34 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Both teams tried hard but, let's be honest, neither are bringing anything to the big league next season.

Why not just forget about Sunday, both these teams play in the championship, and the spfl do a raffle to select a random smaller club to take the final Premiership place for a novelty?

Someone who's never likely to make the Premiership themselves, like an Elgin City, Annan or Falkirk.

Shame I can only give this one greenie, had all the hallmarks of a classic post. Really covered all the bases.  putitthere.png.7a5244c7d067cbecbd42d2cb4626c8d2.png

After a 0-0 draw in their first away game of this season St Mirren fans were convinced they were for a top six spot.  Now after a 0-0 draw in their final away game they might just be starting to get convinced that they will be a bottom 6 team in the top flight next season.

Hope you've enjoyed the season lads. 

33 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I can’t remember the last time a team came to Tannadice and had so little intention of trying to score.

They were time wasting from well inside the first half.

As for United, just shite. If your central tactic is to get Reynolds and Connolly to launch it upfield, you deserve fcuk all.

And I have no earthly idea why Safranko isn’t getting a start - just bizarre!

Another year in the championship awaits Dundee United. Your close but not quite there St Mirren will beat you in Paisley. In the second half you were poor fell away.  Nelson made huge mistakes the subs made you worse . From my point of view happy days bring it on United are down and out. Sorry mate. 

2 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Back to the game. Is Sanfranko unfit, no idea why he isn't starting?

There was an illness problem that saw him come off during the first leg of the semi-final and start on the bench in the second leg.

I can sort of understand Neilson's thought process with that starting line-up. Clark looked sharp coming on in the first leg against ICT and looked worth sticking with. Sow finally got his first goal for the club on Friday and it was  perhaps worth persevering with him to help his confidence, especially as it feels  unlikely - to me at least - that Safranko will be here next season. 

Sow didn't do nearly enough tonight though. By the time Safranko got on the game had slipped away from us.

Its crucial that Neilson doesn't make the same mistake on Sunday now. Safranko has to start.

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

Another year in the championship awaits Dundee United. Your close but not quite there St Mirren will beat you in Paisley. In the second half you were poor fell away.  Nelson made huge mistakes the subs made you worse . From my point of view happy days bring it on United are down and out. Sorry mate. 

Wow. As soon as you open up we will see where the teams are. 

6 minutes ago, captainkev said:

There was an illness problem that saw him come off during the first leg of the semi-final and start on the bench in the second leg.

I can sort of understand Neilson's thought process with that starting line-up. Clark looked sharp coming on in the first leg against ICT and looked worth sticking with. Sow finally got his first goal for the club on Friday and it was  perhaps worth persevering with him to help his confidence, especially as it feels  unlikely - to me at least - that Safranko will be here next season. 

Sow didn't do nearly enough tonight though. By the time Safranko got on the game had slipped away from us.

Its crucial that Neilson doesn't make the same mistake on Sunday now. Safranko has to start.

There is nothing to suggest that Neilson thinks he is making a mistake therefore he will not learn from it he will simply repeat it.

We must start with Safranko and Clark, alternately Safranko and McMullan, up top on Sunday but I’ll be amazed if we do.

We have the players to beat St Mirren, I’m not sure we have the manager to beat them.

14 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

You should be in the premiership won't argue against  that you are a bigger club than St Mirren. We will beat you at home we are on fire . Still I get your optimism . From my pointof view absolutely delighted can't see us losing  this. Sorry. 

Edited by Demented Zebra

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Some balls to post this TBF.

Kudos.

Aye balls in the net against United. Sorry you were very poor the second half expected a lot more from United. Nelson made huge mistakes tonight in the second half. Nelson was grappling straws. He failed. 

5 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

why would they need to open up....they didn't tonight yet still had the better chances.

It's the sense of entitlement, it's exactly what's held them back for years. 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

It's the sense of entitlement, it's exactly what's held them back for years. 

aye they seem to think that getting a 0-0 draw at home (which their keeper was man of the match) is a great result and the pressure is now on st mirren 

5 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

You should be in the premiership won't argue against  that you are a bigger club than St Mirren. We will beat you at home we are on fire . Still I get your optimism and need to happen. From my pointof view absolutely delighted can't see us losing  this. Sorry. 

OK. Struggling to see the confidence begin this but as you were. 

2 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Aye balls in the net against United. Sorry you were very poor the second half expected a lot more from United. Nelson made huge mistakes tonight in the second half. Nelson was grappling straws. He failed. 

Hamilton Accies were very poor in the second half I agree. 

Was like they didn't even show up. 

No one is grappling straws more than you with this fucking Nelson patter.

Brutal.

Just now, Demented Zebra said:

Its budget that has held us back. No debt work within our means. We have to  keep Morton afloat the kind souls we are. 

f**k knows how your restuarant survives btw. 

20 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

17 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

OK. Struggling to see the confidence begin this but as you were. 

I'm having an aneurysm trying to decipher what's happening here.