2 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Family member of mine queued up at 2am last night and didn't get tickets. There were only 180 people ahead of them in the queue.

Apparently, St Mirren were selling tickets for the United end directly through their own website for two days.

Totally pissed off that I'm missing the final - first big game in my life I've failed to get a ticket for.

United need to change their ticketing system to a points system, similar to Aberdeen or Celtic, have. Asking people to queue for six or seven hours just to miss out is absolutely ridiculous.

If anyone got two spares for the second leg dm me.

Don't think that's true, the away end is never available on our ticket site, and you'd need to be a member on our system to get access to buy one. Can't imagine any United fans being registered as a St Mirren fan. Maybe the guy who bought 60 will sell you one... 

12 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Folk being allowed to buy 60 tickets is wild 

If they've got 60 vouchers then I don't see the problem. No reason for 60 folk to stand in the rain when they can gather up the vouchers and get one guy to do it for them.

I was relying on someone phoning up to get tickets today. No word yet as to whether he got through. I presume not. Pub it is.

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

In the last game against them, McGinn somehow stayed on the pitch after assaulting Smith.

Given that these things even themselves out over a season, we're due a good one in one of these games.

Given that these things even themselves out over a season?

We've been waiting for a semi competent ref to award us FOUR penalties in the one game. 

This occasion seems like the ideal time.

Apparently, St Mirren were selling tickets for the United end directly through their own website for two days.

Nonsense.

The only tickets available on the St. Mirren website for our home game are for the three home stands.

On Saturday, due to a "glitch", tickets for the three home stands were available to anyone who was registered on the system. That was rectified on Sunday to STHs only.

At no time were tickets available for the North (away) Stand.

19 minutes ago, pauliewalnuts said:

Can anyone tell me why St Mirren get called The Maureens?

A few seasons ago we absolutely fucked Dundee United 4-1 and they had a full club meltdown, including grassing up Jim Goodwin on Twitter and our threads being infested by seething Arabs for months. Maureens was the big come back to the absolute merciless mocking they suffered and they've stuck with it.

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

Yeah, vouchers at the end of the season ticket book.

Ah okay, that's fair enough then. Just a case of demand far higher than supply.  Had wondered if they'd done something daft like given out vouchers to folk who'd rocked up to the Inverness match.

Suppose the only better way would be online sales only available to ST holders, to save folk queuing for hours for no reason.  Do Utd have online ticketing?

20 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

If they've got 60 vouchers then I don't see the problem. No reason for 60 folk to stand in the rain when they can gather up the vouchers and get one guy to do it for them.

I was relying on someone phoning up to get tickets today. No word yet as to whether he got through. I presume not. Pub it is.

Ah, makes sense if it was a voucher system

20 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

This. Getting tickets shouldn't come down to your ability to wait in a queue for 30 hours.

It wouldn't take much for the club to come up with some sort of points system, but then, how often have United fans been scrambling for tickets in recent years?

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Ah okay, that's fair enough then. Just a case of demand far higher than supply.  Had wondered if they'd done something daft like given out vouchers to folk who'd rocked up to the Inverness match.

Suppose the only better way would be online sales only available to ST holders, to save folk queuing for hours for no reason.  Do Utd have online ticketing?

You can buy your season ticket online. No idea if it's ever used for other games.

Unfortunately, as you say, it's just a case of demand far outstripping supply. Over 4,000 season ticket holders and only 1,500 tickets available.

Just now, ArabFC said:

This. Getting tickets shouldn't come down to your ability to wait in a queue for 30 hours.

It wouldn't take much for the club to come up with some sort of points system, but then, how often have United fans been scrambling for tickets in recent years?

That's the thing. The last time this happened was the second leg of the Hamilton play-off. The system would only be useful once every few seasons.

I sometimes wonder if a lot of the non-OF clubs don't miss a trick and collectively look for tenders from online ticketing companies.  The best package (financially and in terms of service) would cover all the clubs for a set number of seasons.

That way, season tickets could be swiped at away grounds as well and there'd be a record of points amassed over the season, so loyalty could be rewarded when the big games come round.

Probably different for Aberdeen, Hibs and to a lesser extent Hearts, who probably already have something similar in place as a lot of their away games are ticket only.

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I sometimes wonder if a lot of the non-OF clubs don't miss a trick and collectively look for tenders from online ticketing companies.  The best package (financially and in terms of service) would cover all the clubs for a set number of seasons.

That way, season tickets could be swiped at away grounds as well and there'd be a record of points amassed over the season, so loyalty could be rewarded when the big games come round.

Probably different for Aberdeen, Hibs and to a lesser extent Hearts, who probably already have something similar in place as a lot of their away games are ticket only.

Your club are shite but that's a cracking suggestion

1 hour ago, GAD said:

A few seasons ago we absolutely fucked Dundee United 4-1 and they had a full club meltdown, including grassing up Jim Goodwin on Twitter and our threads being infested by seething Arabs for months. Maureens was the big come back to the absolute merciless mocking they suffered and they've stuck with it.

That’s some revisionism Maureen.  BTW you guys still wearing flat caps?

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Maybe not but neither should it be down to one guy waiting for x hours with 100 vouchers,

My sons went up to the away leg at ICT on a week night yet were denied tickets despite one of them queuing from just after 2 in the morning.

Maybe one solution for future playoff finals (that hopefully won’t include us) is a single leg at Hampden.  For most fans this is will rank up there with a cup final.

Still raging [emoji16]

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Given that these things even themselves out over a season?

We've been waiting for a semi competent ref to award us FOUR penalties in the one game. 

This occasion seems like the ideal time.

That was against Sevco though wasn't it?

Sorry to say those things don't even themselves out over the season.

You’re far too sensible - you need to leave.