58 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

To be fair United only got the tickets to us by late afternoon yesterday.

Total shambles though.

This appears to be a 50/50 tie. Our record against United is horrific. Although when we get one over them it happens to be big occasions.

Hopefully it's not decided by a horrific refereeing decision.

1 league defeat in 9 including 3 wins and 2 draws in the split, which is unheard of for us.

I will be brutally honest; I will accept promotion through a horrific refereeing decision.  :P

I agree these are going to be tight games, too close to call but maybe it will be a bit clearer after the first leg.

My younger son has been in the queue at Tannadice for the second leg tickets since 2.20 this morning.  He reckons he will get tickets but it’s not guaranteed.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Smith's done nothing since he came back, although he's had time out injured and has suffered by United bringing in better players in his position after signing him. Much like last time he was at the club. He won't be starting and is unlikely to come off the bench either.

It's really surprising. Makes me wonder if Jack Ross just knew how to get the best out of him, because Smith wasn't fancied by either Stubbs or Kearney, either. Bit like some of the Arabs have said about McMullan and Neilson - sometimes certain managers just know how to deal with certain players.

11 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

That's the fans lining up at tannadice already to get tickets for the away game

I was speaking to a boy that a group were promised 50 tickets. Somebody in the group put word on Twitter/Facebook and they got a call saying they weren't getting the tickets kept from the club. 

Cue one boy started waiting outside the ticket shop from 2pm, was swapping with another at 10pm, then another at 4am then another from opening until they get the tickets. 

:lol:

25 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Phoning Tannadice to get my away tickets now!!

For some reason the number is engaged. I’ll try later this afternoon.

Very confident I’ll get tickets. :rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's really surprising. Makes me wonder if Jack Ross just knew how to get the best out of him, because Smith wasn't fancied by either Stubbs or Kearney, either. Bit like some of the Arabs have said about McMullan and Neilson - sometimes certain managers just know how to deal with certain players.

Smith's clearly a good player but he just doesn't get involved enough in the game. You'd probably need to give him a run of games to get the best out of him but he's never really shown enough to justify getting a run ahead of other players. Useful guy to have in reserve though and there's still a chance that he'll come good. 

I don't buy the suggestion that he has been played out of position at United. He has stated himself that he enjoys playing on the wing and should be versatile enough in any event to do a job in any of the forward positions. The guys ahead of him - McMullan, Pawlett, Safranko, Clark, Robson - have all made good contributions being asked to play in different positions at various times.

Got my tickets [emoji4]

ETA - anyone who appeared any later than 10pm yesterday will be very lucky to get tickets. People picking up 20+ tickets each and the guy that was there from yesterday afternoon got 60 tickets

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Hopefully it's not decided by a horrific refereeing decision.

Bobby Madden at Tannadice and John Beaton at the Simply Digital Arena will certainly make sure of horrific decisions and plenty of them.

11 hours ago, waverleytales said:

Glory hunters day out? Wonder if they will need a map?

My neighbors are Arabs apparently. Never in my whole 5 years living next to them did I know this. They arrived back from the Inverness game in full dayglow.

Think you know some people and then they go and let you down like that.

1 minute ago, CaspianChris said:

Bobby Madden at Tannadice and John Beaton at the Simply Digital Arena will certainly make sure of horrific decisions and plenty of them.

I dreamt last night that Harkes got our first of 3 from a cutback that was at least a yard over the byeline, but somehow the ref and linesman missed it......

Just now, MacArab said:

I dreamt last night that Harkes got our first of 3 from a cutback that was at least a yard over the byeline, but somehow the ref and linesman missed it......

There's only one Les Mottram :whistle:whistle

Family member of mine queued up at 2am last night and didn't get tickets. There were only 180 people ahead of them in the queue.

Apparently, St Mirren were selling tickets for the United end directly through their own website for two days.

Totally pissed off that I'm missing the final - first big game in my life I've failed to get a ticket for.

United need to change their ticketing system to a points system, similar to Aberdeen or Celtic, have. Asking people to queue for six or seven hours just to miss out is absolutely ridiculous.

If anyone got two spares for the second leg dm me.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I will be brutally honest; I will accept promotion through a horrific refereeing decision.  :P

I agree these are going to be tight games, too close to call but maybe it will be a bit clearer after the first leg.

My younger son has been in the queue at Tannadice for the second leg tickets since 2.20 this morning.  He reckons he will get tickets but it’s not guaranteed.

In the last game against them, McGinn somehow stayed on the pitch after assaulting Smith.

Given that these things even themselves out over a season, we're due a good one in one of these games.

2 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Family member of mine queued up at 2am last night and didn't get tickets. There were only 180 people ahead of them in the queue.

Apparently, St Mirren were selling tickets for the United end directly through their own website for two days.

Totally pissed off that I'm missing the final - first big game in my life I've failed to get a ticket for.

United need to change their ticketing system to a points system, similar to Aberdeen or Celtic, have. Asking people to queue for six or seven hours just to miss out is absolutely ridiculous.

If anyone got two spares for the second leg dm me.

When tickets sell quickly there's always wild rumours go round about where the tickets go. I would doubt that St Mirren would have been selling United end tickets. I may be proved wrong though.