Summer Transfer Window 19-20

Fair play to Leicester for at least  trying to get 70M for Maguire, they know full well that the Manchester teams have been pending stupid money lately so might as well see if you can sucker them into sending some of that cash to your club. 

Rejecting an offer of £70 million for him is fucking wild. Was Ole not given a budget of £150 millions as well?

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Rejecting an offer of £70 million for him is fucking wild. Was Ole not given a budget of £150 millions as well?

I'm surprised they rejected the offer, they must think they can fleece the Manchester twins for even more money.  This to me also points to the reduced clout Manchester United have these days.  In the not too distant past a team like Leicester would never be able to keep a player happy that Man United wanted, the mystique of that club (and the success) would be enough to lure any player but Maguire (at least from the outside) appears to be acting professionally and not agitating for any sort of move to Old Trafford

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

Rejecting an offer of £70 million for him is fucking wild.

It’s early days and they’ll push for higher. He recently signed a new 5 year deal so Leicester are in a strong position. Rumoured to want £90 million for him wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what they get with add ons.  

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Yet Motherwell will cut the hands off Norwich or any other EPL club that offers over the odds for Turnbull.

You'll live to see that.

This point would be better if he had any intention of going there.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Yet Motherwell will cut the hands off Norwich or any other EPL club that offers over the odds for Turnbull.

You'll live to see that.

Wind your neck in Mintermind.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Atletico Madrid agree massive deal 19-year-old Joao Felix from Benfica for €126m

Confirmed - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48859847.

Funded by the imminent sale Griezmann to Barca for €120 million. 

So who will pay that sort of money for Coutinho?

And then money-go-round continues...

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Felix play. I usually at least know a bit about the players going for that kind of money, but not him. Wonder if China would slump up the Coutinho money?

4 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Felix play. I usually at least know a bit about the players going for that kind of money, but not him. Wonder if China would slump up the Coutinho money?

IIRC there are rules to cap spending on foreign players by Chinese clubs. It's doubtful that even a Chinese club could afford that sort of money anyway.

PSG is a possibility if FFP rules permit. Then there are the predictable Liverpool rumours.

If Pogba can get out of Old Trafford, it could be a very eventful summer. 

10 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Confirmed - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48859847.

Funded by the imminent sale Griezmann to Barca for €120 million. 

So who will pay that sort of money for Coutinho?

And then money-go-round continues...

I think Barca are more inclined to sign Neymar, with Coutinho going to Paris to fund it. 

Can't see Griezmann going to Barca unless they punt Dembele.

I'm surprised they rejected the offer, they must think they can fleece the Manchester twins for even more money.  This to me also points to the reduced clout Manchester United have these days.  In the not too distant past a team like Leicester would never be able to keep a player happy that Man United wanted, the mystique of that club (and the success) would be enough to lure any player but Maguire (at least from the outside) appears to be acting professionally and not agitating for any sort of move to Old Trafford

Why would he want to go when there will be other offers for him? Imagine the pressure he’ll be under as their #1 signing of the summer who has gone for more money than Van Dijk, he’ll be the first person the supporters turn on when things start going pear shaped for them. Would be a good signing for Man Utd but what ludicrous money we are talking about here.

21 minutes ago, Dele said:

Man City have paid the £62.8m release clause to sign Rodri from Atletico Madrid. Seems he's to be the long term replacement for Fernandinho.

I would imagine the first season he will play in rotation with Fernandinho as he learns Pep's system and what is expected of him.  63 mil is a lot but it shows how important Man City sees that role

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Is he any good? If they get Cancelo then they've addressed the positions that needed to be addressed - RB, LB, backup DM - but I have no idea if the players are good.

He's 23, has 6 Spain caps, and was a regular for Atleti last season so presumably a few managers think he's good

3 hours ago, throbber said:

Why would he want to go when there will be other offers for him? Imagine the pressure he’ll be under as their #1 signing of the summer who has gone for more money than Van Dijk, he’ll be the first person the supporters turn on when things start going pear shaped for them. Would be a good signing for Man Utd but what ludicrous money we are talking about here.

This is indeed a problem, however the wages Man Utd will offer will presumably be crazy compared to what Leicester can offer (judging by how much they are giving Rashford).  

Speaking of Leicester, I presume they are holding out for more money to fund Brendan's transfer plans.  They just confirmed the 30M signing of Ayoze Perez and are now lining up a 40M deal for Youri Tielmans plus sent 6M to Luton for James Justin.  At some point I presume the bean counters at the King Power will tell Brendan he needs to recoup some costs and what better way than to get all that money back for Maguire