Summer Transfer Window 19-20

Wolves sign Patrick Cutrone from Milan for £16 million.
Brighton close to signing Adam Webster from Bristol City for a club record £20 million. The fee looks OTT to me.
Nicholas Pepe is having his Arsenal medical before a £72 million move.  
ETA - Jurgen Klopp has punted Ben Woodburn out on loan to Oxford United. League One is a big step down for a Welsh international.

Arsenal are making their £45 million budget go a long way.

13 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Poor loan spell at Sheffield United last season and he’s been overtaken in pre-season by the likes of Rhian Brewster and Bobby Duncan. Last chance saloon for him at Liverpool if that. 

Whats your opinion on Bobby Duncan. How far away is he from the top team? 

36 minutes ago, Dele said:

Whats your opinion on Bobby Duncan. How far away is he from the top team? 

Saw him playing for last seasons u18s at Blackburn and didn’t think he had a great game but he still scored. Klopp seems to rate him wonder if he’ll be loaned out too or stay and play 23s. 

Burnley have accepted Villa's £8m bid for Tom Heaton. IMHO Heaton is better than Nick Pope (marginally) and the hapless Joe  Hart.

Burnley need to invest in quality new players. Re-signing Rodriguez and bringing in Pieters, journeymen at this level, shows a lack of commitment from the board.

Burnley have accepted Villa's £8m bid for Tom Heaton. IMHO Heaton is better than Nick Pope (marginally) and the hapless Joe  Hart.
Burnley need to invest in quality new players. Re-signing Rodriguez and bringing in Pieters, journeymen at this level, shows a lack of commitment from the board.
But what's realistically the option for a team like Burnley, spend 30 or 40 million in transfer feez on two or three players to move a place or two up the league. In all honestly Burnley aren't likely to ever (on a regular basis) challenge for European places without major investment (this goes for other clubs but Burnley are a prime example).

15 hours ago, spud131 said:
16 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

But what's realistically the option for a team like Burnley, spend 30 or 40 million in transfer feez on two or three players to move a place or two up the league. In all honestly Burnley aren't likely to ever (on a regular basis) challenge for European places without major investment (this goes for other clubs but Burnley are a prime example).

It's a matter of survival, not moving up. 

All clubs will receive huge television income from the EPL this year, much more even if they are mid table. With the security of parachute payments, it's hard to understand why they are so reluctant to strengthen the team.

Burnley have signed ageing players who played in the Championship last season. Rodriguez, funded by the sale of Heaton,  replaces Crouch. Pieters would not have cost much and he wasn't great at Stoke either. Meh!

I'm not expecting Villa or Wolves levels of spending, just a few younger players to improve a squad that really struggled last season. Current net spending, given the club's income, so far is a pittance - much lower than Norwich, Sheffield United and Brighton. Atm, Burnley must be among the favourites to go down if they don't invest properly.

Horoya AC [emoji1119] have completed the signing of attacking midfielder Canaan Markneh Maleko (21) [emoji1098] from Ethiopia Premier League side Adama City FC.

The Guinea champions now have players from 12 African countries in their team.
[emoji1098][emoji1119][emoji1159][emoji1184][emoji1062][emoji1078][emoji1110][emoji1059][emoji1183][emoji1211][emoji1269][emoji1254]

Chelsea's Kasey Palmer joins Tomas Kalas and Jay DaSilva at Bristol City on permanent deals.  All three  were on loan at Ashton Gate last season.

Astute business, especially Palmer who was on a pre-season tour with Chelsea this summer. Chelsea have received over £160 million in transfer fees this summer.

Dodi Lukebakio (no, me neither) has apparently been sold by Watford to Hertha Berlin for 20 million Euros.  If true then it would represent an amazing bit of business for the hornets, a little research shows me that they bought him from Anderlecht  in January 2018 for 5 million euros, he made 1 sub appearance for them and now they have flogged him for a 15 million euro profit!

Edited by senorsoupe

With regards to pepe deal. Read that lille had sold the contract to an agency or whatever for about ten mill shy of full price. So arsenal will infact pay the money to said agency over the years rather than lille. An interesting insight into way some transfers can work I thought

I thought FIfa banned third party owners/transfers or whatever?
Sounds more like a finance deal where arsenal pay in instalments but a funder gives lille the full amount upfront minus a discount, then arsenal repay the funder. Very common in instalment transfer deals.

23 minutes ago, Stevieda said:
8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:
I thought FIfa banned third party owners/transfers or whatever?

Sounds more like a finance deal where arsenal pay in instalments but a funder gives lille the full amount upfront minus a discount, then arsenal repay the funder. Very common in instalment transfer deals.

Common? Who else has done this? First I have ever head of it. Also dodgy as f**k.

Common? Who else has done this? First I have ever head of it. Also dodgy as f**k.
Very common, it started off as being popular at championship level transfers but has spread across england and Europe. Nothing dodgy about it, if you're due £20m in a years time you can bring in £18m now and use the future cashflow as security against the borrowing. In that scenario the lender makes £2m interest. There would be a deed signed to say the payments are made directly to the lender from the buyer. Pretty basic structure finance deal.