4 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It looks like the Maureens are being given the Fair Play Stand only on Thursday. The SPFL take most of the gate anyway so makes sense to have as few away fans at the game as possible. 

So how many does that hold. Is that the one behind the goals or the side on one?

Lots of narrative in this one - there's McMullan coming back, Cammy Smith having the chance for revenge and Neilson possibly sending us down after knocking us back in the summer.

Not massively fussed either way, but overall hope st Mirren keep Utd down.

All this talk of Utd building momentum and how it's different this time, and the BT commentators giving it the "big club, everyone in Scotland wants to see them back up" chat, means the best outcome is a soul destroying narrow defeat for Utd.

Agree with the earlier comment, that Dundee and United battling it out in the championship for a season or twelve would be entertaining.

Mon the buddies.

7 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

They're only getting the top tier so around 750.

Haha surely not? 

I’m gonna assume we ain’t putting our fans in the bottom tier because last time we had different sets of fans in the fair play together it didn’t end well.

Edited by NEFarab

1 hour ago, Laid-back Accie said:

We've already kept United in the championship, it's your turn St Mirren.

Honestly think St Mirren fans should be confident about this, St Mirren looked gone around Christmas but Kearney managed to haul them to 1 point from safety. Definitely think you'll have enough about yous to stay up, think United would need to win 3-0 in the first leg in order to come up.

A 3-0 win in a crucial game at Tannadice?  Can’t think the last time we did that.

Oh, wait...

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

All this talk of Utd building momentum and how it's different this time, and the BT commentators giving it the "big club, everyone in Scotland wants to see them back up" chat, means the best outcome is a soul destroying narrow defeat for Utd.

Agree with the earlier comment, that Dundee and United battling it out in the championship for a season or twelve would be entertaining.

Mon the buddies.

I bet they'll show plenty of Saints fans in the pre-match build up though. They completely ignored the Accies support two years ago. T hey we're desperate for United to win but with Saints having a decent support they might be less biased this time. 

United were impressive last night but the ridiculous penalty turned the game. St Mirren are unbeaten in six and I think they'll edge it in two tight games 2-1 on aggregate.

Well done St Mirren on today"s result and your form over the past couple of months. Pity St Johnstone capitulated at Hamilton. 

Hope you thrash the Arabs  in the play off final.  Looking forward to a Dundee Derby in the Championship and a game v St Mirren in the SPL in season 1920-21

11 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

Well done St Mirren on today"s result and your form over the past couple of months. Pity St Johnstone capitulated at Hamilton. 

Hope you thrash the Arabs  in the play off final.  Looking forward to a Dundee Derby in the Championship and a game v St Mirren in the SPL in season 1920-21

Good to see Dr Who posting. 

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Mon the buddies.

Don't usually disagree with you Paulo but do this time, purely on the basis that Paisley involves having to walk across Glasgow between train stations and probably having to visit the in-laws. 

From every other perspective it makes hee haw difference who ends up winning this but I'm going to be a half-arsed DAB for a week. 

Also, just St Mirren.

Don't usually disagree with you Paulo but do this time, purely on the basis that Paisley involves having to walk across Glasgow between train stations and probably having to visit the in-laws. 

Are you scared of a straightforward 5 minute walk down the busiest street in Glasgow?

They put a bus on for you if you’re that scared, save the hassle of walking through all those nasty folk from Glasgow.

I'm a bit pessimistic about it. We've played rubbish today and you have to strongly fancy United at Tannadice. They don't seem the shambles of previous years and the supporters seem more behind the club now. Scumped Inverness yesterday and our record there is appalling too, even the Saints teams that won the title got nothing there. 
We have to keep it tight first leg, and hope it is close into the second leg. Someone getting a red card would be nice too. Can't remember the last time we won 11 v 11! 

Exactly. 3 games in last 5 v 10 men. A fair slice of luck there (also last game against a team without a proper keeper!). I think the great form that St Mirren are on is a bit over played as a result.

All that said, i hope the luck holds and you stay up, but it’s going to be close!

Just glad Accies aren’t involved. . .

I was more nervous about the game against Inverness and I am fairly relaxed, but not particularly confident, about the next seven days. Having watched St.Mirren twice recently I think that they have a decent amount going forward and although we have improved at the back I am still worried about a typical United moment or two of madness in defence. St.Mirren also have a galvanised set of fans and the atmosphere at the club seems to be generally very positive at the moment (psychologically I would have rather had played Hamilton)

It will be great to have two games with a big crowd and both sets of fans will create a great atmosphere over the two legs.

We are under less pressure financially than we have been and the mood at the club is positive enough that if we didn't get promoted it wouldn't be as disastrous as it could have been if Ogren hadn't taken over. We would also have the neutrals ideal scenario of the Dundee teams being in the same league next season. 

Genuinely cannot call this.

11 hours ago, Lex said:

Dundee Utd big favourites for me.

Only seen them once this year.
That was in the Scottish cup in February.

They came to Paisley and beat us easy, despite going down to 10 men.

Have they got worse since then? Hope so, if not we’re fucked.

This is a mouth watering tie something to look forward too. As you are a St Mirren supporter I find it strange you look at the cup game as an example for the play off game.  Saints are a completely different outfit from that cup game. You Lex / TopCat have wanted Oran  sacked God knows why your the only one that I know who has not backed the manager. 

1 hour ago, bomberharris said:

Exactly. 3 games in last 5 v 10 men. A fair slice of luck there (also last game against a team without a proper keeper!). I think the great form that St Mirren are on is a bit over played as a result.

All that said, i hope the luck holds and you stay up, but it’s going to be close!

Just glad Accies aren’t involved. . .

Hardly a fair slice of luck - 3 times out of 3 we've had a player through on goal and pulled down. Each of those games were 0-0 at the time. 

It's not like 3 dodgy sendings off.