19 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

I must admit I am feeling nervous. I am also confident, not hugely but I do feel confident that we'll do it this year.  

The reason for this is for all the SC finals before 94 there was a buzz, confidence, but this nagging doubt. 1994 and 2010  were different, there was a belief, a feeling it was our time, something that 2014 did not have. 

The playoffs last year and year before didn't have that belief, even with the large crowd at Tannadice against Accies.

This year feels a bit like 94 and 2010, when you speak to folk and on line etc. The United fans will probably know what I mean.

There is always the caveat though, the Eddie Thompson final had the same buzz, but it wasn't to be, so I'm fully aware that the above may come back and bite me on the arse!

Never the less roll on kick off.

That sounds like hindsight talking. I was confident in 2010 but I was also confident in 1987. The rest I was probably expecting the worst (and was usually proven correct). I certainly don't remember going into the '94 game with any confidence at all.

10 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

That sounds like hindsight talking. I was confident in 2010 but I was also confident in 1987. The rest I was probably expecting the worst (and was usually proven correct). I certainly don't remember going into the '94 game with any confidence at all.

Ah, 1987 .......

I vividly remember awaiting the semi-final draw with us, Dundee Utd, Dundee and Hearts as the last four. Every St Mirren fan desperately hoping to be drawn against Hearts or Dundee because if we could get a final against Dundee Utd we knew we would be in with a huge chance against those utter bottle merchants.

And so it came to pass ...........

Let's hope the current crop of Dundee Utd players shit their pants tonight and also on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

What's it like never to have seen your team in the premiership or lift major  trophies. At least you have seen most of Scotland having been in the 4th league. How is all our hand me downs from Love Street doing ? Flood lights , PDE  stand,,  seats. When you were going to the wall financially we gave you a friendly game came in thousands to fill your buckets with cash.  When are you coming to crawl next. 

What's it like to tan a bottle of Grants on a Thursday lunchtime before thumping out this mess of a post?

46 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I was very confident in 94 & certainly the folk I knew and went to the game with were. Maybe also my particular circumstances leading up to that game too but certainly felt that way to me. Either that or it was Ivan's velvet tongue!!!

Edited by Tannadeechee

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

What's it like to tan a bottle of Grants on a Thursday lunchtime before thumping out this mess of a post?

Let me guess Pret Manger did not deliver out of date free sandwiches today.  I have my own restaurant I'm sure I could ruffle you up something. 

Edited by Demented Zebra

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

What's it like never to have seen your team in the premiership or lift major  trophies. At least you have seen most of Scotland having been in the 4th league. How is all our hand me downs from Love Street doing ? Flood lights , PDE  stand,,  seats. When you were going to the wall financially we gave you a friendly game came in thousands to fill your buckets with cash.  When are you coming to crawl next. 

You really should not let Morton  fans get to you like that, it's not good for the health. 

On the other hand those couple of Dundee fans in Broughty Ferry this lunch time backing St Mirren :angry::angry::angry:should be thrown to the bottom of the Tay.

18 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
Let me guess Pret Manger did not deliver out of date free sandwiches today.  I have my own restaurant I'm sure I could ruffle you up something. 

What restaurant do you own ?

I don't think Pie & Bovril is the place for P.R. Thank you :lol: TripAdvisor has been good for me . 

19 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

What restaurant do you own ?

Yeah I’d like to avoid it too.

12 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

On the other hand those couple of Dundee fans in Broughty Ferry this lunch time backing St Mirren :angry::angry::angry:should be thrown to the bottom of the Tay.

If it was Dundee playing St Mirren in the final I would be wearing black and white and sporting a flat cap having changed my name to Maureen by deed poll.

19 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

In all seriousness, what the f**k did you expect? 

1 hour ago, CaspianChris said:

Andrew Dallas he loves a penalty or four against them :):).

I wouldn't have been against Dallas getting either game. Our orange kit would likely have been enough to convince him to chuck the odd four or five penalties our way.

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

In all seriousness, what the f**k did you expect? 

How’s our resident ‘shite at wheelchair races’ guy holding up?  This will be an emotional few days for you.

By Sunday night (Scottish time) you will either be deliriously happy or plunged into absolute despair, all due to a game between two teams neither of which you support.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

I thought we were going to get pumped in 94. 

I was confident with a slight tinge of the fear in 2010.

I really don’t know about tonight or Sunday.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

I thought we were going to get pumped in 94. 

I was confident with a slight tinge of the fear in 2010.

I really don’t know about tonight or Sunday.

I wish I could remember ‘94.

I wish I could remember 2010.

I hope I can remember tonight tomorrow.  Or maybe not.