Summer Transfer Window 19-20

Tielemans will be a good signing and there's bigger clubs being linked but supposedly Leicester is where he sees his next couple of years. Genuinely no idea why they signed Ayoze Perez, especially at that price. 

50 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I would imagine the first season he will play in rotation with Fernandinho as he learns Pep's system and what is expected of him.  63 mil is a lot but it shows how important Man City sees that role

It's a fantastic signing considering some of the insane prices flying about

22 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Ndombele signs for Spurs from Lille for £53.8 million in a deal that could rise to £62.8 million - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48841318.

Seems grossly over-priced for a player with only 6 caps but it's a crazy market atm.

Normally I'd agree but given the prices getting battered about it ''almost' seems like a really good bit of business. Everytime I've seen of this guy on the box he's been amazing, really sought after and Levy and Spurs have done well to get him in now - I reckon if you give it three seasons and Spurs will likely sell on to Real or something for a fee above £100m.

Spurs still want Lo Celso from Betis and the players wants the move but Levy is trying to get full whack for Erikson to Madrid first. Wouldn't be surprised to see Erikson move for @£60m plus a player coming the other way, Spurs then wrapping up Lo Celso and picking up Sessegnon from Fulham as well. They could do with a back up for Kane now that Llorente has been released...

Daniel Levy must be trying to hide his wallet at the minute in case Pochetino finds it!

19 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I can't wait to the EPL crashes. I hope it happens while I am alive.

The Italian league started taking over late eighties

Prices rocketed and all the best players were going there by mid nineties

By early 2000's arse had fallen out, fiorentina, Parma going bust

You might not have to wait too long

Certainly if some eg political events lead to Arabs or russians pulling their money out. Could happen

34 minutes ago, Dele said:

Tielemans will be a good signing and there's bigger clubs being linked but supposedly Leicester is where he sees his next couple of years. Genuinely no idea why they signed Ayoze Perez, especially at that price. 

Planning to sell Maddison for that twice that price IMO. 

39 minutes ago, Dele said:

Perez can play both as a striker and as an attacking mid which will fit well with Rodgers' preferred 4-2-3-1 strategy.  Up front, behind |Vardy Leicester don't have great options, Ihenacho and Slimani probably don't really impress Rodgers so one or both could be on their way out.  

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Perez can play both as a striker and as an attacking mid which will fit well with Rodgers' preferred 4-2-3-1 strategy.  Up front, behind |Vardy Leicester don't have great options, Ihenacho and Slimani probably don't really impress Rodgers so one or both could be on their way out.  

Slimani is definitely on the way out. Ihenacho has been another huge disappointment. Leicester would be very lucky to get close to what they paid for them. 

Diabate, Gezzal, Adrien Silva, James and King were frozen out by Puel. Rodgers doesn't not seem keen on them either. They'll probably be sold or loaned out.  

10 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Slimani is definitely on the way out. Ihenacho has been another huge disappointment. Leicester would be very lucky to get close to what they paid for them. 

Diabate, Gezzal, Adrien Silva, James and King were frozen out by Puel. Rodgers doesn't not seem keen on them either. They'll probably be sold or loaned out.  

It's only natural that a manager will make a lot of moves in his first transfer window.  Right now (at least according to Wiki), Leicester have 31 first team players, wouldn't be surprised to see them trim that number down by 6 or 7

10 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Didn't he also cause trouble when he was at Stoke?  Seems to me this guy is just a p***k

I think he maybe forced through his move to West Ham?

21 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Is he any good? If they get Cancelo then they've addressed the positions that needed to be addressed - RB, LB, backup DM - but I have no idea if the players are good.

He's a brilliant player. After Oblak, was Atleti's best player last season. Will be a much bigger loss than Griezmann. Young, reads the game brilliantly, good passer of the ball and breaks up play well. 

In today's market, it's a bargain.

On 01/07/2019 at 17:58, 7-2 said:

£200,000 basic plus bonuses seems to be the generally accepted figure.

Well that’s a bit more sensible. £300k a year for Rashford is bananas.

Plus we forget he will probably fall into the bracket for super tax so you can take 45% off that as well. When you look at it objectively he’s only walking away with about 5 times the average persons yearly salary, every week. 

Well that’s a bit more sensible. £300k a year for Rashford is bananas.
Plus we forget he will probably fall into the bracket for super tax so you can take 45% off that as well. When you look at it objectively he’s only walking away with about 5 times the average persons yearly salary, every week. 

Not really as he only pays that level of tax and an element of it

With all the outrageous fees floating about the signing of the season for me is Rabiot on a free to Juve, wages will be sickening but he's a great player.

Jury is still out on that one IMO. Hasn’t played for ages, was pretty honking last season beforehand, has bad attitude problems (thinks he’s a lot better than he is) and is slightly overrated anyway. On a free you can’t complain though, but it’s unsurprising the likes of Real and Barca weren’t interested in the end.

The Spurs backup striker problem is an interesting one. Realistically, who could they get that a) is decent b) is fine going in there knowing they won’t be first choice.