I think both St.Mirren and United have made big mistakes in the past few days regarding tickets (they have also made errors that have affected each other). It is a real pity that this has taken a little bit of the excitement away and from a personal point of view it is disappointing that I have missed out, as a supporter who has been to 80-90% of all away games this season (Cups included). I don't claim to be a super fan or anything but in this day and age it is really poor form that a regular supporter who isn't affiliated with any fans group or supporters club can miss out on a ticket in these circumstances. I fully understand that out of 4000+ ST holders you would have 2500 missing out but it is the process rather than the allocation that has disappointed me the most. 

It is what it is and I am glad the club have apologised and will make efforts to somehow improve things moving forward. I hope that all the fans who did get tickets for Sunday do the club proud and I will have to settle for cheering the team on at home.

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Big Mal Brannigan on the website with a statement saying the ticketing system will be revamped next season following the farce today. In particular it will record away matches attended. 

The people who went to Inverness should have had first dibs. I feel sorry for those that missed out getting a ticket for Sunday.

No you don't.

The person getting 60 tickets had 60 ST vouchers and was from a supporters club who's members will have likely been at many away games this year.

You get no kudos from me from going to a big away game like a playoff rather than day Alloa away in August. So that shouldn't be what determines it either.

Also, in a league where almost every game is PATG how would they know who is attending away games?

Ive been to many away days this season yet im not in a supporters club. Should i have missed out on a ticket to some people who have barely been at games this season (some fans were begging for and recieved voucher P on facebook etc)?

ETA - there shouldve been a limit on how many tickets each person recieved ie 4-6. I couldnt give a f**k if you're in a supporters club or not, it doesnt make you a bigger or better supporter than others. My mate missed out on a ticket today despite only missing a handful of our games this season and he stood in the pissing rain from 10pm last night.

Ps this isnt aimed at Invergowrie Arab, just fans in general

41 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Has St Mirren away end been sold out for Thurs?

Less than 90 left an hour ago (mostly all restricted view) so safe to say its going to be sold out. 

Heard there is a few Buds happy to grab tickets for the home end rather than restricted view for same price in the away end though. 

Edited by djchapsticks

16 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

No you don't.

The person getting 60 tickets had 60 ST vouchers and was from a supporters club who's members will have likely been at many away games this year.

You get no kudos from me from going to a big away game like a playoff rather than day Alloa away in August. So that shouldn't be what determines it either.

Also, in a league where almost every game is PATG how would they know who is attending away games?

Let them queue up for themselves.  Nothing more annoying than the guy in front of you in the chip shop queue taking orders from all his mates shouting in at the door.

Patience waiting in the queue should be rewarded.

Our American masters have stepped in at the eleventh hour with a solution, fans will be penned outside Tannadice in groups of 250, at a given signal by the ref every 15 mins, play will be stopped, time out style as In American football for 11 mins , giving the fans outside a chance to rotate with the fans inside giving every supporter a chance to see at least 15 min uninterrupted play and the right to say in years to come "yes, I was there". God bless America. [emoji631] F.T.D.'83.

5 minutes ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Our American masters have stepped in at the eleventh hour with a solution, fans will be penned outside Tannadice in groups of 250, at a given signal by the ref every 15 mins, play will be stopped, time out style as In American football for 11 mins , giving the fans outside a chance to rotate with the fans inside giving every supporter a chance to see at least 15 min uninterrupted play and the right to say in years to come "yes, I was there". God bless America. emoji631.png F.T.D.'83.

Probably sounded good in your head.

Being a glory hunter who has only been to a handful of games all season I didnt even try to get a ticket.

Hadnt realised hospitality was still available up until yesterday - theres a good few Arabs booked in to that which could be interesting.

2 hours ago, NEFarab said:

The people who went to Stranraer in the Irn Bru cup 3 years ago should have first dibs imo :lol:

People who watched United when they played in black and white should get priority.

Maureen.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Less than 90 left an hour ago (mostly all restricted view) so safe to say its going to be sold out. 

Heard there is a few Buds happy to grab tickets for the home end rather than restricted view for same price in the away end though. 

Don't think there are any restricted view seats in that stand.

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

Being a glory hunter who has only been to a handful of games all season I didnt even try to get a ticket.

Hadnt realised hospitality was still available up until yesterday - theres a good few Arabs booked in to that which could be interesting.

They will be made welcome no problem at all. Food is crap though I used to go now and again. It's now bad value for money. 

Probably one of my favourite games of all time was the 3-2 away win at Tannadice in the playoffs last season. Absolute scenes after the third with the majority of the support barrelling over seats, folk getting pulled away by the stewards and then police. 

It's going to be a meaty affair with the Saints fans, they bring a great atmosphere and I'm hoping they stay up mainly for that alone. Best fans in the country without a doubt. 

Probably one of my favourite games of all time was the 3-2 away win at Tannadice in the playoffs last season. Absolute scenes after the third with the majority of the support barrelling over seats, folk getting pulled away by the stewards and then police. 

It's going to be a meaty affair with the Saints fans, they bring a great atmosphere and I'm hoping they stay up mainly for that alone. Best fans in the country without a doubt. 
They've refused us extra tickets and banned our drum apparently[emoji23]