9 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

There was an Arab on there claiming United were true Premiership level, or something like that. Despite having failed to get automatic promotion in three attempts.

Probably not panic as much as ensuring said Twitter user was returned safely to his box.

It's going to be quite the week for searing hot takes on why Scottish football needs Dundee United back in the top flight.

Edited by Stu

30 minutes ago, Stu said:

It's going to be a week of searing hot takes on why Scottish football needs Dundee United back in the top flight.

It's happened annually for quite a bit now. You'd think they'd learn. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

It's happened annually for quite a bit now. You'd think they'd learn. 

I just don't know why they haven't tried to get promoted automatically. It's much more straightforward than going through those tricky playoffs. 

From an ICT point of view we need both County and United gotten to fuck as their resources are insane for the 2nd tier.  I doubt Dundee or St Mirren would throw £1.4 and £1.6 million respectively (if you believe various sources) on wages in that league.  So hopefully it would be a more level playing field.

This season, everyone was fighting for 3rd realistically. 

34 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

From an ICT point of view we need both County and United gotten to f**k as their resources are insane for the 2nd tier.  I doubt Dundee or St Mirren would throw £1.4 and £1.6 million respectively (if you believe various sources) on wages in that league.  So hopefully it would be a more level playing field.

Here are some stats on that. St. Mirren had the second lowest average wage.   Assuming that the total spent is the  average figure x 20, it still comes nowhere near  those amounts. Can't see that level being paid in Championship either.  https://www.statista.com/statistics/547202/average-annual-first-team-player-salaray-football-clubs-scottish-premiership/ 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

From an ICT point of view we need both County and United gotten to f**k as their resources are insane for the 2nd tier.  I doubt Dundee or St Mirren would throw £1.4 and £1.6 million respectively (if you believe various sources) on wages in that league.  So hopefully it would be a more level playing field.

You'd imagine Dundee would have decent resources next season, and United if we beat them, but after them, it'd be between everyone else, including us if we lose the playoffs.

While they won't have big resources, you'd imagine Morton would be there or thereabouts in the top four next season - I think Hopkin's a great appointment. I'd like to think that if we go down, we'd be approaching it with a more solid plan than the last time we got relegated.

Have to say, mind, as much as going down doesn't fill me with the dread it once did, I'm really nervous about these playoff games. 

9 minutes ago, Dele said:

Out of interest, why would Dundee have more resources than St Mirren?

I did say 'imagine' :lol:

You tend to have a bigger average home attendance (500ish more than us this season), which I think is usually one of the key factors in determining budget. I also kinda get the impression your owners are looking to spend a bit and have a bit of clout. If I've misjudged that, happy to be put right: I wasn't intending it as a slight or a preemptive excuse. 

I guess, on our side, we do have remnants of the McGinn money, plus another chunk if Villa don't get promoted and have to sell him. We'll also have a marginally bigger sum for league placing this season. 

Anyone trying to get a ticket for either the home or away leg of this tie will no doubt realise by now what a fucking amateur, small time setup we have at this club.

An absolute comedy of errors. Tannadice tickets go on sale at 5pm today. Online only. But there's no time to post them out, so come down and pick them up tomorrow or Wednesday. But don't try and walk up to the booth to buy one as you can only order online.

Oh and for the home leg, the ticket office is open 5pm-7pm on Thursday - when most of the fans will be headed to Tannadice.....but it's FUCKING CLOSED ALL DAY SATURDAY.

Absolute shitshow...I apologise to any St. Johnstone or Morton fan I have accused of having a small time, wee team mentality. My own club can't even sell tickets to their own fans for the biggest two matches of the season.

Edited by djchapsticks

22 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Anyone trying to get a ticket for either the home or away leg of this tie will no doubt realise by now what a fucking amateur, small time setup we have at this club.

An absolute comedy of errors. Tannadice tickets go on sale at 5pm today. Online only. But there's no time to post them out, so come down and pick them up tomorrow or Wednesday. But don't try and walk up to the booth to buy one as you can only order online.

Oh and for the home leg, the ticket office is open 5pm-7pm on Thursday - when most of the fans will be headed to Tannadice.....but it's FUCKING CLOSED ALL DAY SATURDAY.

Absolute shitshow...I apologise to any St. Johnstone or Morton fan I have accused of having a small time, wee team mentality. My own club can't even sell tickets to their own fans for the biggest two matches of the season.

I’ve been told that my season ticket seat went on sale to someone else. 

I don’t know if I’ll even bother watching on tv. Shocking way to treat fans who have been to every  home game and nearly all away games.

I managed to log on to the ticket site late last night and secured my season ticket seats, which the site had earlier told me were no longer available. 

Edited by glenburn bud

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

And prepare to queue for hours, as there is 1 person in ticket office, and queue is huge.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Oh dear. It appears while the team are at least looking organised and giving 100%, other parts of the organisation are a shambles.

6 minutes ago, monthelie' said:

And prepare to queue for hours, as there is 1 person in ticket office, and queue is huge.

I'm lucky in that I got my season ticket seat booked last night. I'll be on at 5pm for 3 away tickets tonight but it's stupid that you have to justify both buying online AND picking up in person. 

The only defence for the club is that it is a short turnaround, so whatever way they do it would be difficult to post tickets out. The opening hours are nuts though, the late opening night should be Tuesday or Wednesday. And they should have a facility with United where fans can pick up tickets at the ground, for those who genuinely can't make it down to Greenhill Road. You'd think it would be easy enough in this day and age to have a technological solution to this.