Why do people keep having kids?

Sorry to inject a note of seriousness, and going back to the initial post, but some people have little control over their lives.  Sadly more so for women brought up in a male dominated society.

Sorry to inject a note of seriousness, and going back to the initial post, but some people have little control over their lives.  Sadly more so for women brought up in a male dominated society.

Yeah totally agree, more power to their elbow, they might get the scullery floor cleaned in a prompt manner!

22 hours ago, supermik said:

It is probably easier to negotiate with terrorists than getting siblings to agree on the same thing.

My two had a full-blown argument a few weeks back on what they wanted to watch on the telly.

Turns out, they both wanted to watch the same thing, but each wanted to be the one to choose it.

f**k's sake/

37 minutes ago, Gaz said:

My two had a full-blown argument a few weeks back on what they wanted to watch on the telly.

Turns out, they both wanted to watch the same thing, but each wanted to be the one to choose it.

f**k's sake/

Punch the oldest one in the mouth and if the youngest one doesn't learn from the elder siblings mistake put them both up for adoption.

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just what an old thread about folk being up the duff needed: a massive bump.

Good time to bring it back. If you have kids now they will likely see the end of the world.

• 1 month later...

I had

On 26/04/2021 at 17:08, throbber said:

I had my second at 34 and always said I’d want to get the snip after but a few months have gone by and I think I may want another one. I think 38 is my upper age limit for having a baby.

I had mine at 33 and 37, they are 8 and 4 now and I’m done with babies. No more. 

When I see older guys become Dad again I gives me the fear. I have offered to have the snip a few times but have not been taken up on it. She is of the same kind as me that there shall be no more so that’s ok.

On 27/04/2021 at 00:08, throbber said:

I had my second at 34 and always said I’d want to get the snip after but a few months have gone by and I think I may want another one. I think 38 is my upper age limit for having a baby.

3 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I had

I had mine at 33 and 37, they are 8 and 4 now and I’m done with babies. No more. 

When I see older guys become Dad again I gives me the fear. I have offered to have the snip a few times but have not been taken up on it. She is of the same kind as me that there shall be no more so that’s ok.

I had my first, and only, one at 47.

10 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I had my first, and only, one at 47.

Good on you mate. I didn’t mean that to be in any way disrespectful. I just mean I know how hard I found it at the ages I was at and I would struggle to have the energy for another one. 

I sometimes wished I had had mine much younger as a lot of people do but I also know that I would have been useless at it say in my early 20s.