33 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s some revisionism Maureen.  BTW you guys still wearing flat caps?

Maybe not but neither should it be down to one guy waiting for x hours with 100 vouchers,

My sons went up to the away leg at ICT on a week night yet were denied tickets despite one of them queuing from just after 2 in the morning.

Maybe one solution for future playoff finals (that hopefully won’t include us) is a single leg at Hampden.  For most fans this is will rank up there with a cup final.

There are people on FB complaining that when they got into the shop, there were 4 queues, with one queue moving slower meaning people who had been behind them in the main queue outside got tickets while they missed out.

Sounds like an utter shambles.

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

Folk being allowed to buy 60 tickets is wild 

Feel for Guy, you'd be raging being out in the cold for 12 hours to get f**k all :lol:

Both sets of fans very up for this it seems..

134366.gif?b64lines=IA==

2 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Family member of mine queued up at 2am last night and didn't get tickets. There were only 180 people ahead of them in the queue.

Apparently, St Mirren were selling tickets for the United end directly through their own website for two days.

Totally pissed off that I'm missing the final - first big game in my life I've failed to get a ticket for.

United need to change their ticketing system to a points system, similar to Aberdeen or Celtic, have. Asking people to queue for six or seven hours just to miss out is absolutely ridiculous.

If anyone got two spares for the second leg dm me.

I don't think they asked anyone to queue for six or seven hours. Folk chose to do that.

Edited by DA Baracus

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't think they asked anyone to queue for six or seven hours. Folk chose to do that.

Aye, I wasn't in a position to spend all night standing in a queue nor, frankly, would I have done so if it had been an option (unless there was like a camp fire, music, good drugs etc. - that might have been cool). That's not an investment I'd be prepared to make for the sake of a game of football. More power to those who did it (or who were organised/lucky enough to have mental pals willing to do it for them).

57 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s some revisionism Maureen.  BTW you guys still wearing flat caps?

Maybe not but neither should it be down to one guy waiting for x hours with 100 vouchers,

My sons went up to the away leg at ICT on a week night yet were denied tickets despite one of them queuing from just after 2 in the morning.

Maybe one solution for future playoff finals (that hopefully won’t include us) is a single leg at Hampden.  For most fans this is will rank up there with a cup final.

Even between United and St Mirren you'd be looking at 20,000 (tops) rattling around Hampden. Imagine Hamilton v Inverness at Hampden!

The atmosphere at Tannadice will be bouncing on Thursday night  and I can't wait.

2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Even between United and St Mirren you'd be looking at 20,000 (tops) rattling around Hampden. Imagine Hamilton v Inverness at Hampden!

The atmosphere at Tannadice will be bouncing on Thursday night  and I can't wait.

I’d rather 20,000 rattling around Hampden with everyone who wants a ticket getting one.

That said, I agree that Tannadice should be good on Thursday.

We have took over 20k to Hampden numerous times. Be sure St Mirren would also manage about 10k.

3 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

We have took over 20k to Hampden numerous times. Be sure St Mirren would also manage about 10k.

So we can only sell around 10k tickets for the game at Tannadice, but we'd sell 20k for Hampden? 

Edited by ArabFC

3 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

So we can only sell around 10k tickets for the game at Tannadice, but we'd sell 20k for Hampden? 

Make it Easter Road or Tynecastle then. 

Its not a case of Hampden or nothing.

4 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Tynecastle would be brilliant. That's relatively equidistant for both sets of fans.

That's great, if you expect the SPFL to book a stadium at a few days notice when they know who is in the final, which they obviously wouldn't do.

They'd guess months in advance and odds are they'd pick a stadium ill-suited to the eventual occassion.

31 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

That's great, if you expect the SPFL to book a stadium at a few days notice when they know who is in the final, which they obviously wouldn't do.

They'd guess months in advance and odds are they'd pick a stadium ill-suited to the eventual occassion.

No one is asking them to do that? 

People are just saying it should be pre arranged to be at a bigger ground over one leg.

With the current landscape of Scottish football it is unlikely that a team with a bigger fan base than us will be in the playoffs anytime soon so Tynecastle or Easter Road would be suitable.

40 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

They'd guess months in advance and odds are they'd pick a stadium ill-suited to the eventual occasion.

Don't talk to me about problems, man, talk to me about solutions.

Anyway, I'm not asking the SPFL to do anything, just commenting that a one legged play off at Tynecastle would be great.