hurlford

Darvel legend

any truth in the rumours that hurlford chairman has resigned and that things are not all good down hurlford way ?

Who is the chairman? Is it the money man?

It’s always the danger-clubs with no or limited success taking on an investor who donates very large lump sums.Possible short term wins but over the years many fail eg Kilwinning,Maryhill,Meadow,Johnstone Burgh etc.Its tempting but has caused issues for many too

7 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

It’s always the danger-clubs with no or limited success taking on an investor who donates very large lump sums.Possible short term wins but over the years many fail eg Kilwinning,Maryhill,Meadow,Johnstone Burgh etc.Its tempting but has caused issues for many too

Tell Darvel that.

On 17/05/2019 at 07:43, fan of the juniors said:

Hurlford have a far better set up off the park now so I feel they will be fine even if the rumours are true . Good bunch down there

Most teams , if not all get a very small part of there money through the gate. This is where I feel Hurlford may struggle, even with all of there success they struggle to get support. If it is true, note I say if, thenI feel they will struggle. Yes they are a good bunch, however they need more support.

Hurlford are fine

Think people are getting mixed up between the chairman and the guy who finances them

Last time I went down was at the Renfrew game. Very decent set up with a lot of hard working people about the place 

Pitch was also getting criticised for years but from what I seen it was Immaculate on the day. Was told only one postponement all season 

• 2 weeks later...