.

If Safranko starts on the bench on Sunday despite being fully fit just to accommodate Sow and we lose, Neilson's judgement will deservedly be getting questioned over the summer.

Not keen on McMullan being used up front though. Doing that we lose his creativity on the wing. It also further encourages our defenders to just punt the ball long, knowing he's willing to chase down scraps.

Just now, captainkev said:

I'm taking hope from the fact the Sow sub was the first one Neilson made, without any sign that it was due to injury.

If Safranko starts on the bench on Sunday despite being fully fit just to accommodate Sow and we lose, Neilson's judgement will deservedly be getting questioned over the summer.

Not keen on McMullan being used up front though. Doing that we lose his creativity on the wing. It also further encourages our defenders to just punt the ball long, knowing he's willing to chase down scraps.

With regards to your last point, as my elder son pointed out to me tonight St Mirren playing three across the back with wingbacks minimised McMullan’s normal effect.  Having him and Safranko running directly at the back three might have more of an impact.

3 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

so yir keeper only made 2 saves that kept united in the game( I counted 3 but hey ho) and yet st mirren came for a draw and will have to open up on sunday...I think not only 1 team will have to change the way they played after tonight and its not the one from the west coast.

Can only tell you Robbie Nelson made a big mistake tonight . As a United fan you can't see it. As a Saints fan it gives me big hope. Sunday will tell. 

22 minutes ago, Dele said:

f**k knows how your restuarant survives btw. 

Ah, yes, the mythical restaurant.

If by some deity it's true, I assume it's run by someone who is intelligent enough to keep him very VERY far away from it.

Probably still got him looking for the long stand or the blinking fluid.

6 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Can only tell you Robbie Nelson made a big mistake tonight . As a United fan you can't see it. As a Saints fan it gives me big hope. Sunday will tell. 

Who is this Nelson guy?