English Premier League 2019-20

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

They had a 10 point lead on a Saturday which became a 7 point lead when City played the next day and then it was a 4 point lead when City beat Liverpool at the Emirates the following weekend, the only domestic game Liverpool lost all season. They then had 2 draws in a row a couple weeks later away to West Ham and at home to Leicester and then 2 more draws away to Man Utd and Everton not long after and won every other game apart from that and finished on 97 points, one point behind City (and 7 points more than the Arsenal invincible team got) and also won the Champions league. Anyone claiming that Liverpool fucked up or bottled anything last season is at the wind up.

Their odds have gone from about 3/1 to 6/4 of them winning the league due to City already dropping points, it will probably go down to the wire again but I can see them both being pretty close to 100 points again so every time one of them drops points is potentially massive even at this stage.

That sort of consistency can't be denied. If Liverpool can keep Klopp happy they'll win the league eventually.

Which is exactly what I said. 

I know but when you and others imply they “fucked it” you are on the wind up due to your anti Liverpool agenda. They had a few draws around January/February time which ended up costing them, they won every game in the run up to the end of the season.

"Anti Liverpool agenda" :lol:

They had a 10 point lead, well into the season. At the end of the season, they never won the league. 

Arsenal done this (sometimes not even as much as ten (10) points) for years and are known as bottlers. Liverpool should be no different. 

15 minutes ago, throbber said:

I know but when you and others imply they “fucked it” you are on the wind up due to your anti Liverpool agenda. They had a few draws around January/February time which ended up costing them, they won every game in the run up to the end of the season.

Exactly. I think Dels had another one of his ‘big’ Saturday nights up in Dundee. 

All the drama across the PL yesterday featuring many of the best players in the world and here we are still the same old Liverpool bitterness. 

18 minutes ago, Dele said:

They had a 10 point lead, well into the season. At the end of the season, they never won the league. 

Arsenal done this (sometimes not even as much as ten (10) points) for years and are known as bottlers. Liverpool should be no different. 

Dele you are never going to win this argument on here vs the Glory Hunters. Liverpool fans from the Lothians lol. What the fucks that about ??

Tbf Liverpool have been amazingly consistent and Klopp’s big spending is certainly paying dividends.

Best league in the world ?? Crikey it’s finished after 5 games.

Dele you are never going to win this argument on here vs the Glory Hunters. Liverpool fans from the Lothians lol. What the fucks that about ??
Tbf Liverpool have been amazingly consistent and Klopp’s big spending is certainly paying dividends.

The best league in the world patter is becoming exposed as the marketing narrative it is tbh. That much is obvious when the lauded competitiveness of the big six has morphed into lauding the dominance of the big two. Sky are experts at shifting the narrative. Odd that a two horse race is seen as making our league a laughing stock but down there is a fascinating battle....

They even called City the best team in Europe lastnight. I mean.... By what measure?

Mind the English teams were shite in Europe for a while so they shifted the narrative.

Apparently it was the most competitve league in the world. Bottom feeders could only beat top clubs in the EPL, you wouldnt get it in Spain or Germany.

The story this morning is like Norwich won the world cup.

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I mainly watch local football but just get to a few games GB :D

Klopp has spend around £60 million net in 4 years and Liverpool are European Champions. 

I don’t subscribe myself but Sky are very clever with their marketing from Falkirk to Arbroath the money pours in. 

10 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I mainly watch local football but just get to a few games GB :D

Klopp has spend around £60 million net in 4 years and Liverpool are European Champions. 

I don’t subscribe myself but Sky are very clever with their marketing from Falkirk to Arbroath the money pours in. 

No you don’t.

Net spend is a lot of crap. Klopp has spent c.£150 million on a very good gk and centre half.

You have nearly -1000 points as people on here don’t like glory hunters mate. 

It’s just weird.

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

No you don’t.

Net spend is a lot of crap. Klopp has spent c.£150 million on a very good gk and centre half.

You have nearly -1000 points as people on here don’t like glory hunters mate. 

It’s just weird.

2 Scotland games and 7/8 local ones between Burnley and yesterday confirms otherwise. 

Klopp has spent incredibly well and to think almost every signing on here criticised at the time. Been a fantastic few years. No wonder it’s quiet :)

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

It isn’t really a 10 point lead when the team below you has a game in hand that they are going to be playing the next day anyway. They had a 7 point lead because of City’s uncharacteristic slip ups at home to Leicester and Crystal Palace iirc but they still had a trip to the Emirates and with Man City’s incredible record there it really doesn’t make it a bottle job that the lead at the top was then only 4 points. They then went the rest of the season undefeated and also won the Champions league. Anyone who claims they bottled it last season is either on the windup or a total moron.

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Your bullshit about supporting the local amateur teams. You are a glory hunter bud. Not a crime but that’s what you are.

Scottish Sunday Amateur Trophy, East of Scotland League, Women’s Premier League and Champions League, 2 Euro 2020 qualifiers, 2 U20s games and even a school game.

Just popped to Anfield before the big one in the F.A. Vase tie yesterday :)

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

It isn’t really a 10 point lead when the team below you has a game in hand that they are going to be playing the next day anyway. They had a 7 point lead because of City’s uncharacteristic slip ups at home to Leicester and Crystal Palace iirc but they still had a trip to the Emirates and with Man City’s incredible record there it really doesn’t make it a bottle job that the lead at the top was then only 4 points. They then went the rest of the season undefeated and also won the Champions league. Anyone who claims they bottled it last season is either on the windup or a total moron.

Next thing Del will be bringing it up that Lolverpool spent all summer above Manchester C on alphabetical order.